dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
More from Peter King:

Dallas next touched the ball with 2:59 left. First down: Dak Prescott threw what should have been a pick-six that Dre Greenlaw dropped. Second down: Prescott missed Michael Gallup on a deep shot down the right side. Third down: Prescott sacked. That’s 48 seconds of Jerry Jones’ life he’ll never get back.

Overall, I left unimpressed with Dallas. I loved the defense. DeMarcus Lawrence had one of his best games ever, all things considered, and the Niners struggled even doing the basics on offense. Now, I realize the San Francisco defense is the game’s best, and it often looks like even good teams are running in mud against the Niners. But Prescott was not a big-time player Sunday. If Greenlaw catches the pick-six with three minutes to go, the final is 26-12 and sabers would be rattling about the turnover-prone Prescott’s future. And the little things the Cowboys just didn’t handle right like returner KaVontae Turpin making a fair catch at his own six-yard line, with space around him, down seven with 45 seconds left. What is he doing fair-catching the ball in that situation? Dude, the touchdowns aren’t going to score themselves. Then, the bizarre final play of the game, with Ezekiel Elliott playing center, snapping the ball to Prescott, and getting obliterated by Niners linebacker Azeez Al-Shaair. “What the heck was that?” Greenlaw said later. Some of what Dallas did just wasn’t football-smart.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Didn't we have a thread about the improbable (losing) stats compiled under the Red Dolt?

The hits keep coming.

I started that thread with the title referencing jeri not red but it got changed, jeri is the problem and always will be and those records of failure should start with him (not to take anything away from criticizing any of his lackeys like red)

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Posted this in the Prescott thread to, but seriously. WTF is this clown looking at?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
It was a stupid play design, but seriously. What great "play" does any coach draw up to get a 75 yd miracle TD with 5 seconds left.

Moore isn't the problem. The QB is the problem. It's painfully obvious at this point.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
not seeing underneath defenders is a consistent problem for him
What's worse is he doesn't bother looking anywhere else to see where the wide open guys were.

Like on the vast majority of his ints this year.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Posted this in the Prescott thread to, but seriously. WTF is this clown looking at?

He was looking at his first read which is what he almost ALWAYS does. He can't look off that receiver and go to his second read. He knows where he's going to go witht he ball pre-snap and he usually does.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
It was a stupid play design, but seriously. What great "play" does any coach draw up to get a 75 yd miracle TD with 5 seconds left.

Moore isn't the problem. The QB is the problem. It's painfully obvious at this point.

Welcome back to reality David. We thought we lost you there for a minute......

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
not seeing underneath defenders is a consistent problem for him

Maybe Dak just needs his eyes checked and a set of glasses/contacts like Jamies Winston did the right after the year he threw 30 TD’s and 30’s INT’s

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Gallimore deep middle covering Kittle. Brilliant.

There's some talk that Kittle was covered on the line and was an inelligible receiver. He was blocking in the middle of the OL when he realized his QB was in trouble and he broke into a receiving pattern and Gallimore followed him. That wasn't by design. I'm not sure I can post the video. But it would make a lot of sense.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
There's some talk that Kittle was covered on the line and was an inelligible receiver. He was blocking in the middle of the OL when he realized his QB was in trouble and he broke into a receiving pattern and Gallimore followed him. That wasn't by design. I'm not sure I can post the video. But it would make a lot of sense.
Yep, apparently it was confirmed.

He was an ineligible receiver. Refs just missed it.

Last edited:

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

STFU Werder.

Prescott was exactly the same player last year and this year. The only difference this year was 1) Receivers deflected balls that went right into defenders hands more and 2) defenders caught more of the lousy throws that Prescott made.

Prescott was a better player prior to the leg injury, not because his passing or decision making was any better, but because when plays broke down or he didnt see anyone open immediately, he would take off and run more.

Cee Dee Lamb in his 1st yr as the #1 WR had a bigger year than any of Cooper's seasons in Dallas. More receptions, more yards and more tds.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Jerry taking a subtle shot at Prescott.

Dodger, it seems Jerry agreed with your pre gameday take that Dak would somehow be the difference between us winning and losing because the other guy was so inexperienced.

Top Bottom