Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Help me out here.

We all knew about this right? It was widely reported what happened. Why is there suddenly outrage now that we see the pictures?

I was listening to sports radio to and from recruiting tonight and the hosts were talking about the Cowboys releasing him and the NFL suspending him again? Why?

Seriously am I missing something?

I'm not excusing what he did. I think he's one hell of a defensive end but I'm also worried that plays and lives his life on the edge of doing something stupid. I just knew these things months ago before we signed him. So did everyone else. What gives?
It was the same way when the elevator knockout video was leaked. What was already dealt with and somewhat deemed okay suddenly became a national outcry.

Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
People will look the other way as long as they possibly can. See CZ for an example. There are posters over there who would probably excuse Hardy if he sucker punched a toddler.

The video (and now pictures) forced people to look at the problem. When they did, they didn't like what they saw.

Reaction score
Its because humans are visual creatures. Typically we need to see something in order to feel our purest emotions.

Same reasons why prosecutors present photographic evidence of victims during a trial. A jury member can hear endless testimony about what horrible crimes a defendent commits, but all the testimony won't have near the effect as seeing a murder victims picture after the crime.

Or better yet... think back to the Oklahoma City bombing and all the children killed/maimed. Pisses you off to think about it, right? Now go on YouTube and watch video of coverage of the event and put names/faces to the victims. You'll feel exponentially worse.

cockstrong

UDFA
Reaction score
Its because humans are visual creatures. Typically we need to see something in order to feel our purest emotions.

Same reasons why prosecutors present photographic evidence of victims during a trial. A jury member can hear endless testimony about what horrible crimes a defendent commits, but all the testimony won't have near the effect as seeing a murder victims picture after the crime.

Or better yet... think back to the Oklahoma City bombing and all the children killed/maimed. Pisses you off to think about it, right? Now go on YouTube and watch video of coverage of the event and put names/faces to the victims. You'll feel exponentially worse.

If this site had a like button. I would certainly give one to you

Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score

This site should have the Reddit form of the like button. They could be called "upcocks" for your months of service as an an undercover agent.

Tass

Spectator
Reaction score
"There is no reason to hit a woman...and I was just like 'Really?' I could give you, like, seventeen right off the top of my head. You could wake me from a drunken stupor and I could still give you, like, nine. Dude, there's plenty of reasons to hit a woman, you just don't do it. To sit there and suggest there is NO reason??? Dude, the level of ego behind that statement...what, are you levitating above the rest of us? You're never annoying? Women, how many times have you thought about slapping your guy in the fucking head this week? (Woman yells: Every dayyyy!) There you go! Every day. You didn't do it, right? Oh dude, it drives me nuts. 'There's no reason, there's no reason.' Really? No reason? How about this: You marry a girl, you fall in love, you buy her a house, you go to work every day paying off the house, you come home one day and she's banging the next-door neighbor, hands you divorce papers, you gotta move out, sleep on a futon and STILL pay for that house that she's gonna stay in. NO reason. I'm not saying you should do it, but there's plenty of fucking reasons in that arc of a story. Saying there's no reason? I think that's crazy. When you say there's 'no reason' that kills any examination as to how two people ended up at that place. You've cut out the buildup and you're just left with the act. How are you going to solve it if you can't figure it out? How come you can't ask questions? You can only ask questions about what the guy did, you can never ask about the woman. Why is that? I understand hitting a woman is a bad thing, ok? How come you can't fuckin ask questions? I just don't understand. Like if I got bit by a rattlesnake wouldn't you guys have some questions? Right? 'How did it happen? Did you not see it? Were you fucking with it? How did the snake get so mad that it almost killed you?' Firemen put out a fire...they don't just drive away afterwards they sift through the debris. 'How did it start? Here's an oily rag.' Right? I realize that there's some animal guys out there, ok? Horrible guys. Have a rough day at the factory, come home and just start swinging. I'm not trying to say that those people don't exist. I realize they exist, ok? So if I can admit that, ladies can you at least admit that every ass-kicking doesn't just fall out of the fucking sky???"

- Bill Burr
'You People Are All the Same'

Last edited:

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
My head coach and I were debating this issue a few months ago. He kept saying there is not a single reason to ever hit a woman, none.

I said what if you were out somewhere and a woman was attacking your teenage daughter, just going crazy on her.

He said well that's not likely.

I asked would you hit her if she wouldn't stop.

He said of course.

Then the logic of "there is never a reason to hit a woman" doesn't hold true.

I was in the Army and saw women from foreign countries do what they had to do to defend their homes, children, etc. I never had to hit one of them but it came very close. The alternative would have been worse.

None of this excuses Greg Hardy and what he did. I just think women can act in amazingly irrational ways sometimes and shouldn't have this invisible shield that men can't hit them back.

Reaction score
It’s a double standard. There are youtube videos testing to see how people would react to a woman hitting a man in public. People are walking by laughing, it’s just a big joke. Turn the tables around and a man is hitting the woman, strangers come to her defense. I think it is equally wrong for a woman to put her hands on a man, but it happens all the time and they get a free pass. Anyways woman are great at using psychological warfare, they don’t need to be physical abusive.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Why?

Seriously am I missing something?

What gives?

The mentality of those that burned "witches" at the stake is alive and well today

double jeopardy, rehabilitation, etc be damned, give me my pound of flesh!

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score

Yep, he nailed it.

Plus, in this case a bunch of people had actually convinced themselves he was completely innocent and never laid a hand on her, that he was the victim of a gold digger who fabricated this story to extort him. Of course some of those people (as IR linked) still believe that because they're completely delusional.

As far as cmd's point, it's not strictly true that there's never a reason. If a woman has a gun or a knife or a bomb on her and is about to seriously hurt you or a bunch of other people, do what you have to do. But a crazy girl who's had too much to drink and hits you or something? Hasn't everyone experienced that? I had it happen with a girlfriend and I just sort of put her in a bear hug until she calmed down. I'd never consider hitting a girl because she hit me.

And I'm not nearly as big as Greg Hardy. I mean my shoulders even fit inside regular door frames.

Last edited:

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
"There is no reason to hit a woman...and I was just like 'Really?' I could give you, like, seventeen right off the top of my head. You could wake me from a drunken stupor and I could still give you, like, nine. Dude, there's plenty of reasons to hit a woman, you just don't do it. To sit there and suggest there is NO reason??? Dude, the level of ego behind that statement...what, are you levitating above the rest of us? You're never annoying? Women, how many times have you thought about slapping your guy in the fucking head this week? (Woman yells: Every dayyyy!) There you go! Every day. You didn't do it, right? Oh dude, it drives me nuts. 'There's no reason, there's no reason.' Really? No reason? How about this: You marry a girl, you fall in love, you buy her a house, you go to work every day paying off the house, you come home one day and she's banging the next-door neighbor, hands you divorce papers, you gotta move out, sleep on a futon and STILL pay for that house that she's gonna stay in. NO reason. I'm not saying you should do it, but there's plenty of fucking reasons in that arc of a story. Saying there's no reason? I think that's crazy. When you say there's 'no reason' that kills any examination as to how two people ended up at that place. You've cut out the buildup and you're just left with the act. How are you going to solve it if you can't figure it out? How come you can't ask questions? You can only ask questions about what the guy did, you can never ask about the woman. Why is that? I understand hitting a woman is a bad thing, ok? How come you can't fuckin ask questions? I just don't understand. Like if I got bit by a rattlesnake wouldn't you guys have some questions? Right? 'How did it happen? Did you not see it? Were you fucking with it? How did the snake get so mad that it almost killed you?' Firemen put out a fire...they don't just drive away afterwards they sift through the debris. 'How did it start? Here's an oily rag.' Right? I realize that there's some animal guys out there, ok? Horrible guys. Have a rough day at the factory, come home and just start swinging. I'm not trying to say that those people don't exist. I realize they exist, ok? So if I can admit that, ladies can you at least admit that every ass-kicking doesn't just fall out of the fucking sky???"

- Bill Burr
'You People Are All the Same'

love it, deserves multiple "upcocks"

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
It was the same way when the elevator knockout video was leaked. What was already dealt with and somewhat deemed okay suddenly became a national outcry.

Right. And what happened after the vid went public? Rice was immediately released. Hardy won't meet the same fate.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Right. And what happened after the vid went public? Rice was immediately released. Hardy won't meet the same fate.

But wasn't there some debate after what actually happened in the elevator? The video was the revelation of truth. These pictures are just the visual evidence of what we already knew.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
But wasn't there some debate after what actually happened in the elevator? The video was the revelation of truth. These pictures are just the visual evidence of what we already knew.

But we didn't know for sure. We merely had her allegations. Hell, a lot of Dallas fans outright called her a liar. The point is that when Baltimore knew for sure (after seeing the second video), they got rid of Rice. When Jerry knew for sure (after seeing the Deadspin pics), he whistled in the wind.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I knew, how did you guys not know? The police reports were made public in 2014. He was convicted. She just refused to testify (paid off) and the case was dismissed. The Cowboys, the NFL, TMZ, everyone knew. This is why I can't figure out why everyone is acting differently now.

I'm not talking about the Zoner dummies that like to pretend like things aren't real. These facts were all out there. You just had to read about all of her bruises, described in detail, instead of now seeing the actual bruises.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
For everybody that says Hardy should be fired.....

Why does anyone care what a player does off the field. I just don't get it

I don't give a flying fuck about what a player does when he's not on the field

As long as he shows up ready to play on Sunday's

As a manager I don't give two shits what my employees do in their free time away from work

And besides, Dallas has a long history of employing drug addicts and criminals. Some of the greatest Cowboys of all time and ones that are even on the ring of honor fall into that category

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
As a manager I don't give two shits what my employees do in their free time away from work

if your employee was posting racist shit on Facebook and there were picketers outside your place of business, you'd sure as hell dump him

Top Bottom