Reaction score
I don’t understand why people get so shocked by domestic violence photos. I have a good imagination so i can read that he threw her on a futon full of guns and know she got fucked up on her back.

The interesting part will be if sponsors start backing out. Jerry loves his sponsors more than anything.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
I don’t understand why people get so shocked by domestic violence photos. I have a good imagination so i can read that he threw her on a futon full of guns and know she got fucked up on her back.

a lot of Dallas fans think she's a liar. some of them are fat guys in Tucson.

boozeman

Draft Pick
Reaction score
a lot of Dallas fans think she's a liar.

This is a local thing for me and honestly, she's not exactly 100% credible. Doesn't make her a complete liar, nor does it exonerate Hardy.

I believe something went down, sure he slapped her around probably.

But I think it is far from what exactly it's being suddenly being painted as some brutal act foisted on this poor woman.

You mean to tell me that this is some shocking revelation, only because you now have pictures to gasp at?

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
This is a local thing for me and honestly, she's not exactly 100% credible. Doesn't make her a complete liar, nor does it exonerate Hardy.

I believe something went down, sure he slapped her around probably.

But I think it is far from what exactly it's being suddenly being painted as some brutal act foisted on this poor woman.

You mean to tell me that this is some shocking revelation, only because you now have pictures to gasp at?

well, a judge found her credible, and he was sailing towards a jury conviction before he bought her off. the pics are only "shocking" to those who thought she fabricated the whole thing. or maybe they think she ran into a door ...

boozeman

Draft Pick
Reaction score
well, a judge found her credible, and he was sailing towards a jury conviction before he bought her off. the pics are only "shocking" to those who thought she fabricated the whole thing. or maybe they think she ran into a door ...

"Sailing"? Hardly.

Like I said before. Locals here had a lot of doubt and it got real political.

I get the Walter Raleigh act, but honestly, you don't know what the eff you are talking about.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
"Sailing"? Hardly.

Like I said before. Locals here had a lot of doubt and it got real political.

I get the Walter Raleigh act, but honestly, you don't know what the eff you are talking about.

Why pay off the victim if you think you have a good chance of succeeding at trial? He had to know that once the jury got a look at those photos, it was over.

boozeman

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Why pay off the victim if you think you have a good chance of succeeding at trial? He had to know that once the jury got a look at those photos, it was over.

I have no doubt he paid her off.

But this former cocktail waitress was tracked on an Aspen ski trip, shopping in New York City and Atlanta, all during the time she was supposedly just impossible to find during the late stages of this case coming to a close.

But again, let's look at the reality.

I know if someone beat the ever living fuck out of me, I would not put a pricetag on it.

She did. She felt that hey, this is worth my pain.

Everyone championing her cause right now just simply is looking at the photos and failing to realize she made that choice.

If that makes me sound insensitive to the evils of domestic violence, so be it.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
as I said at DCC, she did women a disservice by accepting the payoff and letting Hardy roam free. that said, it's pretty clear he beat up a defenseless woman--something he could have avoided even if she instigated it.

Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I have no doubt he paid her off.

But this former cocktail waitress was tracked on an Aspen ski trip, shopping in New York City and Atlanta, all during the time she was supposedly just impossible to find during the late stages of this case coming to a close.

But again, let's look at the reality.

I know if someone beat the ever living fuck out of me, I would not put a pricetag on it.

She did. She felt that hey, this is worth my pain.

Everyone championing her cause right now just simply is looking at the photos and failing to realize she made that choice.

If that makes me sound insensitive to the evils of domestic violence, so be it.

That's an easy statement to make until a life changing amount of money is actually offered. The money he was risking by losing in a trial would probably be $40M or more just over the next 3 years, and his potential earnings after that would be a fraction of what they are now.

Someone beat the shit out of you 18 months ago. You've moved on and your options are to continue with the legal process or simply take an amount of money that will set you up for life. I can't blame her for settling.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Or, what if she really was scared he'd hurt her more if she went through with a trial? Maybe it wasn't all about the money.

I think we all knew she wasn't a Girl Scout herself. She sounds like a sleazy party chick. Doesn't make it okay to beat her up, though.

I really don't care if people say that right or wrong, he's served his time and he's going to play for someone so it might as well be us. What I can't believe is the rationalizing going on in places (CZ) that he's a victim, he was just protecting himself, she had it coming, etc. My god, do these people still wear their Cowboys jammies to bed or what?

Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
YR is apparently a forensics expert over there. Analyzing bruising patterns and shit.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Help me out here.

We all knew about this right? It was widely reported what happened. Why is there suddenly outrage now that we see the pictures?

I was listening to sports radio to and from recruiting tonight and the hosts were talking about the Cowboys releasing him and the NFL suspending him again? Why?

Seriously am I missing something?

I'm not excusing what he did. I think he's one hell of a defensive end but I'm also worried that plays and lives his life on the edge of doing something stupid. I just knew these things months ago before we signed him. So did everyone else. What gives?

Top Bottom