Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Texas played well and I thought they had a real chance. They could have really gone into the half with momentum but couldn't punch it in. That was huge....
I think it's a totally different game if Texas keeps its starting QB upright.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score

He was playing real well and I agree. Don't know what the prognosis is but I'd bet he separated his shoulder by the way he fell on it. It won't matter next year when Arch is in the house.....

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Saw Andrew Luck being interviewed during the Stanford game. He's a dork and a goof. Made the compulsory comment about 10 great women being inducted into the local HoF. It's like these tools have to make these comments to show how woke they.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I really ridiculed Texas and OU for joining the SEC and didn't think either could legitimately compete, but I might be wrong about Texas.

Sarkisian is a good coach and he pulled a major coup getting Gary Patterson on his staff. They completely outcoached Saban and his guys. Jimbo Idiot has completely shit the bed at A&M now and Texas is going to lap them in recruiting bigtime.

And it brings great joy to me to see a Saturday where Notre Dame embarrasses itself at home against a team they have no business playing anyway, and to top it off the hated Gators lose at home to and are officially becoming Kentucky's bitch. UF is turning into an also-ran in the SEC and that HC they hired appears to be a complete idiot.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
No question in my mind, they'd have won.

They'd have won anyway had that Ohio St transfer not blown the gimmee sack on final drive.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
No question in my mind, they'd have won.

They'd have won anyway had that Ohio St transfer not blown the gimmee sack on final drive.
It's one thing to call the perfect blitz at the perfect time, it's another for the player to successfully execute it. He got a little overzealous and over excited at the kill point and the reigning Heisman Trophy winner made him pay.

Another of the many "if only" plays of the game.
Sarkisian is a good coach and he pulled a major coup getting Gary Patterson on his staff. They completely outcoached Saban and his guys.
What we saw is an example of what happens when a coach gets player buy-in. Much the same roster, totally different team, totally different effort.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
In back to back weeks Nebraska has fired its head coach and defensive coordinator.

Once one of the great college football programs for several decades, they are now a true doormat.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Once one of the great college football programs for several decades, they are now a true doormat.

Its amazing isnt it?

I was thinking about this the other day and how great the rivalry was with OU, Notre Damn, The U. College football was so much more fun back then

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I think its pretty clear now after the way they started that game (AL) and then how they looked vs OU, if Ewers hadnt gotten hurt they'd have KO'd The Tide.

touchdown

Defense Wins Championships
Reaction score
Week 7 Network TV Games of Interest (CDT)

11AM
IOWA @ UT ABC
PENN ST @ MICH FOX

230PM
OK ST @ TCU ABC
ALA @ TENN CBS
WIS @ MICH ST FOX

6:30PM
CLEM @ FL ST ABC
STAN @ ND NBC

7:00PM USC @ UTAH FOX

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Alabama vs Tennessee was a great game. And that Tennessee QB (Hooker) has a little something to him. I like him.

Top Bottom