ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Am I the only one who thinks something is very wrong with the total lack of due process here? People are piling that last so-called incident where the police or the grand jury didn't think there was anything there on top of the switching. Why? So now the public vigilante crowd knows better than the local authorities involved who actually investigated the facts and who talked to the parties involved?

Are people even thinking through the ramifications of this herd mentality? It's become almost a sport for the national media to find or create new villains that we can ruin and all feel good about hating. This isn't a good development.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Am I the only one who thinks something is very wrong with the total lack of due process here?

on the other hand, teams are hiding behind the facade of "due process" to keep their star players on the field. if you're in the public eye, you don't always get to keep your job if you do something really rotten outside of work. If Joe Buck were accused of child molestation, he may not lose a paycheck, but he sure as hell wouldn't be on the air Sunday.

Reaction score
I don't see the Vikings as overly cowardly here.
1. Half the country thinks its no big deal
2. Peterson is a good guy and a terrible father. But He was Trying to be a dad. Not raping strippers
The panthers fucked up tho

jeebus

UDFA
Reaction score
If you can't use violence without lashing out and attempting to hurt someone? Why on earth would you want to do that?

It is not necessary. Ass whoopings do not work. All you do is scare and hurt the child. There is absolutely no reason it should come from your parents. Ever. I used to be a proud supported of the "spank." but I the parent of 2 children, 1 a special needs and the other a neurotypical,There is absolutely NOTHING that my children have done at anytime (and my oldest is 10 now) that I would have solved with any kind of violence. What the kid spilt some milk? Lets beat him. Oh, your teenager is talking to members of the opposite sex? Lets slap her. Oh, Your 8 year old talks too much? Lets whoop her ass and see if that helps. Really? Seriously? Are we so immature as a society that solving such a simple issue has to become something negative? There are better ways to solve problems. You beat up people you DONT like. Not the one's you do.
I am not going to argue with a child. I can explain and discuss, but I dot argue and I don't repeat myself 3 times. No, none of the things you mentioned should result in a spanking, but willful defiance should be met with swift punishment. I am supposed to argue, threaten, or beg? Fuck that, they are children, beat them and move on.

Reaction score
Am I the only one who thinks something is very wrong with the total lack of due process here? People are piling that last so-called incident where the police or the grand jury didn't think there was anything there on top of the switching. Why? So now the public vigilante crowd knows better than the local authorities involved who actually investigated the facts and who talked to the parties involved?

Are people even thinking through the ramifications of this herd mentality? It's become almost a sport for the national media to find or create new villains that we can ruin and all feel good about hating. This isn't a good development.
Nope, you're not the only one.

I find it sickening that Greg Hardy has been convicted by a court of assault family violence and hasn't been suspended yet. Rice at least accepted a plea deal before he was suspended. Now that all that shitstorm has happened and sort of run its course, Peterson is CHARGED with one offense and he's suspended indefinitely, placed on the exempt list, whatever. But Hardy still isn't suspended?

The commissioner's office reminds me of Jerry Jones. He's far too reactionary and emotional. He has no semblance of consistency in levying punishment. There appears to be no rhyme or reason as to why he does what he does other than, "I don't want the masses to bash me."

Reaction score
on the other hand, teams are hiding behind the facade of "due process" to keep their star players on the field.
Who did that? And what's the facade? Refusing to rush to judgment before you know the whole story?

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
The commissioner's office reminds me of Jerry Jones. He's far too reactionary and emotional. He has no semblance of consistency in levying punishment. There appears to be no rhyme or reason as to why he does what he does other than, "I don't want the masses to bash me."
Yep and it begs the question - why doesn't he just stay out of it, delegate this shit to his massive legal department.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Who did that?

The Vikings (until today) and the Panthers.

And what's the facade? Refusing to rush to judgment before you know the whole story?

The fact that they needn't wait for those cases to wind their way through the courts before suspending a player. They are not beholden to those courts.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Yep and it begs the question - why doesn't he just stay out of it, delegate this shit to his massive legal department.

because if you just look the other way, you lose sponsors and encourage massive protests from interest groups

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
because if you just look the other way, you lose sponsors and encourage massive protests from interest groups
He has a army of PR people and legal people. He has to be the front man?

Delegating isn't looking the other way.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
He has a army of PR people and legal people. He has to be the front man?

Delegating isn't looking the other way.

Yes, he does. He's the commish for God's sake. You can't just run away like a coward. Time to earn that $40M per year.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
You can't just run away like a coward.
Delegating to the people and departments who specialize in this shit isn't "running away." It's managing.

Bet'cha they pay the collective people in those departments more than they pay Goodell.

He looks like the clueless, feckless imbecile most of us always said he was.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Delegating to the people and departments who specialize in this shit isn't "running away." It's managing.

Bet'cha they pay the collective people in those departments more than they pay Goodell.

He looks like the clueless, feckless imbecile most of us always said he was.

because a lowly PR flack isn't the one who went easy on Rice and Hardy. we want to hear it straight from the horse's mouth. a good press secretary didn't save Nixon from Watergate.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
because a lowly PR flack isn't the one who went easy on Rice and Hardy. we want to hear it straight from the horse's mouth. a good press secretary didn't save Nixon from Watergate.
There was a day when the teams would handle these things and that was it. Goodell owns this now, and everything to come.

And it's not like he's ever been some tower of courage anyway.

Top Bottom