boozeman

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Maybe he can play for Jerry in two years after he gets out of prison. He could be our offensive version of Josh Brent.

Reaction score
How about we remove the gray area and just don't beat the shit out of kids at all?

If its too hard to raise them without hitting their balls with a stick then don't have kids.

Reaction score
Wait who says I can't discipline my Gf?? How else is she supposed to learn?
I did get 3 bj's and 2 hj's this weekend but still.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Beating a child is just lazy parenting
I never employed corporal punishment, although it was regularly employed on me. Not for that reason, it just didn't seem productive - I wanted to actually have a impact and get things done. Behavior modification, discipline, respect for authority, all of that I believe is undermined if using essentially, torture to achieve the ends.

Make them play chess with you - THAT gets their fucking attention.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Another of Adrian's Baby Mommas comes forward, says Adrian disfigured their son's face.

Adrian Peterson of Minnesota Vikings facing second child-abuse accusation - ESPN

Adrian Peterson, already facing felony charges in Texas for child abuse, was accused in a separate incident involving another son who was 4 years old, KHOU-TV in Houston has reported.

They're allegations the Minnesota Vikings running back's lawyer says were unfounded and more than a year old.

The CBS affiliate KHOU cited text messages that reportedly include a photo of the son with an apparent head wound covered by bandages.

The Houston TV station reported the mother of the 4-year-old -- from a different mother than the child he stands charged with abusing -- filed a report with Child Protective Services but no charges were brought.

Peterson attorney Rusty Hardin said in a statement that the accusation was more than a year old and that "authorities took no action."

"An adult witness admittedly insists Adrian did nothing inappropriate with his son," Hardin said in the statement to media.

The Vikings released a statement Monday night, saying they would "defer any further questions" from the media regarding the accusations to Hardin.

"As part of the information we have gathered throughout this process, we were made aware of an allegation from 2013 in which authorities took no action against Adrian," the Vikings said in the news release.

The reported text exchange was as follows, according to KHOU-TV:

Mother: "What happened to his head?"

Peterson: "Hit his head on the Carseat."

Mother: "How does that happen, he got a whoopin in the car."

Peterson: "Yep."

Mother: "Why?"

Peterson: "I felt so bad. But he did it his self."

According to the report, Peterson then goes on to say he was disciplining his son for cursing at a sibling, though how specifically the child was wounded wasn't made clear.

Mother: "What did you hit him with?"

Peterson never directly answered, the report said, but later replied: "Be still n take ya whooping he would have saved the scare (scar). He aight (all right)."

jeebus

UDFA
Reaction score
Spare the rod spoil the child.

Frankly, I think as a parent you have to set aside your own personal feelings and do what's best for the child. You can't let your squeamishness socially ****** the child.

Is it possible to raise a dog without swatting it? Yea but why would you ever put the poor thing behind the eight all like that?

Reaction score
Beating a child in any form shows a lack of character and control. Beating your girlfriend and mother do as well. I'm pretty peaceful when it comes down to it, and positively expressing aggression (through aggressive sports like football, roller derby, hockey, and boxing) are good ways to harness and control that aggression so that people can move foreward and grow as a human being, rather than lashing out much like a teenager would. Muffukas need to grow up and take on some real responsibility. Then see how important it is to beat a child/woman for not being robots.

jeebus

UDFA
Reaction score
Comparing discplining a child to lashing out like a teenager makes me questions persons parenting fitness. If you can't use violence without lashing out and attempting to hurt someone you have a problem.

There is a reason people say, " this is going to hurt me more than you", saving yourself from that pain is just selfish and weak.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
If you can't use violence without lashing out and attempting to hurt someone you have a problem.
Such as, trying to and accomplishing, hitting a four year old in the scrotum with a switch? Yeah. That's Adrian.

jeebus

UDFA
Reaction score
Such as, trying to and accomplishing, hitting a four year old in the scrotum with a switch? Yeah. That's Adrian.

Adrian went overboard. More than I am comfortable with, but abuse? I mean he said he didn't mean to hit him in the scrotum...

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
A couple of swats on the butt with a belt or a paddle is punishment and can be construed as dispassionate. Might even be instructive.

Repeated whacks with a switch to where we are drawing blood is abuse, is anger, and is assault.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I don't remember that. Thought he said he accidentally got him there.
Text messages are linked in the thread...

These pro football tuffguys have to prove how tuff they are by beating up their moms, their wives/baby mommas, and their 4 year-olds.

Top Bottom