Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
All he said was, "Got him in nuts once I noticed." That means he did it on purpose?
He also said, "I got kinda good wit the tail end of the switch." Meaning to me, he hit his intended target.

The facts of the case: He pulled the kids pants off, put leaves in his mouth, and started wailing away. Why do you need the pants off if you're not trying to hit reproductive areas?

According to police reports, the child, however, had a slightly different story, telling authorities that “Daddy Peterson hit me on my face.” The child also expressed worry that Peterson would punch him in the face if the child reported the incident to authorities. He also said that he had been hit by a belt and that “there are a lot of belts in Daddy’s closet.” He added that Peterson put leaves in his mouth when he was being hit with the switch while his pants were down. The child told his mother that Peterson “likes belts and switches” and “has a whooping room.”
LINK

So look, let's just stop trying to defend this fucking animal.

Reaction score
He also said, "I got kinda good wit the tail end of the switch." Meaning to me, he hit his intended target.

The facts of the case: He pulled the kids pants off, put leaves in his mouth, and started wailing away. Why do you need the pants off if you're not trying to hit reproductive areas?

LINK

So look, let's just stop trying to defend this fucking animal.
Refusing to take an extreme stance that you should never spank a child is not defending Peterson. If he crossed the line, he crossed the line, and should face the consequences. But let's not pretend that any form of physical discipline is crossing the line. I was spanked on a bare butt when I was a kid, and there's definitely a purpose behind it besides torture or hitting reproductive areas. The butt's not a reproductive area.

Now, can a stray belt hit a place on the body that wasn't intended? Yep. And can a belt spanking cross the line over into child abuse? Yep. If the facts that have been coming out here are true, I suspect he will be punished in some manner.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Refusing to take an extreme stance that you should never spank a child is not defending Peterson. If he crossed the line, he crossed the line, and should face the consequences. But let's not pretend that any form of physical discipline is crossing the line. I was spanked on a bare butt when I was a kid, and there's definitely a purpose behind it besides torture or hitting reproductive areas. The butt's not a reproductive area.

Now, can a stray belt hit a place on the body that wasn't intended? Yep. And can a belt spanking cross the line over into child abuse? Yep. If the facts that have been coming out here are true, I suspect he will be punished in some manner.
Agreed on all of the above... I'm not one who thinks there should be NO corporal punishment though.

I never got the bare butt treatment. Got alot of clothed butt treatment though. I do take slight exception to the bare butt spankings - what's the point? And with a switch?

"Defending Peterson" was a unwise choice of words, since if one isn't aware of some of the facts of the case that doesn't mean one is "defending" anything.

Reaction score
Comparing discplining a child to lashing out like a teenager makes me questions persons parenting fitness. If you can't use violence without lashing out and attempting to hurt someone you have a problem.

There is a reason people say, " this is going to hurt me more than you", saving yourself from that pain is just selfish and weak.

If you can't use violence without lashing out and attempting to hurt someone? Why on earth would you want to do that?

It is not necessary. Ass whoopings do not work. All you do is scare and hurt the child. There is absolutely no reason it should come from your parents. Ever. I used to be a proud supported of the "spank." but I the parent of 2 children, 1 a special needs and the other a neurotypical,There is absolutely NOTHING that my children have done at anytime (and my oldest is 10 now) that I would have solved with any kind of violence. What the kid spilt some milk? Lets beat him. Oh, your teenager is talking to members of the opposite sex? Lets slap her. Oh, Your 8 year old talks too much? Lets whoop her ass and see if that helps. Really? Seriously? Are we so immature as a society that solving such a simple issue has to become something negative? There are better ways to solve problems. You beat up people you DONT like. Not the one's you do.

Reaction score
I never thought of using a tree branch before. I used it the other day and you know what, it really works! Thanks AD!

Top Bottom