theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Ha! How many times have we seen this scenario pop up then see the team promptly shit the bed?

I'll take Detroit, Dak starts but looks mediocre and the defense regresses in a game where the team looks flat from the get-go
Believe me I am by no means guaranteeing any kind of outcome for the Cowboys. Nothing would surprise me at all. I will however guarantee at least one turn over for Goff. He is a turnover machine.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Seems like a lot to give up for a talented, but very brittle RB.
69ers going all in like the Rams did last year. I do agree McCaffrey spends too many games inactive for my taste but basically their draft was already fucked when they gave three number one picks for a QB who looks more likely to bust than not.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
The statistically worst defense in the entire league is going to hold us to only 9 points?

That would be quite the feat on their part. I think they are giving up an average of 28 points per game so far this season.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
The statistically worst defense in the entire league is going to hold us to only 9 points?
No. Our coaching is gonna hold us to 9 points.

Would you like it better if I made it 39-28?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
69ers going all in like the Rams did last year. I do agree McCaffrey spends too many games inactive for my taste but basically their draft was already fucked when they gave three number one picks for a QB who looks more likely to bust than not.
That's what saved their season, the injury to the vastly overrated and over-drafted QB

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

Trade deadline is Tuesday 11/1

I'm not sure who/what they could reasonably trade for that would vastly help the team. In 2018 they desperately needed a WR and traded for Cooper, but they don't "desperately" need a WR at this point.

A really, really good DT would be a nice add but where are they going to get one of those for something fairly reasonable?

Chicago will apparently consider dealing star LB Roquan Smith and he'd be a great addition to our defense, but you also have to re-sign him and he wants a mega contract.

The only other position that makes sense (to me) would be if they got a proven starting LG.

Trading Dalton Schultz, if it could be part of a deal for someone like mentioned above, or a decent draft pick/s should also be a consideration. Ferguson needs to be on the field more as he is clearly a superior run blocker to Schultz, and the receiving skills of Ferguson & Hendershot are not that different from what Schultz can do.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
This is the one part of the defense that hasn't came through yet. We're not getting the turnovers we got last year.

Currently we are tied for 18th in the league in turnovers forced and we're 9th in +/- ration at +2. We've currently forced just 7 for the season and that puts us on pace for just under 20 for the season.

For comparison, last yr we ranked 1st in total turnovers with 34 and 1st in turnover ratio at +14

Our current defense does lead the league in sacks and ranks near the top in opposing QB rating, so hopefully that leads to more turnovers the remainder of the year.

Top Bottom