Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
You're talking to the ONLY cat here and probably anywhere else who said don't pay Dak, don't get married long term. Let him test the market. So it's safe to say I wasn't inferring anything about him being anywhere near the level of our previous long term starters.

Stating you wanted Dak to test the market has nothing to do with whether or not he's the "one." I'm one of the few on here that has pointed this out for years. I don't think Dak is the guy. Could I be wrong? I sure hope so. Now if you tell me from what you've seen so far that Dak isn't the "one" to lead this team to the SB because he lacks arm talent and the ability to read defenses (or anything else for that matter), then that will put your post in better context. But you haven't and you won't. So I'm left to assume and conclude that you think Dak is on that caliber of QB's you included him with.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Stating you wanted Dak to test the market has nothing to do with whether or not he's the "one
It has everything to do with it. The mindless drones here and elsewhere called me nuts, were saying he IS the one. I was the lone voice in the wilderness. Actually said, if we pay him huge we won't be able to build the team around him he'll need.

We see now, nothing's happened. No playoff success and no championships. I don't blame Dak squarely, he's just a symptom of the long-term problem.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
It has everything to do with it. The mindless drones here and elsewhere called me nuts, were saying he IS the one. I was the lone voice in the wilderness. Actually said, if we pay him huge we won't be able to build the team around him he'll need.

We see now, nothing's happened. No playoff success and no championships. I don't blame Dak squarely, he's just a symptom of the long-term problem.

You were late to this party. I've been on that train for a long haul........and not sure why you're expecting sucess after Dak was paid when there wasn't sucess before he got his contract. In any event, we agree on this point.

daboyz

👀
Reaction score
Texans defense without EITHER starting Cornerback was credited for an incredible 11 (yes ELEVEN) passes defensed. This kind of performance without EITHER starting CB has to be unprecented.

Another tribute to just how bad the 40 mil per yr QB was for us.
Lovie begs to differ. Imagine what the great Brady feels like getting blown away by a 3rd stringer young enough to be his grandson. It wasn't Purdy. 🤣

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I'm not the one defending my post and being sensitive about what I posted. It's just me and David responding to you. Stop being sensitive.
You're the snowflake wanting a post changed because it offends your sensibilities. I have been explaining it, not defending it. It stands as is. Intellectually honest people have no issue with it.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
You were late to this party. I've been on that train for a long haul........and not sure why you're expecting sucess
Not late to the party nor ever expecting success. Every year I have been predicting mediocrity. Are you getting Alzheimer's?

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
When does a win feel like a loss? Yesterday was a shit show despite the result. Defense gave up almost 50% on 3rd downs yesterday. What happens when they play a good team? What happens when they play J Ville next week?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Here's my problem with your posts and posts like it. We're lamenting the loss of X player(s) on O and X player(s) on D. Point taken. But our SB hopes shouldn't hang on losing anyone other than your QB....IF he's the guy. If the Chiefs lost Mahomes, they're done. If the Bills lost Allen, they're done. If the Eagles lose Hurts, they're done. Anytime your franchise QB stays intact, you should still have a shot. Unfortunately, with Mr. Mic Drop, we need all the pieces around him to be perfect.

Not saying we can't do it, but it would take some other worldly transformation of the franchise where they can actually play 60 mins of solid football for several games in a row, and they haven't shown any ability to do that.

Missing Steele is not what is going to cost them a chance at the Super Bowl.

They should be better than this on a more consistent basis. We've seen glimpses of it but for whatever reason they cannot duplicate it to save their life.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

The Lions are playing really well right now. Dan Campbell has them going in the right direction for sure.

It'll be a longshot for them to get in, but if they do it'll be as the 7th seed and they'd end up playing Minnesota or Dan Fran. They will not be an easy out at all.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Lovie begs to differ. Imagine what the great Brady feels like getting blown away by a 3rd stringer young enough to be his grandson. It wasn't Purdy. 🤣

Lovie will be out of football in a few weeks as fyi

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Not sure how much he can help, will be interesting to see how they have the game day rosters set now.

Lamb, Gallup and Brown have to be active. Turpin has been active every week and is the primary punt and kick returner, but after a blow it up preseason and training camp he had been pretty average most of the year and had that awful fumble Sunday. He also gives you nothing as a regular WR. They just activated James Washington (who does nothing for special teams) and showed nothing during the game vs Houston. Now they add Hilton.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah ok Danny.

Never mind you guys playing like garbage vs GB, most of NY game, most of Colts game and then this flop vs the worst team and worst offense in football Sunday. 0 sacks, 1 QB knockdown.

Top Bottom