Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
He did, and nobody will say much about it because the guys the greatest postseason QB in the history of the game.

He's also ancient.
The POINT was and is. EVERY STARTING QUARTERBACK HAS HORRID GAMES.

This says nothing about their relative skill or accomplishments.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
This team is too inconsistent to advance in the playoffs. More than likely will be one and done. Dak Prescott will not lead this team to a super bowl. Kellen Moore still calls bone headed plays at the most in opportune times. The only chance we have is for McCarthy to either completely take play calling away from Moore or start taking a more active role especially when pass plays are called at the two yard line when you have a first and goal. This is not rocket science. Pollard averages around five yards a carry. If you can’t get two yards in four plays to score a touchdown you deserve to lose. For the love of god do not let Prescott throw the ball under these circumstances. He is horrible. He could not hit the broad side of a barn standing five feet away. The only way we stand any chance of advancement is by running the football and playing aggressively on defense. If we have to rely on Dak we are screwed. Must also start the games fast and put opponents away early. These slow starts will kill us.

Dak does not have to be perfect just more consistent.
Daks untimely mistakes and Moore’s poor playing calling at critical times during the game it will be tough to advance in the playoffs. I know the offense is rated near the top…. I really don’t care. They don’t pass the eye test.

Someone here gets "it." When the running game is clicking and the D gives the O the ball back, this team cruises. Nowhere in that formula is the franchise QB carrying the team. He's a one read QB. When he has to go to his second read or further, he gets happy feat and usually checks down.

When I watch these games, it's not just about the win. It's how we stack up against other conference teams in the playoffs. The NFC is wide open and there are no true franchise carrying QB's. This is our shot to make it to the SB. I don't think we'd win, but this is the year to get there. But I have my doubts that Dak can do it consistently enough in the playoffs to get us there.

And people sleeping on the Eagles are sadly mistaken. The only thing that will derail them is an injury to Hurts. He's not built for a long NFL career but the Eagles are going to run him until the wheels fall off. If we play them in the playoffs, it'll be our D that carries the team to victory and while that's been done, it's not a sustainable formula for success.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
If we play them in the playoffs, it'll be our D that carries the team to victory and while that's been done, it's not a sustainable formula for success.
I got news for you, this defense isn't carrying anything anywhere.

The pass rush has completely disappeared and a bunch of nobody WR's are consistently getting open on us.

The game we had against Minnesota is looking like a major fluke at this point.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Hey Dooms, guess who's 2-0 since they got rid of all that arm talent Baker Mayfield had for them.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Every QB has bad days. It's always been true. Somehow it was ok for Roger, Danny, Troy and Romo to have really horrid days, but Dak has to be perfect.

He seemed to do pretty well on that last, game winning drive

He doesn't have to be perfect and it's OK to give him kudos for the last drive while understanding what he is. And you know darn well our SB winning QB's played some of their best in the playoffs. Dak isn't a rookie. This is what now....year 7?

We may not get another shot like this in the near future. An opportunistic D....a decent OL,....a two headed monster at RB....multiple DL that can get to the QB. After this year, decisions need to be made in FA and since we already know Dak can't carry the team, we have to hit on our draft picks to re-stock our FA losses.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The POINT was and is. EVERY STARTING QUARTERBACK HAS HORRID GAMES.

This says nothing about their relative skill or accomplishments.

Then why not say Russell Wilson had a bad game....or Danny Jones.......or Wentz.....when you include Dak in a post which includes HoF QB's, you're inferring that he can do what they did after a bad game. It's not a stretch to understand your reference.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Dbair and Mustang1 dropping some truth bombs today.....well done gentlemen.

Waiting for Da Putz to post some more mic drop Tweets while he slobbers all over Dak and just excuses his inconsistent play.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
We may not get another shot like this in the near future. An opportunistic D....a decent OL,....a two headed monster at RB....multiple DL that can get to the QB. After this year, decisions need to be made in FA and since we already know Dak can't carry the team, we have to hit on our draft picks to re-stock our FA losses.
As I mentioned last week, I'm not sure that the defense is all that "opportunistic" anymore. Essentially half the turnovers the team has gotten have come in the 2nd half of one game and the 4th quarter of another.

The OL is going to take a hit. Steele is a significant loss and the run game is going to suffer some because of it. It'll be a double whammy to the run game if Ferguson is also gone, as he is by far the best blocking TE we have. Not having those two on the field yesterday definitely hurt the run game.

Lastly, one of our DL got hurt and is now in a walking boot and the others have not gotten to the QB with any regularity in weeks. They got after Cousins pretty good but that game is now looking like a major fluke to me. Rodgers had all day to throw on us, they didnt really get to Jones that much on Thanksgiving and they were missing THREE starting OL. Ryan had all day to throw against us last Sunday night and he was among the most sacked and knocked down QB in the league. Then there's yesterday's debacle, in which our supposed "Doomsday IV" defense managed zero sacks and one damn QB knockdown for 60 minutes of football.

We're a complete fraud.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
This is so bad I felt compelled to repost it.

Again, THIS is what's wrong with this fucktard franchise. THIS mentality, and it comes from the top and has for 25+ years now. Notice yesterday during the game (at least in the parts we could see) that NOBODY got mad? Not a single player or coach was seen getting after someone for this garbage. One of my friends was at the game with some of his clients and noticed the same thing, that despite playing as shitty as you could possibly play against what amounted to a SCAB football team on the other side, there was no one upset. The only thing they did the entire game to address someone sucking dick was to remove Josh Ball for the final drive.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
here is a fun game to play while watching the next cowboys game

cowboys go 3-and-out...take a shot
dak turnover...take a shot
dak overthrows a receiver...take a shot
any DAL penalty...take a shot

by halftime, you won't be worried about the game anymore because you'll have alcohol poisoning!

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I just heard that this is the first time that we have had 2 back to back 10 win seasons since we won the super bowl.

That’s pretty sad and speaks to our consistent inconsistency for the last 3 decades regardless of who is coaching the team.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
As I mentioned last week, I'm not sure that the defense is all that "opportunistic" anymore. Essentially half the turnovers the team has gotten have come in the 2nd half of one game and the 4th quarter of another.

The OL is going to take a hit. Steele is a significant loss and the run game is going to suffer some because of it. It'll be a double whammy to the run game if Ferguson is also gone, as he is by far the best blocking TE we have. Not having those two on the field yesterday definitely hurt the run game.

Lastly, one of our DL got hurt and is now in a walking boot and the others have not gotten to the QB with any regularity in weeks. They got after Cousins pretty good but that game is now looking like a major fluke to me. Rodgers had all day to throw on us, they didnt really get to Jones that much on Thanksgiving and they were missing THREE starting OL. Ryan had all day to throw against us last Sunday night and he was among the most sacked and knocked down QB in the league. Then there's yesterday's debacle, in which our supposed "Doomsday IV" defense managed zero sacks and one damn QB knockdown for 60 minutes of football.

We're a complete fraud.

Here's my problem with your posts and posts like it. We're lamenting the loss of X player(s) on O and X player(s) on D. Point taken. But our SB hopes shouldn't hang on losing anyone other than your QB....IF he's the guy. If the Chiefs lost Mahomes, they're done. If the Bills lost Allen, they're done. If the Eagles lose Hurts, they're done. Anytime your franchise QB stays intact, you should still have a shot. Unfortunately, with Mr. Mic Drop, we need all the pieces around him to be perfect.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Then why not say Russell Wilson had a bad game....or Danny Jones.......or Wentz.....when you include Dak in a post which includes HoF QB's, you're inferring that he can do what they did after a bad game. It's not a stretch to understand your reference.
If you're not honest about the context, sure. Maybe if you re-read the post in question paying attention to what it actually says.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
It's not a stretch to understand your reference.
You're talking to the ONLY cat here and probably anywhere else who said don't pay Dak, don't get married long term. Let him test the market. So it's safe to say I wasn't inferring anything about him being anywhere near the level of our previous long term starters.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
If you're not honest about the context, sure. Maybe if you re-read the post in question paying attention to what it actually says.

Maybe you should reword the post and not include HoF QB's in the same sentence.

Top Bottom