dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
When we get away from the run we have games like we did today and like we did against the Packers

When we stick with the run we have games like we played against the Vikings

Run the fucking ball you Morons!
I guess you forgot about all those 1st and 2nd down rushes for no yards or worse, tackles for loss.

I mean, they also tried to cram it into the endzone with run after run after Diggs' fumble recovery and got stoned.

The run game got considerably worse once Steele and Ferguson got hurt. Ball was a complete disaster at RT, so much show that on a complete whim the team sent in 40-something yr old Jason Peters to play a spot he hasnt lined up at in 15+ years to help save a game.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
We can not string 2 consecutive good games together to save our lives. This is why we are consistently 1 and done in the playoffs

We played like shit this week. Which means that we will play good next week, then shit the bed the following week against Philly when it matters most.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
They had 55 yards rushing on the opening drive (5 carries) and the rest of the game had a total of 72 yds on 26 carries.

They didn't get away from it, they just weren't productive at it.

If you take away the last drive (when they HAD to throw) the run/pass balance was basically 50/50, so not sure what you are complaining about.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
We can not string 2 consecutive good games together to save our lives. This is why we are consistently 1 and done in the playoffs

We played like shit this week. Which means that we will play good next week, then shit the bed the following week against Philly when it matters most.
I don't think they'll play good next week.

Jacksonville is much better than either Indy or Houston and certainly has a FAR better QB.

In fact I am sort of thinking we will lose out. The only game they might win is at Tennessee because the Titans are also lousy. Jacksonville actually has a fair chance of catching them for the AFC South title now.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Ball is not an NFL starting tackle. He is terrible and in my opinion should not have made the team. We will be in deeper trouble if he starts and plays any extended snaps at tackle. We have to play our best five linemen regardless of position and Ball ain’t a top five.
I think its pretty clear his playing days are done here, barring other injuries.

They'll probably get Peters ready to play RT next week and either call someone else up from the PS or maybe sign another veteran OT. Ball could end up being cut.

He was THAT bad today.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Tua and the Dolphins have the #1 passing offense rating against both the zone and vs man coverage. And tonight they can't do shit against a patchwork Charger secondary that's all backups.

Every QB has bad days. It's always been true. Somehow it was ok for Roger, Danny, Troy and Romo to have really horrid days, but Dak has to be perfect.

He seemed to do pretty well on that last, game winning drive
Please ban yourself for mentioning Prescott with Troy and Roger. He has NOTHING in common with them talent-wise.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Amen to that my friend!
8 of the 39 pass attempts were on the final drive (when they had to pass) They never really got away from running it, they just weren't very good at it after the first drive.

Losing Steele and Ferguson definitely had a big impact.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Dak does not have to be perfect just more consistent. He has demonstrated over and over to make bad decisions throwing the ball to the opponent. Kind of like Romo. Roger and Troy are in entirely different category as they exuded confidence and backed it up with consistent championship play. Fans like you and I believed in those QBs all the way. We new they had ”it.” I personally believe Dak to be a good guy and a good leader. From what I have seen over the last seven years is that he is consistently inconsistent. IMO I do not believe he is capable of delivering a championship. That goes for Kellen Moore as well. Between Daks untimely mistakes and Moore’s poor playing calling at critical times during the game it will be tough to advance in the playoffs. I know the offense is rated near the top…. I really don’t care. They don’t pass the eye test. I pray that I am wrong.
I think people probably need to layoff constantly complaining about the play-calling. Prescott audibles a ton, you have no idea how many run calls he changes to passes (ala Romo).

I don't like the gimmick play calls or all the zero yard waste of time pass routes, we also cant execute a screen pass to save our lives so I am not sure why he continues to call those. The 4th and 1 call I hated the formation alignment but after running it 9 straight times, a play-action pass call where Prescott could have had an easy TD or at least roll out and pass or run seems like a smart call there. Who knows, maybe it was the call and Prescott might have changed it there too.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
This says we are good, but with what we saw for 3 quarters last week and all 4 quarters today, it isnt believable.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Who said he did?
Well you kinda inferred it.

Staubach and Aikman (and even Danny White) all were clutch QB's who won postseason games too. They had skins on the wall that Prescott doesn't have. It's easier to forgive them for a bad game here or there.

Prescott is a complete enigma. He can be brilliant at times and in others (even within the same game) he can look like a total scrub.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Well you kinda inferred it
Not kinda and not at all or in any way.

Dallas starting quarterbacks who had terrible days. Says nothing about their relative skill. Unless you're just a fucking idiot.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Not kinda and not at all or in any way.

Dallas starting quarterbacks who had terrible days. Says nothing about their relative skill. Unless you're just a fucking idiot.
Then it was a stupid post Dooms.

Again, those other guys have/had skins on the wall. All Prescott has is a career of mediocrity, like the guy he replaced.

If Prescott had more than 1 postseason win, there wouldn't be much complaining when he shits the bed like he did today, or did vs Tampa and has parts of almost all other games when he makes mind boggling bad decisions or throws you just cant explain.

Right now Prescott is an enigma at best, at worst he is teetering on that "C K" term.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Again, those other guys have/had skins on the wall. All Prescott has is a career of mediocrity, like the guy he replaced.
That's got nothing to do with what I was talking about. You're just addled.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Tom Brady had a horrid day today too. Am I comparing him to Dak? Get real.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
You're just addled.
I'm pissed off after seeing these kinds of games continue to happen.

There's just no excuse for it. I didn't need them to win 45-0, but today was as horrendous display of football as we could see and they should have (and deserved to) lost this game.

Top Bottom