icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
You are reposting my stuff Icup, consider yourself warned.

This is a major offence here at the DCU and we take this kind of stuff very serious. I was tempted to post this in big red block letters just to show you how much we mean business about this, but I let that slide this time.
please daddy ban me ive been a bad boy

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
They had plenty of time to do that BEFORE he kicked the first one. McCarthy even called TO and gave them MORE time to decide.

It was a bullshit move.
We don't know what went on but we DO know it was NY. Did they have trouble getting through? They pocket page the umpire. It was bizarre but to suggest it was deliberate is a stretch.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
We don't know what went on but we DO know it was NY. Did they have trouble getting through? They pocket page the umpire. It was bizarre but to suggest it was deliberate is a stretch.
It was either painful incompetence or pretty damn shady.

They are supposedly there watching every game in real time, there's no excuse for it to take that long if they were going to buzz in.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Double covered and could only get one hand on it. Bad Dak!
Romo said he thought Schultz should have caught it too.

I initially thought it was a bad decision too. I'd still like to see the replay again though as it did appear there was a guy underneath short of the goal line (couldn't tell who) that was not covered.

We scored 40 pts though, so hard for me to find much of anything to be disappointed in.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
It was either painful incompetence or pretty damn shady.

They are supposedly there watching every game in real time, there's no excuse for it to take that long if they were going to buzz in.
They're not there. They're in NY. Last 2 minutes of each half, only NY can review.

We don't know whether there was a tech issue with communication. But I agree with anyone who says it needs to be explained because it was way out of order.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Romo said he thought Schultz should have caught it too.

I initially thought it was a bad decision too. I'd still like to see the replay again though as it did appear there was a guy underneath short of the goal line (couldn't tell who) that was not covered.

We scored 40 pts though, so hard for me to find much of anything to be disappointed in.
On this play there was blatant PI the refs missed. The defender had ahold of Shultz's other arm.

We beat the double coverage and the pass was perfect.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
They're not there. They're in NY. Last 2 minutes of each half, only NY can review.

We don't know whether there was a tech issue with communication. But I agree with anyone who says it needs to be explained because it was way out of order.
I know where they are, and they supposedly monitor every game in real time from NY.

So far, I have not seen any official explanation. Maybe McCarthy will address it if he meets with the media today, but he was clearly pissed yesterday and didn't like the refs explanation at the time it happened.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I know where they are, and they supposedly monitor every game in real time from NY.

So far, I have not seen any official explanation. Maybe McCarthy will address it if he meets with the media today, but he was clearly pissed yesterday and didn't like the refs explanation at the time it happened.
They do need to explain it. It's never happened before to my knowledge.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Don't pay Pollard. You can find guys like him anywhere, and they did.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Don't pay Pollard. You can find guys like him anywhere, and they did.
I'd like to see us hold onto him 1 more yr but I wouldn't sign him to a mega long term deal like they did with Zeke to do it.

He's really good, but not sure how he'd hold up for 17 games if he was THE guy every week and got 20-25 touches every game.

If they have the cap space, maybe franchising him for 1 yr and then letting him walk isn't a bad idea.

That said you are right, RB is too easy to find most years. I also like our 3rd guy now and think he may end up being a nice player.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Seems smart to hold him out another week, plus we get a few extra days because our next game is Sunday night.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
mofo inexplicably got hurt during a walk-thru. he's not filling me with confidence.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
mofo inexplicably got hurt during a walk-thru. he's not filling me with confidence.
I think the young guy Clark is pretty close to him already as a player, and might e better. He's certainly faster and has far more range at this point.

Top Bottom