Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
My sudden urge to get healthy was thrust upon me without my consent.

But strangely enough I’m glad it was. I’m healthier now than I ever was when I was half my age.
When it said 293 and I said dude, you cant let yourself get to 300; the future is going to be rough if you don't get your shit together. So I hired a trainer and just started. I cant believe that was 274 days (& 50 lbs) ago.
It's weird we all got "scared straight" health wise, around the same time and did our own research and licked it with plans of our own formulation and all three plans worked spectacularly.

I feel like I'm dealing with a bunch of quitters...............

cml750

Facepalm
Reaction score
That's a "getting your ass kicked" risk weight. I like being 270.
I was in the 270-275 range. I am down to 215 now. I have lost it by walking a LOT every single day (now 17,000 steps 365 days a year). I have not dieted other than I try not to eat after 6 PM.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
That's a "getting your ass kicked" risk weight. I like being 270.
But I can play football again, still have my rocket arm. 20-ish year old kids gather at the park every saturday for pickup games that been going on there for over 40 years. Generational, there's some of them whose dad I played with/against back in the 90s!

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
But I can play football again, still have my rocket arm. 20-ish year old kids gather at the park every saturday for pickup games that been going on there for over 40 years. Generational, there's some of them whose dad I played with/against back in the 90s!
Impressive. Not that I have any clue what your rocket arm has anything to do with your weight. I hope the kids don't bully the old fragile skinny man......

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Impressive. Not that I have any clue what your rocket arm has anything to do with your weight. I hope the kids don't bully the old fragile skinny man......
If you can't run you don't get picked to play. It's tackle football, no pads. For years I wasn't even showing up.

Not sure that 6ft 190 is skinny. I'm pretty well built/muscled. Getting moreso now that I'm active again. The massive heart attack I had back in 2016 knocked me down a few pegs. I'm back.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Hospitals are not overwhelmed by Covid-19. Hospitals are overwhelmed by staffing shortages and are now competing with each other for nurses and other staff. The government has fucked with the delicate balance of business and economics and there are worker shortages in all industries. In my area, nurses working 60 hour work weeks are going home with paychecks of almost $17,000 gross every 2 weeks. The aides that were making $15.00 an hour are now making $50.00 an hour. And it's only going to get worse.

And will someone let me know when I'll pay less in school taxes since these teachers don't want to go to work? It's outrageous.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Hospitals are not overwhelmed by Covid-19. Hospitals are overwhelmed by staffing shortages and are now competing with each other for nurses and other staff.
This is definitely truth.

In fact some states are even telling hospitals now to differentiate between people "admitted with Covid" and "people admitted BECAUSE of Covid" (hint, there is a VAST difference)

We all know the answer as to why that hasn't always been the case (the same rationale applies to "people who died with Covid" and "people who died BECAUSE of Covid"

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
This is definitely truth.

In fact some states are even telling hospitals now to differentiate between people "admitted with Covid" and "people admitted BECAUSE of Covid" (hint, there is a VAST difference)

We all know the answer as to why that hasn't always been the case (the same rationale applies to "people who died with Covid" and "people who died BECAUSE of Covid"

It's definitely truth and the whole fucking system has been thrown into chaos, as has the whole country. My son-in-law left nursing and took another job. He's trying to get back into nursing part time but he needs approval from his current employer. The money being thrown out there for qualified nurses is sick.

The bigger issue is that the government that basically has destroyed the medical industry and pretty much EVERYTHING else it has touched has created a snowball effect throughout every business and segment of society. Rest assured, health insurance will increase and the little guy and middle class working American will get fucked.......again.

Top Bottom