yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Say what?

remember a few weeks ago a new guy showed up calling everyone sorry fans and making all kinds of accusations and then ignored all the responses only to go onto another rant

he was funny, got the board rolling, I miss that guy

Dooms oughta remember, he went a few rounds with him

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
5counts or some such.

Got a email from him, he said he just couldn't deal with the "negativity" any more.

Lol, cracks me up how serious people take shit they read on the internet

thought maybe it was fuzzy numb nuts trying to get his freak on incognito

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I guess he should have CC'd Jerry on it.
I did a thread here a couple of years ago about "negativity" and the difference between that, and reality. The Homers don't see any distinction or difference.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
thought maybe it was fuzzy numb nuts trying to get his freak on incognito
No... Verified that early on.

Fuzzy isn't banned, but I made it clear to him that in order to continue to be welcome here he was going to have to decide which handle he was going to use. He continued to deny he had multiple nicks - but I know he does. Digital DNA doesn't lie.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I did a thread here a couple of years ago about "negativity" and the difference between that, and reality. The Homers don't see any distinction or difference.

jeri seems to have this mindset and abhors anything that could be construed as negative

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score

I guess it is easy to be a blind homer when you have two whole playoff wins in 20 years. One of which was an absolute gift from the refs. Meanwhile ignoring the plague that causes it lives on, and laughs all the way to the bank while selling them jerseys.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
No... Verified that early on.

Fuzzy isn't banned, but I made it clear to him that in order to continue to be welcome here he was going to have to decide which handle he was going to use. He continued to deny he had multiple nicks - but I know he does. Digital DNA doesn't lie.

can you tell when he's skulking around here? Its obvious he stalks this place but is too afraid to participate for some reason

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Watching some of the practice stuff from today. Tapper, Russell and Irving look pretty decent. Definitely will be interested in seeing them next week and the rest of these preseason games.

Mark Nzeocha has good size and excellent range. Saw him in coverage on a few plays where he was right on the guy, one he broke on the ball and deflected it.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Watching some of the practice stuff from today. Tapper, Russell and Irving look pretty decent. Definitely will be interested in seeing them next week and the rest of these preseason games.

Mark Nzeocha has good size and excellent range. Saw him in coverage on a few plays where he was right on the guy, one he broke on the ball and deflected it.
I'm excited to see the season start.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Thursday practice report: Showers impressed

Jameill Showers makes impression in extended work

Todd Archer
ESPN Staff Writer

OXNARD, Calif. – While Dak Prescott was able to get the first-team snaps with the Dallas Cowboys’ offense as Tony Romo rested, it was Jameill Showers who had the more memorable day.

Jameill Showers spent much of last year on the practice squad playing positions other than quarterback. AP Photo/Gus Ruelas

Prescott was able to lead the offense to a 56-yard field goal by Dan Bailey in situational work. Prescott completed 7 of 10 passes on the drive but had one that would have been intercepted if not for the effort of wide receiver Brice Butler to knock the ball free from Morris Claiborne. Prescott was able to set up the field-goal attempt with a nice out route to undrafted tight end Austin Traylor.

Showers, who spent most of last year on the practice squad playing positions other than quarterback, had the two best throws of the day.

They came in seven-on-seven work. The first was a 20-plus-yard completion to undrafted wide receiver Chris Brown on a back shoulder throw. The other was a long touchdown pass to Gavin Escobar in which the throw was perfectly weighted over the defender to allow the tight end to come down with the grab.

In team and seven-on-seven drills, Prescott completed 16 of 21 passes, while Showers completed 8 of 12.

On to the observations:

Showers’ work in team drills did not go so well, but he was not given much help by his offensive line. He would have been sacked on the first play, scrambled out of trouble on his second before flipping the ball away, and may have crossed the line of scrimmage on his last attempt as he was flushed from the pocket.

WR Devin Street was forced from practice early because of a foot/ankle injury. Catching a pass from Showers near the sideline, his leg was pinned under CB Deji Olatoye. He limped away but was not able to continue practice.

With Escobar working his way back from a torn Achilles, second-year tight end Geoff Swaim took the first-team work with Jason Witten resting. Swaim made a nice catch on a hot route and was able to elude Sean Lee.

With Dez Bryant resting, Butler moved into the first group at receiver with Terrance Williams and Cole Beasley. Alfred Morris worked with the first-teamers in Ezekiel Elliott’s absence.

Because the Cowboys were low on arms with Romo sitting and Kellen Moore hurt, Jason Garrett took some turns throwing passes in drills. In work between backs and tight ends against linebackers and safeties he had consecutive passes intercepted by Mark Nzeocha and Kavon Frazier. Come on, Coach, remember: the ball, the ball, the ball.

Bailey is human. The kicker missed from 51 and 53 yards in special-teams drills. Of course, he was battling a difficult right-to-left wind that didn’t help enough on the first attempt and helped too much on the second.

For those wondering about the status of rookie TE Rico Gathers as he makes the transition from basketball to football, the undrafted Traylor took snaps ahead of the sixth-round pick. Gathers has miles and miles to go before he is ready.

Reaction score

I saw the Nzeocha plays too. He kind of came over the top. He's fast and plays the ball in the air well.

Tapper is going to be a beast. It's not like he's an inexperienced college player with great measurables. He played out of position in a 3-4 on the big stage and now he gets to play the right position with his elite measurables. I heard an interview with him yesterday and he said his 40 time is meaningless, quickness is more important. Marinelli calls him Trapper John.

In a Marinelli interview, he said Irving is very exciting for him. He said that his length and ability to bend is "off the charts".

I heard an Alfred Morris interview earlier and they asked him who the fastest player was and he said Lucky Whitehead.

Reaction score
They will give rookie Dak Prescott and Jameill Showers more snaps in practices over the next few days to give them an opportunity to show the Cowboys that they don't need to add a veteran after backup Kellen Moore fractured his right ankle Tuesday and will be out for three to four months.
Prescott and Showers shared the snaps in practice Thursday, with starter Tony Romo taking a rest day along with receiver Dez Bryant and tight end Jason Witten.
Prescott, the fourth-round pick out of Mississippi State, continues to take snaps ahead of Showers. But it was Showers who executed better Thursday.
Showers showed a quicker release and was more accurate. He delivered a perfect pass in 7-on-7 drills, leading tight end Gavin Escobar for a 35-yard touchdown.

Reaction score
Ezekiel Elliott is expected to miss about a week, but wouldn't be surprised if it stretched longer. Cowboys always cautious with hamstrings.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Prescott is #4, right? Granted it's a tiny sample size but the couple of plays they showed him on the Fox practice report last night, he looked horrible.

Jerry can try to play poker that this guy could really be our backup, but there's no way.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Prescott is #4, right? Granted it's a tiny sample size but the couple of plays they showed him on the Fox practice report last night, he looked horrible.

Jerry can try to play poker that this guy could really be our backup, but there's no way.

Yeah he definitely isn't ready.

I think I saw him throw one or two balls that I thought "hey that was pretty good". Otherwise it wasn't pretty.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Ready has nothing to do with it.

He isn't capable. Not now, not 4 years from now. Sucks.

Reaction score
Other than using Prescott and Showers to simulate moving or elusive or very bad QBs for the defense, why do they have these guys at all. How can Showers and Prescott be that far behind and still seen as potential. Neither is particularly impressive.

Freeman is getting a look. Once again. Absolutely zero thought about the future, just a scan of the Coryell past and a desperate roster fill for the present.

Top Bottom