dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Romo on Dak Prescott:

Question: What impresses you about Dak Prescott?

Romo: ......." Yeah, I mean honestly his demeanor and intelligence. He's a smart kid. He picks up things quickly. And for rookies that's not always the easiest thing. So I think that's been as impressive as anything his ability to pick it up and then go do it. Sometimes you can say it but then you got to see it and react as far as who is the Mike, certain things. Reads are going to come.

You're going to make mistakes. You're going to go through your reads faster with each year.

But some of the other stuff that is just systematic just takes a little while. And he'll pick that up pretty quick. He's done a good job. "

Reaction score
:jerkoff

He get that info from Dooley again?

I was going to say the same thing only like this:

Dooley noted?

Streets is probably just showing the difference between zero and one. It's a huge contrast to have any production compared to none but let's not pretend there is anything worth keeping out of Streets (or his fellow slow slacker in TWilly).

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Right now not one of our top three draft picks (Elliott, Smith and Collins) is capable of practicing or playing in a game (if there were one)

Let that sink in.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Football is officially back Sunday night. HOF game is Packers/Colts at 8pm.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Gah. Caught the Garrett pc. Romo, Witten, Dez, not practicing for veteran days.

Has it been decided somewhere that practice is an unnecessary relic? Can players really just roll out and play well without working on timing or anything else?

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

Has it been decided somewhere that practice is an unnecessary relic? Can players really just roll out and play well without working on timing or anything else?

It's not like they are getting NFL coaching.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

I've been saying this for awhile now. I've never seen a team that has so many players (key guys too) miss practice time, for whatever reason.

They truly believe they can flip the switch on and be ready for real football games. To me this seems like the recipe to walk out and get murdered those first two games vs NYG and Wash, then hear Jones/Jones & Garrett say "well its only two games, we have the whole season in front of us and we didn't want guys to overdo it in camp"

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
WTF?

Jon Machota
✔ ‎@jonmachota

Jason Garrett on Romo, Dez, Witten, etc. not practicing: "It's valuable to get a day off, it's life-changing when you get two days off."

Reaction score
Garrett is gradually rationalizing away all the important parts of actual team building so we will be left with watching a team that has no reason or ability to compete. Satisfied with just the concept of a team. No desire to win or avoid loss.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Is there anything sadder than the remedial kids at the zone wearing their Romo jammies and undies who havent figured out the guy is on the decline and one hit from done. He looked my 80 Y/O grandfather in what little we saw of him last year. We all get old, and in football real fast.

onlyonenow

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Is there anything sadder than the remedial kids at the zone wearing their Romo jammies and undies who havent figured out the guy is on the decline and one hit from done. He looked my 80 Y/O grandfather in what little we saw of him last year. We all get old, and in football real fast.

yeah, you are definitely sadder. Romo looks pretty good to me. But then again I am not hoping he is done like you re.

onlyonenow

In the Rotation
Reaction score
I've been saying this for awhile now. I've never seen a team that has so many players (key guys too) miss practice time, for whatever reason.

They truly believe they can flip the switch on and be ready for real football games. To me this seems like the recipe to walk out and get murdered those first two games vs NYG and Wash, then hear Jones/Jones & Garrett say "well its only two games, we have the whole season in front of us and we didn't want guys to overdo it in camp"

and yet the last few years we have usually won our first game. Go figure.wo

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
yeah, you are definitely sadder. Romo looks pretty good to me. But then again I am not hoping he is done like you re.

LOL!! Nothing like a homer. Ruffle their feathers and they come out swinging. I am not hoping anything. The guy looked in serious decline to me last year. Thats my opinion and aint changing. I'd be happy to be proven wrong.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
and yet the last few years we have usually won our first game. Go figure.wo

Do you remember how awful they were for most of last years opener? They were coming off a 12-4 season in which they were really close to making it to the NFC Championship game. Last year they were supposed to prove it wasn't a fluke. Instead they came out, played like utter garbage and had to depend on the ineptitude of the other teams senile HC and turnip brained QB to not understand simple clock management to win. The previous season they played pretty lousy and got beat by SF at home. They had a couple close wins vs NYG. They lost to the Jets after playing pretty well for most of the game. They flopped at Washington.

You've gotta go back a pretty good ways to find the last time the Cowboys really played good football on opening day.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
SIDE BAR:

What's the username of that guy that showed up here a few weeks ago like a ball of fire calling everyone out?

Is he still around?

Top Bottom