yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
You think it's possible the Niners knee jerk and draft Lynch at 7?

This opens up another set of trade scenarios though. If Tunsil is there at 4 and a team like the Giants wants to move up to get him what could they offer? Tampa is another team that could be interested in moving up for Tunsil. Do the Raiders have a solid LT?

If Wentz and Goff go 1-2, seems like there could be a rush on QBs and perhaps 4 end up going in the first round.

The Rams have to be eyeballing a QB here right? No other position can justify that cost imo, so I guess their taking Goff?

Seems like this pretty much kills being able to trade the #4 pick because either Cleveland takes a QB or trades the pick but anything can happen with Cleveland so this draft is shaping up to be particularly interesting

Iamtdg

Reaction score
Why are you against Bosa? Does he get into the backfield too much or tackle QB's too hard for our preferred method of playing?

I don't think he is fast enough to speed rush, nor do I think he will be able to bull rush NFL tackles. I think he busts, to be honest. I want nothing to do with him.

Iamtdg

Reaction score
If Wentz and Goff go 1-2, seems like there could be a rush on QBs and perhaps 4 end up going in the first round.

The Rams have to be eyeballing a QB here right? No other position can justify that cost imo, so I guess their taking Goff?

Seems like this pretty much kills being able to trade the #4 pick because either Cleveland takes a QB or trades the pick but anything can happen with Cleveland so this draft is shaping up to be particularly interesting

Mu guess is they are taking Wentz.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I don't think he is fast enough to speed rush, nor do I think he will be able to bull rush NFL tackles. I think he busts, to be honest. I want nothing to do with him.

His technique is pretty damn good though. He uses his hands and leverage extremely well and while he may not be foot fast, it isn't like he is slow as hell either. He dips his shoulder and turns the corner extremely well.

He also offers a lot of position flex. he can definitely move all over the DL depending on the situations.

If he has a drug issue (pot) as some have rumored I wouldn't want him, otherwise I think he is a solid addition for us and improves our front 7.

Iamtdg

Reaction score
His technique is pretty damn good though. He uses his hands and leverage extremely well and while he may not be foot fast, it isn't like he is slow as hell either. He dips his shoulder and turns the corner extremely well.

He also offers a lot of position flex. he can definitely move all over the DL depending on the situations.

If he has a drug issue (pot) as some have rumored I wouldn't want him, otherwise I think he is a solid addition for us and improves our front 7.

Just my opinion, but I don't see him succeeding at the next level. I think he busts hard.

onlyonenow

In the Rotation
Reaction score
actually nfldraftscouts and bleacher report are NOW saying that Cleveland likes Goff better and that the Rams also like Goff better and that is why this trade.

onlyonenow

In the Rotation
Reaction score
as regards taking tunsil:

only an idiot could not see how much better he is then Free; and free is steadily deteriorating physically. How long before he is a POS?

Green has shown nothing except a tendency to get injured.

we have nothing else at tackle. Anyone thinking that Martin or Collins could be pro bowl at RT are dreaming their feet are just not that good. Only a moron would move an ALL PRO anyway; and Collings was really coming on late in the year as well. You do not move people like that unless you have no choice at all.

Now if we have Tunsil sitting there at our pick we MIGHT get a real good offer; and if we do not then you take the player that most so called draft experts called the safest and best pick in this draft.
Free is going to be gone soon and be less than good playing anyway. IF we were to take Tunsil, then we have Free this year as the backup and can bring Green along slowly to be the swing tackle.

An all world O line that has no weaknesses to exploit- a night mare for DC's.

And this as well: Jerruh has got to want to protect Tony as much as possible and this would do that.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
actually nfldraftscouts and bleacher report are NOW saying that Cleveland likes Goff better and that the Rams also like Goff better and that is why this trade.

That's because Goff is better.

If Cleveland doesn't love Wentz and the Eagles do, hopefully they jump up and pay a hefty price to do so.

onlyonenow

In the Rotation
Reaction score
I thought I'd read that Cleveland wanted Goff thus why I presumed the Rams wanted to jump Cleveland

Time will tell if it was a smokescreen

the wentz hysteria has begun to die down and the logical people understand that Goff might have a lower ceiling but a higher floor and has less chance of busting.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
as regards taking tunsil:

only an idiot could not see how much better he is then Free; and free is steadily deteriorating physically. How long before he is a POS?

Green has shown nothing except a tendency to get injured.

we have nothing else at tackle. Anyone thinking that Martin or Collins could be pro bowl at RT are dreaming their feet are just not that good. Only a moron would move an ALL PRO anyway; and Collings was really coming on late in the year as well. You do not move people like that unless you have no choice at all.

Now if we have Tunsil sitting there at our pick we MIGHT get a real good offer; and if we do not then you take the player that most so called draft experts called the safest and best pick in this draft.
Free is going to be gone soon and be less than good playing anyway. IF we were to take Tunsil, then we have Free this year as the backup and can bring Green along slowly to be the swing tackle.

An all world O line that has no weaknesses to exploit- a night mare for DC's.

And this as well: Jerruh has got to want to protect Tony as much as possible and this would do that.

I think if Tunsil is there you HAVE to seriously consider taking him. Pretty much all off season he has been the consensus #1 player in the draft. If they are stilling there at 4 and the best player in their board falls to them they have to consider taking him. Obviously you try to trade out but if you can't get what you want for the pick you almost have to take him. Is it a bit of overkill? Of course it is, but the teams that succeed almost always take best player available instead of drafting for need and passing on a potentially great player. Drafting for need is how you end up passing on a HOF player for Greg Ellis.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I think if Tunsil is there you HAVE to seriously consider taking him. Pretty much all off season he has been the consensus #1 player in the draft. If they are stilling there at 4 and the best player in their board falls to them they have to consider taking him. Obviously you try to trade out but if you can't get what you want for the pick you almost have to take him. Is it a bit of overkill? Of course it is, but the teams that succeed almost always take best player available instead of drafting for need and passing on a potentially great player. Drafting for need is how you end up passing on a HOF player for Greg Ellis.

Tunsil would fill a need. We are going to need to replace Free soon, and if you want to extend Free's career... make him a swing tackle. That'd be a sick line that is already sick.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Tunsil would fill a need. We are going to need to replace Free soon, and if you want to extend Free's career... make him a swing tackle. That'd be a sick line that is already sick.

The only problem will come in 2 years when you have to make a decision to keep Frederick or keep Martin. I'm not certain they can resign Frederick, Martin, then Collins, and then Tunsil. That would be about 3/4 of their cap all on the OL. Even without Tunsil they may have to let Frederick or Martin walk (or trade). For the next two years though their OL would be freaking amazing!

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I would imagine if they were stuck at 4, Tunsil is the only player on their board worthy of that pick, and no one will give up anything reasonable to move up, you'd have to take him and then trade or release Free. I know it's overkill but that would be the greatest O Line of all time.

if that scenario happens maybe Tennessee would jump back up, but my guess is that Jerry gets beat in the deal.

Reaction score
First thought when I woke up and heard this: I bet at least part of Jerry, maybe all of him, is relieved. Now he doesn't even have to worry about the pressure of taking or not taking a QB. I doubt he ever really wanted to anyway.

I don't think it's Jerry who would be relieved. It's Jason. His track record for developing QBs and/or shaping or teaching QBs how to play his system is terrible. And it's terrible because he doesn't know what he is doing. AND the worst part is, he knows that he will fail at developing a player to become anything close to Romo and my hunch is he wants no part of that unraveling, that humiliation, that exposure to the reality that he is not who the Jones think he is.

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
I like Tunsil and think he's gonna be a good one but there's a thing called the salary cap. Can't dump it all into the oline. I'm a big advocate of building up the trenches but Tunsil is overkill. Gotta fix this defense more than that RT spot. Anything happens to Free then Collins or Martin can kick out and Leary steps in at guard. Fix the defense already..

Also, it's a mixed opinion who the best player in this draft is. The Titans, who allowed the most sacks last year if I remember right, traded away from Tunsil. He's not the unanimous best player in this draft that some are making him out to be.

Top Bottom