bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
never in a million years did I think Wentz would go #1 overall or that he and Goff would be off the board before #4, but QBs are always overdrafted due to desperation, so I should have known better

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
never in a million years did I think Wentz would go #1 overall or that he and Goff would be off the board before #4, but QBs are always overdrafted due to desperation, so I should have known better

Me neither, maybe these guys are all that but it smells more like the stink of desperation because the need for a QB creates is making teams bet the farm on an even money (or less) chance of success.

Maybe thats what you gotta do now, trade whatever it takes to grab a QB prospect, rinse and repeat until it works, regardless of the cost

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

You see, if you listen to me you learn stuff

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Maybe thats what you gotta do now, trade whatever it takes to grab a QB prospect, rinse and repeat until it works, regardless of the cost

Or you can go the Jones route and keep wishing and hoping on UDFA's, baseball castoffs and other no talent scrubs

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Reports say Eagles desperately trying to trade up to #2 now

Without a 2nd rd pick, they'll have to part with basically most of this years draft and probably some serious picks in future drafts too, or some combination of significant picks plus a couple of quality players.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Probably going through the motions for nothing at this point, but they are interested apparently:

Todd Archer ‎‎@toddarcher

Jerry Jones said the Cowboys will be heading to Cal this weekend to work out QB Jared Goff

Reaction score
A whole lot of garbage and nothing after the first 3 picks.

Where is all the love for Prescott coming from? Did everyone miss the Combine? What highlight reel shows a QB that's competent?

Basically there are two QBs who should be automatic UFDAs because their mechanics and most important parts of being a passing QB are so flawed that it really makes no sense for them to be anything but a future Cowboy head coach. It's Hogan who will fumble anytime there is an edge pass rush and Prescott who has no timing, accuracy, presence, height, or brain. Why all the love for Prescott?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
The knee thing with Jack worries me.

On defense I like Bosa or Lawson (if they move down some) for us at DE. I think I'd go Ramsey over Jack because of health and the position flex Ramsey offers. Plus drafting Ramsey probably ends the miserable Barndon Carr era at CB.

I'm still wanting a QB with our top pick, also will not be unhappy at all with Ezekial Elliott.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Drunk Jerry speaks on draft, only logical thing he says is about OL.

Jones: Drafting a quarterback could be 'problematic,' but Cowboys will visit Jared Goff this weekend

The Dallas Morning News

Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones discusses the team's picks in the second and third rounds of the 2015 NFL Draft at their Valley Ranch training facility on Friday, May 1, 2015, in Irving. (Smiley N. Pool/The Dallas Morning News)

By Kate Hairopoulos , Staff Writer Contact Kate Hairopoulos on Twitter: @khairopoulos

Ah, draft season. It's the time when Cowboys owner Jerry Jones can wonder aloud one minute about how drafting a quarterback this year could be "problematic," and the next mention that he's heading out to watch Cal quarterback Jared Goff's workout this weekend. Goff is projected as one of the top picks and could be gone even before the Cowboys pick at No. 4.

Two weeks ahead of the draft, Jones shared his thoughts Thursday on a number of issues before the Nancy Lieberman Charities Dream Ball at the Dallas Omni.

On possibly taking a quarterback in the draft: "I don't know. I don't know. I can give you a real scenario where it can be real problematic if we do what we want to do and that's have [Tony] Romo play fairly injury free and uninterrupted for the next three, four, five years. Let's just go three, four five. If he plays uninterrupted then you've got a problem if you've picked quarterback this year because you don't know what you got really at a time when he may be entering the markets. There's an example of that this year and so that's one of the things you weigh if you're in our shoes about whether to get interested in a quarterback this early in Romo's career. It can be distorted by the fact that he has had some injury two of the last three years but it's something that I don't have the answer to right now. I'm really hoping that really just the dynamics of the draft and the dynamics of the opportunity will help make this decision."

On going to see Goff: "We're doing a quarterback workout this weekend so we're going to be very hard at it here. ...He operates in a pretty place. I like to have that excuse to go out there. No seriously, we are going to do a workout this weekend. It'll be Goff. Out there before their spring game."

On the Rams moving up for the No. 1 pick: I was surprised but knowing the organization I'm not surprised. They're really showing their colors, step out there and go to Los Angeles and then when you look at how they're setting their sails and it doesn't surprise me at all with what they're looking for in the future. It goes to show you certainly need to be thinking about your moves way in advance of the draft if you're going to go this early. I applaud 'em. It sounds like they got they wanted. Then you've got to look at Tennessee and see all those draft picks. I didn't know Herschel Walker was still around."

How does it affect the Cowboys?: "I don't want to make any assumptions, but yeah, it does impact because that kind of movement up ahead of you in a lot of different ways it took a lot of the consideration out of the marketplace. If you think draft picks are consideration than it is. It certainly made a difference below that No. 1 pick as to what might be available trading or in terms of making a decision with a player. It took two commodities out. It took picks, it took a player."

Could the Cowboys consider picking another lineman (if Ole Miss' Laremy Tunsil is now available): "It doesn't look logical. But sometimes it can become just so obvious as to the value that I wouldn't rule out anything relative to an offensive lineman. But that's probably where we're strongest right now and that doesn't look like the best use of a draft pick at any high level but sometimes that is just overshadowed."

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Ohio St OLB Darron Lee

[video=youtube;krStj_YvdQ0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krStj_YvdQ0[/video]

Reaction score
Bosa and Ramsey are going to be useless in the NFL. Ramsey mostly just if he comes to Dallas. Bosa will be nothing more than 'solid.'

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
The knee thing with Jack worries me.

On defense I like Bosa or Lawson (if they move down some) for us at DE. I think I'd go Ramsey over Jack because of health and the position flex Ramsey offers. Plus drafting Ramsey probably ends the miserable Barndon Carr era at CB.

I'm still wanting a QB with our top pick, also will not be unhappy at all with Ezekial Elliott.

And the fact that he plays like a bitch.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Man, something odd is going on with the QB position this year, Goff & Wentz may turn out to be some of the best that have ever played but they don't strike me as worthy of trading the slew of picks that the Rams used or what Philly may give up.

Last edited:

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Jalen Ramsey || "Nation's Best Player" || FSU Highlights - YouTube

Is this really what the best player of the draft looks like? Because I'm not that impressed.

WTF was that at the 2:26 mark? Terrible non catch.

I agree

I was watching his highlights earlier now that we may have a shot at him

He missed a good number of interceptions that he actually got in front of or got his hands on. He made the plays but it seems like he could have had a fair number more INT's if he could catch the ball better

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Me neither, maybe these guys are all that but it smells more like the stink of desperation because the need for a QB creates is making teams bet the farm on an even money (or less) chance of success.

The Chargers did that. They had arguably the biggest swing and a miss at a QB when they drafted Ryan Leaf. Eventually ended with Rivers that seems to have worked out. Well I guess that depends on your definition of working out is. They probably should have kept Brees.

Top Bottom