dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I do wonder why there hasn't been more interest in Morris. Does he want too much money, or is the thought just that he's already used up? He was pretty good a couple of years ago.

I think the used up, along with him appearing to have gained some weight last yr might be it.

He was great as a rookie and decent in 2nd yr.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Our whole approach in free agency has me really worried and possibly disinterested in the draft. I'm terrified that this same, scraping the bottom of the barrel approach will effect the draft, especially after the 2nd round.

You don't understand what's being built here

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I love how the Zoners were blowing each other over re-signing Dunbar and his 391 career rushing yards & 0 career TD's but don't want Morris who's never done anything ( 4,713 rushing yards, 29 TD).

Yet if we sign Morris, he'll be the greatest thing since sliced bread.

This Zone place you guys are talking about sounds like Pro Sports Daily. Well like most of the guys at PSD. Big circle jerk over there.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I do wonder why there hasn't been more interest in Morris. Does he want too much money, or is the thought just that he's already used up? He was pretty good a couple of years ago.

He looked like he was done last year. Looked over weight and wasn't able to break tackles like he did a couple years ago. He's still fairly young though.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I think the used up, along with him appearing to have gained some weight last yr might be it.

He was great as a rookie and decent in 2nd yr.

He was great because of RGIII and that read option. You have both those guys running at you, who do you cover?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Clemson DE Shaq Lawson is one of the pre draft visits set up. I like this guy a lot if we trade down some.

And the Dallas Cowboys are in on the action, too. Lawson will visit "Jerry World" on April 5. Amid all that activity, Lawson will also squeeze in a trip to Indianapolis for a medical re-check on an old shoulder injury on April 15.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
CMD's man love can officially kiss my ass:

After his Pro Day on Friday, Goff admitted that it would be "awesome" to play for his hometown 49ers. The 21-year-old was born and raised in the Bay Area and grew up cheering for the 49ers.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Derrick Henry is neither fat nor slow. Do you watch TV at all?
He is slow to get up to speed with long strides, is not nifty and has dull foot speed, and can't fucking catch the ball either - has terrible hands.

He's a guy you want to use to pummel, and Dallas won't do that with any more than 2 yards needed at any given time. Just like we saw with Michael last year.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
He is slow to get up to speed with long strides, is not nifty and has dull foot speed, and can't fucking catch the ball either - has terrible hands.

He has a knack for fitting through small seams/spaces in their OL. Even though he is huge, he seems to be able to make himself "small" to fit through holes. He doesn't have Barry Sanders cutting ability, but he does have some one cut and go type attributes.

And just ebcasue he didn't catch a lot of passes in their offense, doesn't mean he cant catch the ball Mr Todd Gurley is a fumble and Melvin Gordon isn't.

From Gil Brandt:

Running back Derrick Henry -- 6-foot-2 1/2, 244 pounds -- got some extra credit for stepping in as a receiver because the event didn't have enough wide receivers. The scouts on hand were ecstatic over how well the 2015 Heisman Trophy winner caught the ball. Henry stepped in and showed that he has real good route-running ability, and that is just another skill that he possesses that people didn't realize that he was so good at. Henry really helped himself out at the pro day

He's a guy you want to use to pummel, and Dallas won't do that with any more than 2 yards needed at any given time. Just like we saw with Michael last year.

Michael was awful here last year, that's why the cut him. If they draft Henry, they'll definitely use him and I would suspect he'd help us vastly improve the woeful 3rd/4th short rush game results we saw last year.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Here's the "fat" guy who is "slow to get up speed"

[video=youtube;nY6bKadSW0o]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nY6bKadSW0o[/video]

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
fat guy who isn't explosive and cant catch the ball

[video=youtube;wWezkF7ke6w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWezkF7ke6w[/video]

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
This guy is interesting. Broaddus has also mentioned him a number of times now

[video=youtube;BBG3fbHCgk4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBG3fbHCgk4[/video]

onlyonenow

In the Rotation
Reaction score
prosise to me could be another Marshal Faulk type. The fumbling problem can be fixed- witness Tiki Barber.

By the way that was an interesting thing the Browns coach did at Goff's pro day and Goff really shined.

One of the knocks the supposed internet experts have on Pro Days is that the QB is throwing to guys he knows. That is supposedly a bad thing somehow.

Despite the fact that when he is the starter he is throwing to guys he knows. Or at least practices with on a daily basis.

Last edited:

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Paul Kuharsky
ESPN Staff Writer

Titans GM Jon Robinson: If we trade far back out of No 1, want to make sure to get a "king's ransom." Said it would take a substantial amount of picks to do that. (Speaking at my radio station 104.5 The Zone's annual Sportsfest.)

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
CMD and Noshame approve of this message:

Tim MacMahon
ESPN Staff Writer

Dez Bryant says he'd take Florida State defensive back Jalen Ramsey if he had the call for the Cowboys' fourth overall pick.

Reaction score
Fuck no. I mean shit. Just fuck no.

Yeah lets waste another first rounder on a cornerback. Because doing so has really fixed our defense over the years. Really pushed us over the top.

Reaction score
2008 Mike Jenkins
2012 Morris Claiborne
2015 Byron Jones

And our defense still sucks. We still can't get a quarterback down. We still can't get interceptions. I mean for fuckity fucks sake. Lets try something new for once.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I'd like to see what Henry could do in a Cowboy uniform but if he's still available when Carolina picks, I bet they snatch him unless jerri gets a hard-on for him and makes a shitty trade of their remaining picks to move up

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
2008 Mike Jenkins
2012 Morris Claiborne
2015 Byron Jones

And our defense still sucks. We still can't get a quarterback down. We still can't get interceptions. I mean for fuckity fucks sake. Lets try something new for once.

Browns wasted picks on Weeden and Manziel and are about to draft another 1st round QB. I guess you gotta keep doing it until you get it right. Then again, you're more likely to find a decent corner in rounds 2 and beyond than an elite starting QB.

Top Bottom