Reaction score
Teams like the Broncos, Cowboys and Bears would rank as ideal fits, based on their commitment to playing complementary football (strong running game and stingy defense).

:awkward

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
NY radio says the Cowboys will try to trade back into the first round if Lynch is still available in the 20s.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
NY radio says the Cowboys will try to trade back into the first round if Lynch is still available in the 20s.

Could happen, although if the Rams don't move up to get Goff or Lynch they are sitting there at 15 and might take him. The Jets, Bills, Cards and Broncos could all have interest as well.

I think it was Mosley who floated it out there at the combine that the Cowboys liked Lynch.

I'm good with it, but I do think we'd have to move up from 34 to get him. I seriously doubt he makes it to round two.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

They've stated they are considering a trade down but only to #10 and won't consider anything beyond 10

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
They've stated they are considering a trade down but only to #10 and won't consider anything beyond 10

back into the first round, meaning trading up from 34 if Lynch is falling

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
There are the same rumors about the excessive partying now surrounding Bosa as well

The rumor I read was about both of them partying because they were roommates. The article I read said Bosa had to move out of the room because Zeke was partying every night.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

Baylor's Briles: Shawn Oakman will be a steal in 2016 NFL Draft

By Chase Goodbread
College Football 24/7 writer
Published: March 16, 2016 at 11:45 a.m.
Updated: March 16, 2016 at 11:56 a.m.

Draft buzz about Shawn Oakman has been on a relatively steady decline since last summer, when the confluence of an 11-sack junior season and his weight-room exploits on social media made the Baylor defensive end one of the most talked-about players in college football. But despite a decline in sack production as a senior and a pedestrian performance at the NFL Scouting Combine, Bears coach Art Briles insists Oakman will be a draft steal.

"He's a different cat. I wouldn't want to categorize him," Briles told NFL Network's NFL HQ on Wednesday. " ... Shawn has done an unbelievable job of staying very humble. He is a tremendous athlete with a tremendous frame. Whoever gets him, they're getting a steal in the draft, I can promise you that."

Oakman made 46.5 tackles for loss in three seasons at Baylor, but there are scouting questions about his consistency of effort and a rawness with his technique that led a scout to suggest as far back as November that Oakman is a third-day pick.

Of course, Day 3 (Rounds 4-7) is where the steals are.

Oakman will try to boost his draft stock Wednesday at Baylor's pro day, and he'll have quite an audience to do so.

According to NFL Media senior analyst Gil Brandt, Pittsburgh Steelers coach Mike Tomlin and Houston Texans coach Bill O'Brien are among the head coaches present for Baylor's pro day, as well as Steelers general manager Kevin Colbert.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Connor Cook getting private workout from Cowboys. Henry officially coming in for visit too.

Cowboys arrange closer looks at Derrick Henry, Connor Cook

By Chase Goodbread
College Football 24/7 writer
Published: March 16, 2016 at 01:33 p.m.
Updated: March 16, 2016 at 01:59 p.m.

The Dallas Cowboys are arranging a closer look at two intriguing possibilities to play behind one of the NFL's elite offensive lines: Derrick Henry and Connor Cook.

Henry, the Heisman Trophy-winning power back from Alabama, has been scheduled for visits to the Cowboys and Carolina Panthers in April, according to Tom Pelissero of USA Today. As for Cook, the Cowboys and Miami Dolphins have scheduled the former Michigan State quarterback for a private workout, per Dave Birkett of the Detroit Free Press.

Either could make sense for Dallas on the second day of the draft, on which the Cowboys will make the Nos. 34 and 67 overall picks, barring a trade. Coach Jason Garrett has confirmed the club's need for a young quarterback to groom behind veteran Tony Romo, and club owner Jerry Jones told NFL Media senior analyst Gil Brandt that the Cowboys won't make that move in the first round. If the second round is the right time, however, Cook could be the fit. He is regarded as the No. 40 overall talent in the draft by NFL Media analyst Bucky Brooks.

Henry could be an attractive option as well, giving Dallas a 245-pound battering ram of a rusher behind a physical offensive line that is capable of dominating the line of scrimmage. No NFL Media analyst with a mock draft sees Henry as a first-round pick, though he could be the draft's second-best prospect at the position, behind Ohio State's Ezekiel Elliott. Analyst Chad Reuter projects the Cowboys to do exactly that at No. 34 overall.

If Carolina's interest in Henry is for the second round, the Panthers will have some waiting to do. The Panthers hold the No. 62 overall pick near the bottom of the round. Carolina is hosting Clemson DE Kevin Dodd for a visit Thursday, according to Joe Person of the Charlotte Observer.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Just what we need, a fat, slow dude at RB who can't pass block so when we line up on 3rd and 1, 4th and 1, the opponent knows he's getting the ball. Just like Michael last year.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Just what we need, a fat, slow dude at RB who can't pass block so when we line up on 3rd and 1, 4th and 1, the opponent knows he's getting the ball. Just like Michael last year.

Derrick Henry is neither fat nor slow. Do you watch TV at all?

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Our whole approach in free agency has me really worried and possibly disinterested in the draft. I'm terrified that this same, scraping the bottom of the barrel approach will effect the draft, especially after the 2nd round.

Reaction score
Check the history bro.... what we do after the second round has been pointless anyways.

I mean, yeah, we got like a good year out of Anthony Hitchins or whatever but seriously everyone else has been shit. I'm not even going to pay attention after day one this year. Why fucking bother getting amped up about what fourth round player we get from whatever school because, ultimately, he won't amount to shit.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Check the history bro.... what we do after the second round has been pointless anyways.

I mean, yeah, we got like a good year out of Anthony Hitchins or whatever but seriously everyone else has been shit. I'm not even going to pay attention after day one this year. Why fucking bother getting amped up about what fourth round player we get from whatever school because, ultimately, he won't amount to shit.

I guess the asshole in me will go to the Zone and watch all of the excuses, apologies, claims of greatness for all of the crappy players we draft. Other than that though you are right, it's an exercise in futility.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I love how the Zoners were blowing each other over re-signing Dunbar and his 391 career rushing yards & 0 career TD's but don't want Morris who's never done anything ( 4,713 rushing yards, 29 TD).

Yet if we sign Morris, he'll be the greatest thing since sliced bread.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I do wonder why there hasn't been more interest in Morris. Does he want too much money, or is the thought just that he's already used up? He was pretty good a couple of years ago.

Top Bottom