MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
2008 Mike Jenkins
2012 Morris Claiborne
2015 Byron Jones

And our defense still sucks. We still can't get a quarterback down. We still can't get interceptions. I mean for fuckity fucks sake. Lets try something new for once.

You forgot Orlando Scandrick, who was drafted in the 5th round. Which is where I would prefer to draft a CB (middle rounds). A high 1st rounder should either be a QB or a guy that will make an immediate impact (Zeke).

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
or a guy that will make an immediate impact (Zeke)
You should in the future modify the bolded to "could." Could IF, Dallas really saw the running game as a primary weapon. They don't, so Zeke has little chance of making a immediate impact.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
You should in the future modify the bolded to "could." Could IF, Dallas really saw the running game as a primary weapon. They don't, so Zeke has little chance of making a immediate impact.

You're absolutely right, COULD not will. That's why I expect Ramsey will be the guy they pick.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
You're absolutely right, COULD not will. That's why I expect Ramsey will be the guy they pick.
Wouldn't surprise me if they did actually pick Zeke - THE most complete NFL-ready back to come up in the draft in years - then not use him much, having him sitting behind McFadden for at least the first year.

onlyonenow

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Tim Couch, Brady Quinn, Weedman, Manzella.... Cleveland is where college quarterbacks go to DIE.
They last hit on a QB in 1985 with Bernie Kosar. Since then they have picked the wrong one whether in the draft or FA

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
The Cowboys have a private workout with Prescott today. Here's his comments following his DUI arrest:

"I take complete responsibility for my actions," Prescott said this week in a statement. "I'm very remorseful for my misjudgment. I want to apologize to my true supporters, my family, Mississippi State, the NFL, and the kids who look up to me. I won't ask for forgiveness; however, I'll show the true man I am and exhibit my character through my actions and behavior moving forward."

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Cowboys also are said to have a private workout with Connor Cook coming up, although I don't know the date.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Dez Bryant endorses Jalen Ramsey as Cowboys' top pick

By Chase Goodbread
College Football 24/7 writer
Published: March 19, 2016 at 04:28 p.m.
Updated: March 19, 2016 at 05:59 p.m.

Dez Bryant doesn't get to sit in the Dallas Cowboys' GM chair, but he's not afraid to say what he would do if he did.

The club's star wide receiver wants the Cowboys to draft Florida State defensive back Jalen Ramsey with the No. 4 overall pick of the 2016 NFL Draft, according to Tim MacMahon of ESPN.

If the team were to take Ramsey, it would be the second consecutive season the club will have invested a first-round pick in the secondary. Last year, Dallas chose Byron Jones of UConn at No. 27 overall, and he delivered an impressive rookie season. Like Jones, Ramsey has the versatility to play multiple positions in the defensive backfield.

But will Ramsey even be available for Bryant to cross his fingers for?

Four NFL Media analysts don't think so.

Analysts Bucky Brooks and Charles Davis are projecting Ramsey to be the No. 1 overall pick of the Tennessee Titans, while Daniel Jeremiah sees Ramsey going No. 2 to the Cleveland Browns, and Lance Zierlein projects him at No. 3 to the San Diego Chargers.

Team owner Jerry Jones said earlier this month that the Cowboys will not draft a quarterback at No. 4 overall to satisfy its need to find a young quarterback to groom behind aging veteran Tony Romo. That doesn't exactly narrow things down much, but Bryant's call for Ramsey would add a dynamic presence who could help the club at cornerback, safety or nickelback.

Dallas' pass defense ranked No. 5 in the NFL last year in yards allowed, but its eight interceptions tied for 30th.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Baldinger: Ezekiel Elliott could be draft's best player, Cowboys should take him

By Chase Goodbread
College Football 24/7 writer
Published: March 19, 2016 at 06:46 p.m.
Updated: March 19, 2016 at 07:02 p.m.

Could the Dallas Cowboys get the best player in the 2016 NFL Draft after three prospects have already come off the board?

Could, and should, says NFL Media analyst Brian Baldinger

The 13-year NFL veteran, who played for the Cowboys in his first five seasons as a pro, believes Ohio State running back Ezekiel Elliott could be the prize of the entire draft, and finds the Buckeyes' two-time 1,800-yard rusher to be a nice fit in Dallas.

"I think he might be the best overall player in the whole draft. I don't think I'm overstating that. I think his tape shows that," Baldinger said on NFL Network. "(I thought) When (Dallas) could not figure out a way to keep DeMarco Murray last year, that this team was going to go down, and they did. They went from 12-4 to 4-12. A lot of things happened, however, I think with that offensive line and the way they want to play football -- nothing against what (Darren) McFadden did (last) year, but we know his injury history -- they need a stud at that position. I think what their offensive success is predicated on."

Analysts Bucky Brooks and Charles Davis project Elliott to the Cowboys as well, while Daniel Jeremiah and Lance Zierlein see him sliding to the Philadelphia Eagles at No. 8 overall.

Behind one of the NFL's most physical offensive lines last year, McFadden enjoyed the second-best season of his eight-year pro career with 1,089 yards. As Baldinger alluded to, however, it was also just the second time in his career he's played 16 regular-season games.

If Dallas were to take Elliott at No. 4, it would be the highest draft pick spent on a running back since the Cleveland Browns chose Trent Richardson No. 3 overall in 2012.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
This guy does a lot of good things and he has great size.

[video=youtube;7s0KiubyLvA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7s0KiubyLvA[/video]

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
They seem to be spending a lot of time on this guy. I have to say I honestly don't see what for. This guy looks like a 6th or 7th rd draft pick to me.

One of my first rules of Youtube scouting for QB's is if most of the highlights are running plays, there's something wrong. On throws, he has a funny looking release to me and most of his throws don't appear to have much zip on them. There's a few examples where he places it well for the receiver but there's also several on here where he got lucky.

[video=youtube;ajFuwOiuIXA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajFuwOiuIXA[/video]

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Broaddus has mentioned this guy a few times now since the end of the season. Said he watched the Clemson game and Blair stood out in that one. There's also a couple clips in here of him vs Michigan.

[video=youtube;38Ytur9w6Y8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38Ytur9w6Y8[/video]

onlyonenow

In the Rotation
Reaction score
They seem to be spending a lot of time on this guy. I have to say I honestly don't see what for. This guy looks like a 6th or 7th rd draft pick to me.

One of my first rules of Youtube scouting for QB's is if most of the highlights are running plays, there's something wrong. On throws, he has a funny looking release to me and most of his throws don't appear to have much zip on them. There's a few examples where he places it well for the receiver but there's also several on here where he got lucky.

yeah I do not see what all the fuss is about him. And yeah he said the right words about his DUI but that is all they are-words.

I had a scary thought; what if the reason the Boys are spending so much time with him is because Jerruh has a man crush on him like he did Manzell?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Another really solid LDE prospect.

[video=youtube;VvJM8WonpMA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvJM8WonpMA[/video]

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

Michigan QB Jake Rudock turned a lot of heads at pro day

By Gil Brandt
NFL Media senior analyst
Published: March 18, 2016 at 04:25 p.m.
Updated: March 18, 2016 at 08:22 p.m.

Representatives from 32 NFL teams -- including defensive line coaches from the Cincinnati Bengals, New England Patriots and New York Jets, a defensive backs coach from the Detroit Lions and an offensive line coach from the Indianapolis Colts -- were on hand for Michigan's pro day on Friday.

There were 17 Michigan players, as well as players from Eastern Michigan, Michigan Tech and Ferris State, on hand for the workout.

Quarterback Jake Rudock -- 6-foot-3, 207 pounds -- turned a lot of heads today with his pro-day workout. Rudock ran the 40-yard dash in 4.85 and 4.91 seconds. He had a 29-inch vertical and 9-foot-3 broad jump. He did the 20-yard short shuttle in 4.31 seconds and the three-cone drill in 7.06 seconds. Michigan's passing game coordinator/quarterbacks and wide receivers coach Jedd Fisch -- who is a future head coach at the college level -- had a scripted workout for Rudock, and let the scouts on hand know ahead of time what throws would be involved so they could follow along. Rudock had a good, not great, arm. He was very accurate in his pro-day workout.

Offensive lineman Graham Glasgow -- 6-6 1/8, 307 -- stood on his numbers from the NFL Scouting Combine. Colts assistant offensive line coach Joe Gilbert put Glasgow through his positional workout. Glasgow's best position is at center.

Defensive tackle Willie Henry -- 6-3, 297 -- also stood on his combine numbers. The Bengals' defensive line coach put Henry through a brutal workout; they really made him sweat. Henry looked good, and showed that he is really sudden in his movement.

Fullback Joe Kerridge -- 6-0, 245 -- ran the 40 in 4.81 and 4.86 seconds. He had a 34 1/2-inch vertical and 9-foot-9 broad jump. He did the short shuttle in 4.23 seconds and the three-cone in 7.05 seconds. He performed 24 reps of 225 pounds on the bench press. He was described as a very good hands catcher, and impressed everybody with how well he can catch the ball as a fullback.

Defensive back Jarrod Wilson -- 6-1 1/4, 209 -- ran the 40 in 4.55 and 4.59 seconds. He had a 36-inch vertical and 9-foot-10 broad jump. He did the short shuttle in 4.34 seconds and the three-cone drill in 7.0 seconds. He also had 17 lifts.

Eastern Michigan running back Darius Jackson -- 6-1, 220 -- ran the 40 in 4.35 and 4.38 seconds. He had a 41-inch vertical and 11-foot-1 broad jump. He did the short shuttle in 4.27 seconds and the three-cone drill in 6.82 seconds. Jackson is from Sparta, Ill., and wanted to be a baseball player. He went to EMU because the school promised that he could play both baseball and football. Jackson ultimately decided that football was his cup of tea. Jackson -- who had 1,078 yards and 14 touchdowns rushing in 2015 -- had a dynamite pro-day workout, and could be a late-round selection in the 2016 NFL Draft.

Ferris State defensive tackle Justin Zimmer -- 6-2 5/8, 302 -- ran the 40 in 4.88 and 4.85 seconds. He had a 32-inch vertical and 9-foot-9 broad jump. He did the short shuttle in 4.4 seconds and the three-cone drill in 7.01 seconds. Zimmer put the bar up an astonishing 44 times on the bench press (the top number at this year's combine was 34, posted by Arizona State's Christian Westerman). Zimmer had a great workout at the pro day, and could be a free-agent possibility for a team following the draft.

Ferris State wide receiver Jake Lampman -- 5-11 1/4, 200 -- ran the 40 in 4.47 seconds (he only ran it once). He had a 39-inch vertical and 10-foot-2 broad jump. He did the short shuttle in 4.35 seconds and the three-cone drill in 6.76 seconds. He performed 27 reps on the bench press. Lampman has very good ball skills, and caught the ball well in his positional workout. He is also a a free-agent pickup possibility for an NFL team.

Michigan Tech defensive lineman Tanner Agen -- 6-2 3/4, 301 -- ran the 40 in 5.2 and 5.25 seconds. He had a 28 1/2-inch vertical and 8-foot-11 broad jump. He did the short shuttle in 4.68 seconds and the three-cone drill in 7.7 seconds. He also put the bar up an impressive 42 times on the bench press. Agen is a rookie free-agent possibility for a team following the draft.

Michigan's pro day was very well-organized, and the scouts had specifically made super sub sandwiches for lunch.

Follow Gil Brandt on Twitter @Gil_Brandt.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

I completely agree and will add that he seems to take off and run way to soon. I didn't see him step up into the pocket one single time. Almost like he'd prefer to run then actually throw. Didn't look like we even went through all his check downs before taking off.

Then when it comes to actually throwing the ball I only saw him throw into cover 2-3 times. Other than that the other 10-15 throws were to wide open receivers. Unless his guy is wide fucking open right off the line he will tuck the ball and run.

If he's not willing or able to throw into cover he wont make it in the NFL and sure as fuck ain't gonna make it as a Cowboy. With Garret designed plays the is no such thing as wide open!

Last edited:

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
yeah I do not see what all the fuss is about him. And yeah he said the right words about his DUI but that is all they are-words.

I had a scary thought; what if the reason the Boys are spending so much time with him is because Jerruh has a man crush on him like he did Manzell?

He had the same man crush on a running QB from Georgia several years ago that had a substance abuse problem... Quincy Carter

Top Bottom