Reaction score
Broaddus blurbs:

On who could be brought in to sure up the cornerbacks:

“I was watching a kid named Marcus Peters from Washington yesterday and he’s a guy that — a couple different programs, some negative things about him, but when you watch him play, he’s a very talented guy. He got kicked off the team. Supposedly he choked one of his coaches. The people at Washington say that’s true. There’s all kinds of rumors and speculation about him. I’ll tell you this though. Him and the Waynes kid from Michigan State, I think the Waynes kid is a much better player, Trae Waynes is his name. People have got him somewhere in his top 15, if he were to somehow slide down — those are two guys, two of the corners early that I’ve seen that are both press-man corners. Both are comfortable doing that. With Rod he seems to be playing more press-man stuff, we’ll see if he does even more next year.”

On the backup quarterback situation:

“Last year when we were talking about this, there were options all the way into the fourth round, whether it was the Georgia kid, Mettenberger, A.J. McCarron, there was all these guys that you could say, ‘Hey maybe that would be a good developmental guy in the fourth round. I just don’t get the feeling initially here there’s that type of a player there, whether it’s a Garoppolo or (someone else). I think you don’t want to sit there and say, ‘OK, we’re going to take a sixth-round guy and that will be our guy.’ I think if you’re going to take a quarterback you take him up high and go from there, but I don’t see that name initially here.”

Reaction score
broaddus said:
I think you don’t want to sit there and say, ‘OK, we’re going to take a sixth-round guy and that will be our guy.’ I think if you’re going to take a quarterback you take him up high and go from there, but I don’t see that name initially here.”

Odd that he feels that way considering he used to be a scout for the Packers, and the success they had taking quarterbacks late almost every year.

Reaction score
QB guru responds to speculation that Winston is out of shape

2/15/2015 9:09:00 AM

A photo circulating on social media Saturday led to speculation about just what kind of shape Jameis Winston is in as he prepares for next week's NFL Scouting Combine.

According to QB guru George Whitfield, who is coaching Winston in his preparation for the combine, says the speculation about Winston's fitness is much ado about nothing, Dan Parr of NFL.com reports.

"The photo of Jameis was taken in early-mid January," Whitfield told The Big Lead. "If people are saying he looks out of shape -- well, did they notice he had the leash tight around his waist? That may have had something to do with it. Jameis is in shape and doing great. Anyone saying he's out of shape, they can check him out at the combine this week."

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I don't think I can remember a guy who has "train wreck" written all over him more than this guy. But some team will ignore it because of his physical talent. I wonder which dumb club it will be.

Reaction score
I don't think I can remember a guy who has "train wreck" written all over him more than this guy. But some team will ignore it because of his physical talent. I wonder which dumb club it will be.
He's going number one. So Tampa, or someone that trades up to get him.

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
If I'm Tampa I'm not touching Winston. Probably go with Mariota. He might not be as physically gifted as Winston but he's safer mentally. Too many character concerns for me to take Winston number 1.

Iamtdg

Reaction score
If I'm Tampa I'm not touching Winston. Probably go with Mariota. He might not be as physically gifted as Winston but he's safer mentally. Too many character concerns for me to take Winston number 1.

Why you gotta be so crabby about Winston?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAH

~wipes tears from eyes~

Reaction score
I don't think Tampa *should* take Winston number one. I'm just fairly convinced they will right now. Things could change between now and the draft, but if the draft were tomorrow, I'd be shocked if they passed on him. They don't have the system for Mariota, and Lovie isn't going to tailor the offense to him. And I seriously doubt they pass on a QB in Round 1... They gonna try to fill their QB black hole with a Day Two QB? Nah.

They may trade down and hope he drops... but if they really want him, why would they take that chance?

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
What a horrible year to have such a desperate need at QB and hold the top pick.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Was sitting here at home and nothing else was on TV, so I had the combine on and just saw the Jameis press conference. Now I think pep's right and Tampa will take him. Still don't think the kid gets it at all, but he sort of has that snake oil salesman smiling persona with a sort of youthful naive confidence that I think people will buy.

Reaction score
Jaguars interested in moving out of No. 3 pick

The last two years, Jaguars general manager Dave Caldwell stayed at Nos. 2 and 3 to draft left tackle Luke Joeckel and quarterback Blake Bortles, respectively, as opposed to moving down.

The Jaguars are again drafting third this year and Caldwell said this morning at the Scouting Combine a trade-down scenario could be enticing, Ryan O'Halloran of the Florida Times-Union reports.

“I feel more open to it this year because we don’t need to have a guy come in and start,” Caldwell said. “We had no margin for error the last two years. We had to draft them and start them.”

Caldwell said it could go down to the wire in knowing if a deal can be made.

“You probably know maybe the few minutes you’re on the clock, for the most part,” he said. “Last year, Buffalo wanted to trade up for Sammy Watkins and that came out of nowhere. Certain teams are different. Some will say, ‘Hey, we have a significant interest in coming up and this is what we want to do.’ Other teams that will wait for the last minute and that’s more difficult.”

jnday

UDFA
Reaction score
The Jags will trade the pick to the Eagles so that Chip can get his QB

Top Bottom