dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Jeff George threw better than Montana. The QB position is more than throwing.

he threw harder and further, but he didn't throw better...and obviously Montana didn't have a 10 cent brain

but it also takes more than just being "smart" to be a good QB...

just my opinion these spread option run around QB's are not "franchise QB's" or good enough passers...no way I'd use a high pick on one of them if I were running a team

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Dupree from Kentucky would look awfully nice on our DL with Crawford and Lawrence

Probably will be long gone before we pick though

Reaction score
Jaworski: "I would not take Winston No.1"
Mar
3/4/2015 5:15:14 PM Share on emailShare on printShare on twitterShare on facebookShare on myspaceShare on stumbleuponShare on digg| More Sharing ServicesMore

Former NFL quarterback and current ESPN analyst Ron Jaworski had some advice for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers during his appearance on "Mike & Mike" Wednesday morning-don't spend the No.1-overall pick in the draft on Florida State QB Jameis Winston.

“I’ve studied a lot of him, I think Jameis Winston has a big upside in the NFL, but there are some real flaws to his game,” Jaworski said. “Quite honestly, I would not take him at that No. 1 pick.”

Winston has a lot of off-the-field red flags that have had some NFL front offices questioning where to place him on their draft boards but Jaws made it clear he was only talking about his performance on the field. “I’m not talking about the off-the-field stuff. I have no comment on that because I’m not privy to that kind of information. But there are certainly mechanical flaws in his game that are troubling to me,” Jaworski said.

Winston did not run as fast or throw quite as well as Oregon QB Marcus Mariota at the NFL Scouting Combine but was said to wow teams (and NFL Network's Steve Mariucci) in interview sessions. All signs still point to the Bucs making Winston the new face of their franchise but clearly Jaworski believes they should take a closer look at his game tape before making their final decision.

Reaction score
Pat Kirwin
talked w/Leonard Williams as UFA going on today-He got worked out by Titan D-line coach and said it went real well.looks like a Titan pick@2

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Pat Kirwin
talked w/Leonard Williams as UFA going on today-He got worked out by Titan D-line coach and said it went real well.looks like a Titan pick@2

That's who I'd pick over either QB. I might take Mariotta if I were convinced he'd eventually be great, but I think it's going to take a lot of work for him.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
No way I'd pick either of those QB's early

Leonard Williams, Amari Cooper and Todd Gurley (once healthy) are by far the 3 best players in this draft IMO

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Agree with the dbitch. Nothing at all impressive about the top Qbs in this draft. We've seen it before already with RG3.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
and with the 27th pick, the Dallas Cowboys select......

[video=youtube;LQkHP5BxxMU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQkHP5BxxMU[/video]

jnday

UDFA
Reaction score

I had forgot what it looked like to see a RB run to daylight and have breakaway speed.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Gurley and Gordon being off the board by 27 is a very real possibility.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I had forgot what it looked like to see a RB run to daylight and have breakaway speed.
The "air of danger" type of back that Dorsett and Walker were. Can take it to the house on any given touch.

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score

Sure hope he makes it that far... If not I like Tevin Coleman in the second.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Gurley and Gordon being off the board by 27 is a very real possibility.

Certainly possible. Although its not a guarantee Gurley will be ready to start the season due to his ACL, so some teams might not be inclined to pull the trigger since the RB class does look pretty strong.

Even if both were gone, there are a lot of guys in the 2nd/3rd rd area that could help us. Ajayi, Coleman, Langford, Yeldon, maybe even guys like Davis or Allen

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
what pisses me off is that it should have been defense Defense DEFENSE with the first three picks. now we created an area of need where there wasn't one.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
That was part of the reason I had hoped to keep him, but not at any cost. I'm glad we are being more prudent with the cap and as has been proven for a decade or more now, RB is not a position that is overly difficult to replace.

Murray was a good player and will definitely be missed, but I dont think paying him 8+ mils per yr with 21 mils guaranteed was a good situation either. Especially considering the history of RB's coming off the type of usage he did last yr and with his previous injury history.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
but the new RB (probably) won't be as good and the defense that sorely needed three new young studs in the first three rounds will in all likelihood only get two. kudos to Stephen for holding the line, but there will be negative consequences on the field. and it's not like we're using the Murray savings to re-sign Carter or Durant, or pick up new blood like Hardy, Cromartie, etc.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
but the new RB (probably) won't be as good and the defense that sorely needed three new young studs in the first three rounds will in all likelihood only get two. kudos to Stephen for holding the line, but there will be negative consequences on the field. and it's not like we're using the Murray savings to re-sign Carter or Durant, or pick up new blood like Hardy, Cromartie, etc.

They tried to keep Durant though, but not at 3+ mils per yr.

They looked at Paea and Morgan, but were either of those guys worth (so far) what they got paid on these new deals? Kudos to them for getting them, but signing average to slightly above average players to pretty significant contracts isnt that smart.

I think we all expected Carter and Murray to be gone. Murray they tried to keep but not at 21 mil guaranteed.

Top Bottom