dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
QB Brett Hundley, UCLA (QB #3, Overall #43) Blog

RB Melvin Gordon, Wisconsin (RB #1, Overall #29) Blog
RB Todd Gurley, Georgia (RB #2, Overall #31)
RB Tevin Coleman, Indiana (RB #4, Overall #50) Blog
RB Duke Johnson, Miami (Fla.) (RB #5, Overall #56)
RB Mike Davis, South Carolina (RB #7, Overall #74) Blog
RB Jay Ajayi, Boise State (RB #8, Overall #78) Blog
RB Matt Jones, Florida (RB #12, Overall #135)
RB Josh Robinson, Mississippi State
RB Dee Hart, Colorado State
RB Trey Williams, Texas A&M

WR Jaelen Strong, Arizona State (WR #4, Overall #20) Blog
WR Devin Funchess, Michigan (WR #6, Overall #32) Blog
WR Sammie Coates, Auburn (WR #7, Overall #40) Blog
WR Nelson Agholor, USC (WR #11, Overall #81)
WR Stefon Diggs, Maryland (WR #20, Overall #142)
WR Nigel King, Kansas
WR Shaq Roland, South Carolina
WR Lemar Durant, Simon Fraser

TE Tyler Kroft, Rutgers (TE #4, Overall #117) Blog
TE Maxx Williams, Minnesota (TE #1, Overall #45) Blog
TE Jean Sifrin, Massachusetts

OT Ereck Flowers, Miami (Fla.) (OT #8, Overall #52) Blog
OT Donovan Smith, Penn State Blog
OT D.J. Humphries, Florida
OT Jeremiah Poutasi, Utah Blog

OG Tyler Moore, Florida

DE Randy Gregory, Nebraska (DE #1, Overall #4) Blog
DE Shane Ray, Missouri (DE #2, Overall #8)
DE Eli Harold, Virginia (DE #13, Overall #93) Blog
DE Danielle Hunter, LSU
DE Deion Barnes, Penn State

DT Leonard Williams, USC (DT #1, Overall #2) Blog
DT Jordan Phillips, Oklahoma
DT Christian Covington, Rice
DT Xavier Cooper, Washington State
DT Rakeem Nunez-Roches, Southern Miss

LB Shaq Thompson, Washington (OLB #1, Overall #10) Blog
LB Dante Fowler, Florida (OLB #3, Overall #14) Blog
LB Noah Spence, Ohio State (OLB #27, Overall #324) Blog
LB Kwon Alexander, LSU

CB Trae Waynes, Michigan State (CB #1, Overall #16) Blog
CB Marcus Peters, Washington (CB #3, Overall #33)
CB Alex Carter, Stanford Blog
CB Jalen Collins, LSU
CB Lorenzo Doss, Tulane (CB #11, Overall #96) Blog

S Gerod Holliman, Louisville (FS #1, Overall #34)
S Durell Eskridge, Syracuse (FS #5, Overall #138)
S James Sample, Louisville

Reaction score
Bob Stoops says Dorial Green-Beckham will enter 2015 draft
Jan
1/6/2015 12:54:59 PM
Share on email Share on print Share on twitter Share on facebook Share on myspace Share on stumbleupon Share on digg | More Sharing ServicesMore
Oklahoma coach Bob Stoops announced Tuesday during his end-of-the-season press conference that Dorial Green-Beckham will declare for the NFL Draft, Bryan Fischer of NFL.com reports.

A series of off-the-field incidents, including two marijuana-related arrests and a burglary investigation in which he was not charged but allegedly pushed a woman down some stairs, led to his dismissal from the Missouri football team. He was denied an NCAA waiver that would have allowed him to play right away with the Sooners and instead spent all of the 2014 season on the scout team.

"Hopefully this has helped him moved forward in a positive direction," Stoops said of Green-Beckham's time at Oklahoma. "He could have been a big piece going forward but obviously that didn't work out that way."

Green-Beckham's decision to declare for the draft is somewhat surprising to those that thought he would stick with the Sooners for the 2015 season to showcase his ability after an up-and-down career at Missouri. However, Stoops made several offensive staff changes this offseason, including letting go of wide receivers coach/co-offensive coordinator Jay Norvell, and that might have prompted Green-Beckham to leave the program for professional football earlier than expected

Don't forget to follow us on Twitter at http://twitter.com/theredzoneorg

Like us on Facebook at http://facebook.com/The

Reaction score
I did like what I saw of Melvin Gordon in his bowl game. Wouldn't touch Josh Robinson.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I did like what I saw of Melvin Gordon in his bowl game. Wouldn't touch Josh Robinson.

This looks to be a pretty strong RB class. In addition, its a decent class of free agent RB's. Should help to further mitigate what a potential new deal for Murray would cost. But if he laves for bigger $$, we have options.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Bama's Cooper, Yeldon & Collins to enter draft
Updated: January 8, 2015, 1:19 PM ET
By Alex Scarborough | ESPN.com Tags:

Landon Collins Alabama junior receiver Amari Cooper and junior running back T.J. Yeldon plan to leave school early and declare for the NFL draft, sources told ESPN.com's Chris Low, joined by junior safety Landon Collins, according to his mother, April Justin.

Cooper had 16 touchdown catches this season, the most by an SEC player since Reidel Anthony set the conference record with 18 in 1996.

Cooper is the No. 4 overall prospect in the 2015 NFL draft class -- and top wide receiver -- according to ESPN's Scouts Inc.

Collins was a first-team All-SEC choice after leading Alabama in tackles with 103. He was second on the team with 10 passes defended.

ESPN's Scouts Inc. lists Collins as the No. 10 overall prospect and No. 1 safety in the 2015 class.

Yahoo! Sports earlier reported the news on Collins, citing sources.

Yeldon, meanwhile, had 932 rushing yards and 10 touchdowns on the year, just missing his third straight 1,000-yard season. Yeldon is the draft's No. 6 running back prospect and No. 49 overall.

Information from ESPN.com's Chris Low was used in this report.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Could be of interest to our Cowboys when we are on the clock at #32, probably look pretty good next to Crawford next year.

Malcom Brown to skip senior season

Updated: January 8, 2015, 5:37 PM ET

By Max Olson | ESPN.com

Texas junior defensive tackle Malcom Brown announced Thursday he has elected to forego his senior season and enter the NFL draft.

Brown earned consensus All-America honors after leading the Longhorns with 15 tackles for loss and 6.5 sacks. He informed Texas coach Charlie Strong of his decision on Wednesday.

"Malcom had an unbelievable season and was a lot of fun to coach," Strong said in a statement. "He's a tremendous football player and a great young man who has a really bright future ahead of him. I know the decision was a difficult one, but we had some really good talks. He has our support and we wish him the best as he prepares for the NFL."

The decision to go pro was an expected one throughout Brown's breakout season. The 6-foot-2, 320-pound lineman is married with two children and hopes to be drafted in the first two rounds to support his family.

"Coach (Chris) Rumph talked to me right after the (Advocare V100 Texas Bowl), and I talked to my wife about it," Brown said in a statement. "Then I went and saw Coach Strong yesterday, and we had a good talk about it. I decided to enter the 2015 draft, and that's what everyone thinks is best.

"It wasn't an easy decision because a lot went into it. My wife has school, I have school, and moving the kids around. I got everyone's input on it, but at the end of the day, it's my decision and that's what I came to."

The ESPN.com Big 12 Defensive Player of the Year started 26 games and recorded 165 tackles and 28.5 tackles for loss in three seasons at Texas.

"I'm always going to come back here," Brown said. "This is a great place with good people. I'm leaving good friends behind and created good bonds with people over the time I've been here. I'm always going to bleed orange and I'm always going to be support this program."

cmd34(work)

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Although there are more exciting players available that I hope somehow slip to us (Shaq Thompson), I'd be okay with Malcolm Brown or Washington's Danny Shelton being our 1st round pick. Either would be a huge upgrade over try hard but talent-limited Nick Hayden.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
News on someone going back for SR yr:

MSU_Football Spartan Football
Shilique Calhoun announces he will return for his senior season at MSU. "I look forward to having another great year at Michigan State."

Reaction score
Trent Dilfer, one of the best analysts out there IMO, just said Mariotta is a first round talent but not a first round player. Said he's a developmental player. Said he takes too long determining secondary options. Would be best served going to a team and sitting for a year.

I caught the tail end of the segment so I might have missed some other things he said. But found that interesting.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Another early pick staying:

Ourlads_Shonka Dan Shonka
Our top rated OT #RonnieStanley is returning for his senior year at #NotreDame

cockstrong

UDFA
Reaction score
Jordan PhillipsDallas Cowboys (12-4)

COLLEGE: OklahomaClass: SophHT: 6-5WT: 334POS: DT

Analysis: The Dallas defensive line held up reasonably well this season with merely OK talent, but a lot of that had to do with how much the efficient offense was able to keep it off the field and fresh. The unit isn't going to simply get better unless it adds more talent. Phillips is still pretty raw, but he's got tremendous upside. At 6-foot-6, when you see him run you can barely fathom that he's carrying more than 330 pounds. Put a kid like this under the tutelage of Rod Marinelli and you could end up with something truly special. Dallas needs to prioritize defense in this draft after getting the offense where it needs to be, and Phillips is a reasonable upside play.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
How productive on the field has this kid been?

And only a redshirt soph?

Sounds from that write up like a taller version of Dontari Poe

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
AlexS_ESPN Alex Scarborough
Alabama announces that both LB Reggie Ragland and DL Jarran Reed will return next season. Two big pieces for the Tide defense.

Top Bottom