dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
LOL Chip Kelly

RichCimini Rich Cimini
Random free agency note: Eagles could be first team in history not to return its leading rusher (McCoy) and leading receiver (Maclin): Elias

Not like either of these guys is over the hill overrated guys past their prime or something either

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Peters had 5 sacks in 2013 as fyi.

Probably a better fit at 4-3 DT than in the 3-4. 6'3, 305 and 26 yrs old

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Pro Football Talk reports that the Cowboys feel Murray’s success was due more to their strong offensive line than his individual skills.
I have to call BS on this. Murray's average yards per carry has stayed pretty much the same his entire career. Even when you feed him the ball 400 times. Is this chicken and the egg?

Murrary was here before the "strong offensive line" was. So, is his increased production merely the product of more carries? The math says it is - and maybe if Dallas had been giving him the ball alot more starting in his second year we might have seen similar results team wide to what we saw last year. Better defense because seeing alot less snaps, better 3rd down conversion percentage because relying less on the pass and getting shorter yardage to go on 3rd down, and very likely your offensive line gels and has success and you don't spend three first round picks on it - because it doesn't have the perception of being "bad" when year after year you have a 1,500 yard running back.

Does anyone here think Murray doesn't get more yards and have his average stay about the same, if he gets 100 more carries in 2011, 12 and 13?

If his YPC average had taken a significant dip upon the introduction of more workload, then you might have a case for the "great offensive line carrying him." It didn't, so you don't.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Also, saw where the Texans are saying they are signing Hoyer - does this mean Cleveland is going with Johnny Futon as their starter in 2015?

Reaction score
RichCimini Rich Cimini
Random free agency note: Eagles could be first team in history not to return its leading rusher (McCoy) and leading receiver (Maclin): Elias
So, like, that idea that we could have let Dez and Murray go...? literally never happened before the Eagles just did it. It's cool though, we would have just had Dunbar and TWill pick up the slack.

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
@RapSheet: Former #Falcons DT Corey Peters is telling people he’ll head to the #Cardinals for roughly $3M per year

Reaction score
I used to have a boner for free agency and the draft. Now I just don't give a shit. Tell me if we sign anybody I've ever heard of.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
I don't think we need to sign anyone because Garrett goes to basketball practices.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm hearing they wont sign anyone today. I'll keep checking with my colleagues though to keep you informed.

Reaction score
@clarencehilljr: Per a source, don't expect any action from cowboys on first day of free agency. His exact words "y'all are going to get bored waiting on us"

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I don't think we need to sign anyone because Garrett goes to basketball practices.

Exactly, while playoff caliber teams waste their time adding "talent", Garrett is mastering the 2-3 trapping zone. Deal with that Belichick!

Top Bottom