bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Parnell signs with the Jags for 6.5 mill per. :lol

6.5 M for a "competent" backup right tackle? holy shit that's insane. just because you have cap room doesn't mean you're obligated to overpay.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Weren't the Jags one of those teams that were way under the cap floor and literally had to spend a bunch of money?

Not saying Parnell is the best use of it, but that may explain part of this.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Report: Talk that Murray is re-signing with Cowboys.

By Larry Brown

Good news, Cowboys fans: It looks like DeMarco Murray might be returning to Big D.

Yahoo Sports’ Charles Robinson reports that the talk around the league from several sources is that Murray will re-sign with the Cowboys.

Murray, a third-round pick by the Cowboys in 2011, led the league with 1,845 rushing yards last season. He also posted 13 touchdowns and 416 receiving yards.

Despite his strong stats and excellent season, Pro Football Talk reports that the Cowboys feel Murray’s success was due more to their strong offensive line than his individual skills. PFT also says the rest of the league appears to share the same belief, which would result in a soft free agent market for Murray.

Murray reportedly is willing to give the Cowboys a hometown discount, so it sounds like that may end up happening.

Reaction score
Stephen Paea says he's headed for Redskins

Mar 9

Former Bears defensive tackle Stephen Paea has told people that he will land with the Redskins when free agency launches Tuesday, Ian Rapoport of NFL Network reports via Marc Sessler of NFL.com. Paea has been on Washington's radar for weeks.

In 2014, Paea had six sacks while finishing fifth in the NFL at his position with 31 quarterback hurries.

Paea logged 40 starts over four years with the Bears, who selected the defensive lineman in the second round of the 2011 NFL Draft.

Reaction score
Not bothered by the failure to sign this guy. He would've been an upgrade, but who wouldn't be? Besides, Washington probably overpaid him so good thing we didnt get into a bidding war.

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
Not bothered by the failure to sign this guy. He would've been an upgrade, but who wouldn't be? Besides, Washington probably overpaid him so good thing we didnt get into a bidding war.

I agree.. Seeing how much some of these players are getting overpaid I'm glad we're staying realistic to our cap situation.

I'd still like to see us bargain shop and find some role players but I have no problem taking it to the draft to find our future stars.

Reaction score
The Eagles have signed Graham to a new contract today. Ian Rapoport of NFL Network reports that it’s a four-year, $26 million contract with $14 million guaranteed.

Iamtdg

Reaction score
If Aldon Smith weren't such a screwup, it'd be tempting to make a play for him (Haley Phase 2).

He's the one that really hurts from all this. His contract is heavy with incentives. The front 7 being weakened like this will most likely cost him money.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
The Eagles have signed Graham to a new contract today. Ian Rapoport of NFL Network reports that it’s a four-year, $26 million contract with $14 million guaranteed.

5yrs...120 total tackles...17 career sacks

Chip Kelly= GENIUS!

Reaction score
Didn't see it in this thread yet....

cmd's boy Ryan Mallett re-upped with the Texans for 2 years, $7 mil.

Reaction score
5yrs...120 total tackles...17 career sacks

Chip Kelly= GENIUS!

Not defending the move, but I think Graham was struggling early in his career and bloomed late. I know he was a problem for us when we played them.

Top Bottom