Reaction score
I see people speculating that the Saints now have 2 first round picks that they can use to trade for Dez.

Saints do seem a little low in the playmaker department.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Wanted to sign a big free agent to help the defense, but Chip is making this FA period extremely entertaining for me.
The whole league is entertaining this year. I don't remember a year with this much craziness in the first half hour of FA.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
The whole league is entertaining this year. I don't remember a year with this much craziness in the first half hour of FA.

True.

We didn't do much of anything last year and improved, I'm thinking more of the same and 13/14 wins.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
I'm not sure what I'd think about trading Dez.

Terrance Williams as your #1 is a gigantic step backward. Unless there's an awesome WR in this draft that I haven't been paying attention to.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm not as big a Dez fan as some, so maybe I'd be okay with losing him for two firsts. But it would all depend on where those firsts are. If they're high picks, it could be worth it. If they're low picks, they could be bottom of the first Bobby Carp/Marcus Spears type players, which would be a disaster.

Seriously doubt anyone goes after him, though.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
You'd assuredly have to sign a stopgap #1 WR. A guy capable of putting up 1k yards and 8-10 TDs.

Andre Johnson on a 2year deal or something like that. Idk.

Theres no way they are trading away Dez, IMO. A controversial call a way from maybe being in the NFCCG, then go into the next season with Dez and Murray? Nah.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
I see people speculating that the Saints now have 2 first round picks that they can use to trade for Dez.

but it would cost them their first rounder (13th overall) and their first rounder next year, which might also be high. the pick from Seattle wouldn't factor in.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
but it would cost them their first rounder (13th overall) and their first rounder next year, which might also be high. the pick from Seattle wouldn't factor in.

Forgot about that.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
But the Saints could look at it like the first they acquired would sort of replace the one they lost in the trade.

It is a very low first, though -- obviously worth way less than #13.

Reaction score
I know we've done better the last couple years, but I dont trust us to hit on the two firsts we would get for Dez

Reaction score

You mean to sign him to an offer sheet and give up 2 firsts because of the tag, or just like a sign and trade? Because we don't have the ability to trade him right now... until he signs the tender.

If they sign him to an offer sheet, then they would give up 2 firsts, but just one this year. Then I assume they would have to give up their first instead of Seattle's (13 vs. 31).

But what if we did a sign and trade, got their two firsts, signed Demarco... We'd have RB filled and 3 first rounders. Win.

Reaction score
Guess Dwayne Harris to the Giants.

Meh, always thought he was way overrated by some of our fans.

Okay...BUT...in the oft repeated chorus that Garrett has no clue what he is doing with the talent on the team, Harris would make a great slot or underneath route runner for a scheme that quickly gets the ball into the skill position player for YAC. A scheme like...like...like the WCO that the Giants currently run. He makes good decisions in the open field and is fearless. Harris does not really make sense for the distance route/finesse game. He does make sense grinding out lateral plays, slants and quick hitches to the tune of 60 catches and many first downs.

Top Bottom