cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Here's how it works on most sidelines.

Especially in crunch time.

Offensive Coordinator calls a play over the headset, the head coach goes with that play or calls his own.

OC will say let's go ASU 53 here. HC will say I think RHINO NAU27 will work here. The call is RHINO NAU 27.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
on a positive note, by fantasy team won by a landslide this week...107pt ass whooping

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
The homer in me wants to mention that in 1995, we got swept by the 6-10 Redskins

Also feel compelled to mention the Steelers were blown out by the Browns and lost at home to Tampa, before bitch slapping the Colts

KC lost at home to the Titans in week one.

Cabal- feel better now?

Reaction score
At some point you have to give credit to the Skins. They wanted it. McCoy was great. Jackson is still explosive. Gruden/Haslett outcoached the Cowboys.

pdom

UDFA
Reaction score
The homer in me wants to mention that in 1995, we got swept by the 6-10 Redskins

Also feel compelled to mention the Steelers were blown out by the Browns and lost at home to Tampa, before bitch slapping the Colts

Cabal- feel better now?

If we lost playing our game, I'd be alright with it. We 'saved' Murray and never dominated the Redskins. We got cute. It was apparent that our passing game wasn't hitting on all cylinders, but we didn't run it down their throats.

Even without Murray's 51 yard carry, he was averaging 5.0 yards per carry.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score

Cabal- feel better now?

This loss shouldn't mean squat if the team is any good, what happens going forward will be what really matters. If they continue to get torched by the blitz and the defense gets worse, then its probably one and done in the playoffs unless they completely fall off the cliff and miss the playoffs altogether

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm just saying. Linehan was the one calling the plays tonight. He's been doing it since week 1.

I get it. But the HC has to relay what he wants in those situations and the OC makes the call based on what the HC wants. You can't be a clapping fucking seal all game and be a spectator on the sidelines. I mean, at some point, you have to be the head coach.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
Maybe tonight was the start of an epic collapse toward 8-8 and Garrett's firing?

Mr.Po

Reaction score
ESPN Stats & Information

Who would have thought entering the season that Colt McCoy and Brandon Weeden would be duking it out in the 4th quarter of a MNF game? McCoy was the Browns primary starter from 2010-11, while Weeden took the job primarily in 2012-13. Both were bad. [-]
Offense With Browns as Primary Starting QB

McCoy '10-11 Weeden '12-13
W-L 6-15 5-15
TD-Int 20-20 23-26
Sacked 55 55
Total QBR 41.3 26.2.

The Cowboys are 17-1 when DeMarco Murray has 20 or more carries and 8-19 when he has fewer than 20. He carried the ball 19 times, his fewest in a game this season. [-]
Cowboys Win Pct - By DeMarco Murray Rushes in Game
W-L
19 or fewer* .296 8-19
20 or more . 944 17-1
* 19 carries Monday (1st time under 20 this season)

..................................................................................................

DeSean Jackson and Dez Bryant got it done in very different ways during the first half of MNF. Bryant was targeted an average of 5.3 air yards downfield including a touchdown caught behind the line of scrimmage. Jackson was targeted an average of 28.7 air yards downfield.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Cabal- feel better now?

It doesn't make me feel any better. In a league where one game means playing in the playoffs or sitting at home watching them, this one was big. We're not good enough to throw games away against Colt McCoy.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Postgame show saying Murray pretty much went on a rampage in the locker room after the game. He was seriously pissed, ranting and banging his helmet into the wall.

Dude speculated he was mad about not getting the ball more, especially at the end of the game. Just his speculation, but not hard to believe.

Manster7588

Cheerleader
Reaction score
I don't want them to make any moves after what I saw tonight.

Just keep the picks, hope Lawrence and a healthier Melton & Crawford can get the pass rush going the 2nd half of the season.

Marinelli needs to just stop it with the zone coverages too.

Agree. We aren't a player away from a SB. Build on what we have.

Reaction score
Arizona is a very good football team. There's no guarantee we recover coming off a short week. I still don't see any way we lose more than 4 of the remaining games though.

Would be hilarious if we dropped one to the Jags going into our bye week though. Cowboysown might shut down.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
The Cowboys are 17-1 when DeMarco Murray has 20 or more carries and 8-19 when he has fewer than 20. He carried the ball 19 times,

What sucks is the 20th carry (on 2nd and 2) was probably the most obvious call all season. He's your workhorse, you keep giving him the ball, especially when your QB is clearly hurt. If Murray is stopped on 2nd and 2, then you can pass.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Would be hilarious if we dropped one to the Jags going into our bye week though. Cowboysown might shut down.

You lack faith in their ability to excuse.

Jet lag and "it's Jacksonville's Super Bowl" come to mind.

Reaction score
What sucks is the 20th carry (on 2nd and 2) was probably the most obvious call all season. He's your workhorse, you keep giving him the ball, especially when your QB is clearly hurt. If Murray is stopped on 2nd and 2, then you can pass.

Prior to OT, they should not have passed at the goal line after Murray's big run either. Punch it in or at least go play action there. A touchdown on the goal line there probably deflates the Skins enough to the win the game.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Prior to OT, they should not have passed at the goal line after Murray's big run either. Punch it in or at least go play action there. A touchdown on the goal line there probably deflates the Skins enough to the win the game.

That's why I want them to stop with this comparison of the 90's Cowboys. Garrett is no Jimmy Johnson. Johnson would never pass the ball on the goal line when he has Emmitt.

If anything irks me more is passing on the goal line when you have the best RB in the game.

Top Bottom