Reaction score
6 and 2 is better than I thought would be but Garrett is still exactly the same coach. No real authority whether it's a rogue QB he can't get to run the ball (bs) or an owner who feels the need to go back and forth between the sideline and owner's box.

The shine is off and I'm not sure if we beat Arizona next week. Apparently, if a defense is aggressive and just wants to blitz us, we have to let them keep doing it.
After this performance, I'd like to think the offense spends the week looking at how to beat the blitz. That's what good coaching would do... so I expect the same problems next week.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Good news is. At least we didn't look as bad as the Bengals did two weeks ago, and they rebounded nicely against a tough opponent this week.

Reaction score
On the blitzes, Tony might not have even been thinking straight with his back and the painkiller for it.

Another reason Weeden should've probably stayed in. But that's a tough call to not send the franchise back in.

The coaches have to make adjustments on that. No team in the NFL can blitz that much and not get totally burned. A guy like Rob Ryan would max blitz 100% of the time if this kind of situation really works.

Once again, Garrett seemed to have made precisely ZERO adjustments.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Funny how now Garrett is the one calling the offensive plays after a loss hmmm

It sure did feel like it, but you can't just praise Linehan after a win and go after Garrett after a loss. Linehan was just as useless tonight.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Haslett has been doing this to us for years, and we always act like it's the first time we've see it. Why they didn't anticipate it or have a strategy in place is a disgrace.

What's crazy is that at noon today, ESPN Dallas had an old scout on who predicted what Haslett would do. Said he's going to bring a ton of high-risk blitzes from all over, so he'd probably make some plays but you know you're going to gash him at times when he guesses wrong.

And that's exactly what Haslett did.

How can an old Switzer coach and scout now in the media get that but our coaches can't?

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
All bullshit aside, they needed to be grounded like this. It sucks, but it's going to re-focus the team and show them they can't get by with anything less than 100% effort.

And Murray, 2,000 yards is looking more and more likely.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Haslett has been doing this to us for years, and we always act like it's the first time we've see it. Why they didn't anticipate it or have a strategy in place is a disgrace.

Beating the blitz is not hard, especially a jailhouse blitz that Haslett employs. Why do you think most f not all teams don't sellout on the blitz like that? Because more often than not you will get eaten alive.

Haslett does not do this against other teams, just only the Cowboys.

You take that blitz out from Haslett and he has nothing. It's easy to thwart.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
And Rolando McClain isn't the cure-all to losing Sean Lee for the year. Could have used his speed and smarts tonight.

Mr.Po

Reaction score
uuggg Jerry doing that fucking interview during the game. I knew it would all come crashing back down to reality.

Thought the same thing while he was showing his capped teeth with that plastered on smirk.

Watched football as long as I remember and never can recall a headset put on an owner and have an interview in the middle of the game.
This man can't stroke out fast enough and stroll around on a portable toilet like Al Davis did in his last decrepit days.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
The coaches have to make adjustments on that. No team in the NFL can blitz that much and not get totally burned. A guy like Rob Ryan would max blitz 100% of the time if this kind of situation really works.

Once again, Garrett seemed to have made precisely ZERO adjustments.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Thought the same thing while he was showing his capped teeth with that plastered on smirk.

Watched football as long as I remember and never can recall a headset put on an owner and have an interview in the middle of the game.
This man can't stroke out fast enough and stroll around on a portable toilet like Al Davis did in his last decrepit days.

Bob Kraft has been interviewed during games. I think it was a playoff game though.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score

:lol

Definitely have never seen an owner interviewed during a game. Did a big double-take when I saw that.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Beating the blitz is not hard, especially a jailhouse blitz that Haslett employs. Why do you think most f not all teams don't sellout on the blitz like that? Because more often than not you will get eaten alive.

Haslett does not do this against other teams, just only the Cowboys.

You take that blitz out from Haslett and he has nothing. It's easy to thwart.
We were scared of Amerson and Breeland... Dez and TWill can't beat those guys.

In all seriousness Breeland played a good game, but he's a rookie, and we've got Dez. Go at him until you beat him.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
And Rolando McClain isn't the cure-all to losing Sean Lee for the year. Could have used his speed and smarts tonight.

Wasn't McClain's best game for sure.

We had several of those tonight. I thought Church was horrible. As BB and maybe someone else mentioned, Dez other than a couple plays was invisible and he had a couple balls broke up on him that normally he would catch (tough plays, but normally he makes those).

Secondary in general played way too soft and left guys open all over.

The tackling was by far the worst its been all year.

Reaction score

McClain couldn't catch Alfred fucking Morris all night. Let him get around the corner on a big 3rd down, coudn't tackle him in the open on that screen. He looked slow tonight.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
That last drop was simply a bad throw by Weeden. He was looking at Dez the whole time and had some weird, slow 3/4 delivery going on.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Dez other than a couple plays was invisible and he had a couple balls broke up on him that normally he would catch
Because he had to slow down, for the ball. There were some off target passes tonight too. Alot in fact. Just, outta synch.

Top Bottom