Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah, I always go back to that good run at the end of 2009 when we made a good run to the playoffs. We ran that quick bubble screen all the time. Just like you see every team in football do. We've pretty much completely abandoned that ever since. Why? Especially as physical a runner as Dez is, or even Harris.

Because that was the year Sparano was forced to stay so he could hold Garrett's hand. Once Sparano departed, Garrett was left to his own devices and this is what you get. Felix was pretty good on those screens and he had the speed to take it to the house which I think he did against the Eagles in the playoffs.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Garrett is always gong to be pass first. In fact I believe that deep down side him, he'd rater lose b passing than win by running.

Everybody always think we just dump on Garrett and credit him with nothing good, and blame him for all the bad. Fact is, we know when Garrett's fingerprints are all over things. The six game win-streak was not because of Garrett; but rather in spite of Garrett. The six game win streak is because we've consistently RAN THE BALL. Garrett does not like to run the ball.

So in this game of all games, he decides to tweak things and essentially abandon the run game. And as a result... Romo is injured. He's incapable of making easy adjustments against an all-out blitz, but then he'll make adjustments by going away from what has been working because he's assuming that opposing defenses will adjust and so he'll beat them to the punch.

The Cowboys win because they win the battle of TOP. They win the battle of TOP because they RUN THE BALL. The shit that irks me the most on that 2nd and 2 series in OT, was that Garrett was calling pass plays that would have netted only 3 yards but would have gotten the 1st down, so why not run it instead?

Then when the shit didn't work... he throws Linehan under the bus. Everyone knows that Garrett is the only one that does that shit, instead of pounding the ball.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I think it said he got 4 or 5 plays in the game

Ridiculous really

Yeah. If something is working too well, then obviously opposing teams have it figured out and made adjustments to it... so let's beat them to the punch and not feature it, while failing to understanding that is just one less thing the opposing team has to worry about.

Murray, Witten, Dez, TWill, Escobar... pick your poison. Doesn't matter when Garrett is the antidote.

Top Bottom