cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I'd like a Dextor Clinkscale armoire, please

Instead, he will make you a bed with a ceiling mirror, with a cutout of Woody's Girl on it, positioned to look like she's sleeping next to you.

Assuming that all fits in your van.

Reaction score
Instead, he will make you a bed with a ceiling mirror, with a cutout of Woody's Girl on it, positioned to look like she's sleeping next to you.

Assuming that all fits in your van.

LOL

So much LOL in these threads...and also dbair

Bluenoser

In the Rotation
Reaction score
I don't think the team was unprepared. We moved the ball well, just settled for fgs or had turnovers. Romo threw a pass behind Witten that got picked, Street caught one that popped up in the air that went for a TD, can't blame the staff for that. And why are people freaking about the play clock ticking down to one because of Romo pointing out blitzers? Romo was 36-45 and had 4-5 drops. Also I don't think he got hit/ knocked down all game, so the defence wasn't exactly "teeing off" on us.

cockstrong

UDFA
Reaction score
I don't think the team was unprepared. We moved the ball well, just settled for fgs or had turnovers. Romo threw a pass behind Witten that got picked, Street caught one that popped up in the air that went for a TD, can't blame the staff for that. And why are people freaking about the play clock ticking down to one because of Romo pointing out blitzers? Romo was 36-45 and had 4-5 drops. Also I don't think he got hit/ knocked down all game, so the defence wasn't exactly "teeing off" on us.

I agree with you regarding the play clock running down not that big of a deal because of Romo calling out the blitzes. My only concern with that is teams really have the ability to get off the ball alot quicker if there is no deception in when they snap the ball

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I think the clock running down to 0 is just Romo being Romo. He prefers taking as much time as possible reading the defense and making adjustments. It used to be a much bigger deal when our O Line was suspect, because the D Line and/or blitzing LB's can tee off on the count.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I mean, what more can be said other than you have NO timeouts, only 90 seconds, and 72 yards needed to travel - in the first game, the first real action with a team that yes, because of the new CBA camp rules is out of shape and out of sync - and what happens? Romo snaps them right down the field for the game winning TD pass with only 6 plays, looking like December instead of week 1.

AND.... Yeah although we might yell for the snap when we see the play clock down to 3 seconds, using all the time you can helps eat game clock too.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have no issue with Romo or the play clock but I agree it was maddeing watching it tick down to 1 second before the snap. I do have an issue with our offensive philosophy, shotgun snaps on 1st down and goal, and players not knowing or understanding when they should run out of bounds. We're not a smart team and we should have destroyed NY. As it stands now, had it not been for the most horrific clock management maybe in the history of the NFL on NY's final drive, we'd be a loser.

As TE said, this looks more like the pre-2014 team than it does the 2014 team. And for all you idiots that think it's an advantage because teams won't know how to defend us......you're dumb as a box of nails.

Rynie

In the Rotation
Reaction score
I knew there'd be people crying after an exciting win over a hated rival. It's like clockwork here.

Reaction score
Is the "timing your rush to run in when the play clock hits zero" really a thing? Like, I don't see DL looking at the play clock, they're looking for the movement of the ball or the OL. LBs are more upright and could conceivably see the play clock, but they're usually looking at the offensive alignment. When a team does get a delay of game penalty, I don't see 4-5 guys on defense just coming across the line when the clock hits zero. They're usually as clueless about a delay of game penalty as everyone on the offense other than the QB.

I get it causes angst when you're watching the game, because we don't want the penalties, and it seems like an easy thing to avoid, especially when the offense is lined up with 10 seconds left or whatever. But I think the "defense teeing off" argument is bogus.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
And for all you idiots that think it's an advantage because teams won't know how to defend us......you're dumb as a box of nails.
You must have missed it posted earlier, how Tony's numbers really took off once Dez was out. You might not have been watching either, how the Giants D was in disarray after that - because they didn't know what to do, their game plan was out the window.

All that said, the actual meter was it COULD be made to be a advantage. Not that it definitely would be.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I knew there'd be people crying after an exciting win over a hated rival. It's like clockwork here.
Nobody's "crying" except you, and Objectivity is like clockwork. There is no way we should have been behind this Giants team, by 10 points that late. If not for a truly idiotic bonehead play by Eli throwing the ball away and giving us a extra 40 seconds to work with, this one goes in the L column.

You realize this? That we stole one, as Tony said?

So, show us all where all the "crying" is, quote actual posts, I'll wait.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
You must have missed it posted earlier, how Tony's numbers really took off once Dez was out. You might not have been watching either, how the Giants D was in disarray after that - because they didn't know what to do, their game plan was out the window.

All that said, the actual meter was it COULD be made to be a advantage. Not that it definitely would be.

this quotes for you doom:

Gavin Escobar on gameplanning for Cowboys w/out Dez: "I think they're gonna be more confused b/c they dont really know what we're gonna do."

Tweet link

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

There is a lot of possibilities they could do with this offense sans Dez. Dunbar already slated to have a significant role from Jerry himself, is likely to see that increased, as well as Beasley.

This offense could really take off if Chrisitine is slated to be as touted and he gets up to speed.

Reaction score
Yeah, losin Dez gives us an advantage because defenses will have no clue what were gonna do. Heck hopefully Romo gets hurt because the defenses will be Mindblown then

Top Bottom