Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Yeah, losin Dez gives us an advantage because defenses will have no clue what were gonna do. Heck hopefully Romo gets hurt because the defenses will be Mindblown then
Except, that's all a lie and no one besides you has said it. I have been quite clear, I fear losing Tony a hell of a lot more than losing Dez. I don't fear losing Dez at all, and fear losing Tony a lot.

Losing Dez CAN be turned to our advantage - it's not automatic.

But then again, you must have missed the game too.

Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Is the "timing your rush to run in when the play clock hits zero" really a thing? Like, I don't see DL looking at the play clock, they're looking for the movement of the ball or the OL. LBs are more upright and could conceivably see the play clock, but they're usually looking at the offensive alignment. When a team does get a delay of game penalty, I don't see 4-5 guys on defense just coming across the line when the clock hits zero. They're usually as clueless about a delay of game penalty as everyone on the offense other than the QB.

I get it causes angst when you're watching the game, because we don't want the penalties, and it seems like an easy thing to avoid, especially when the offense is lined up with 10 seconds left or whatever. But I think the "defense teeing off" argument is bogus.

I wouldn't say it's bogus. If a defense doesn't ever have to worry about a hard count, or if they can completely rule out a hardcount it would seemingly require less decision making and allow a better jump.

Race car drivers on the quarter mile have the tree of lights to anticipate their start and I would bet such anticipation gives them a better jump off the line.

Sprinters are given a "set" call prior to the shot and I would bet that these guys could get out of the blocks faster than a sprinter who set himself and had to wait an undetermined amount of time. Same thing with swimmers.

When you know something is imminent, you can focus solely on getting the best possible start. When a DL knows that the snap is imminent, they can disregard having to actually pay attention for a hard count and focus solely on getting a jump.

Does it make a difference in the game? Who knows, really, but I would doubt it really benefits the offense. The team could get lined up a hell of a lot sooner and still force the defense into showing their hand. Peyton does every game and he's not racing the play clock over down.

Reaction score
Except, that's all a lie and no one besides you has said it. I have been quite clear, I fear losing Tony a hell of a lot more than losing Dez. I don't fear losing Dez at all, and fear losing Tony a lot.

Losing Dez CAN be turned to our advantage - it's not automatic.

But then again, you must have missed the game too.

Losing a player of Dez's caliber is never an advantage for a team. Never. Ever. Not fucking ever.

Tonys numbers took off after the injury because we played street ball at the end of the game. Not because OMG DEZ IS OUT & GIANTS SO CONFUSED NOW!!!!

Give me a fucking break.

Reaction score
Panic sets in on Giants sideline:

CORNER: COACH OMG THEY LOST THEIR BEST RECEIVER WHAT ARE WE SPOSED TO DO?

SPAGS: I DONT KNOW!!!!!! AHHHH

CORNER: SHOULD WE COVER THEIR BACK UP RECEIVERS????

SPAGS: I LITERALLY HAVE NO IDEA! WE NEVER PREPARED FOR THIS!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Panic sets in on Giants sideline:

CORNER: COACH OMG THEY LOST THEIR BEST RECEIVER WHAT ARE WE SPOSED TO DO?

SPAGS: I DONT KNOW!!!!!! AHHHH

CORNER: SHOULD WE COVER THEIR BACK UP RECEIVERS????

SPAGS: I LITERALLY HAVE NO IDEA! WE NEVER PREPARED FOR THIS!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:lol

Rynie

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Nobody's "crying" except you, and Objectivity is like clockwork. There is no way we should have been behind this Giants team, by 10 points that late. If not for a truly idiotic bonehead play by Eli throwing the ball away and giving us a extra 40 seconds to work with, this one goes in the L column.

You realize this? That we stole one, as Tony said?

So, show us all where all the "crying" is, quote actual posts, I'll wait.
Really? 75% of this thread is bitching and moaning about something.

Reaction score

We're all excited about the end result. But its hard to turn a blind eye to our performance in the game.

You know as well as I do we stole that game. Against a team most of us predicted to win 4-6 games this year (aka a very bad team), at home, and when they're missing a lot of key players, as well as having started a completely new offensive line combination.

Oh... and we lost two stud players for at least a month.

So yeah... its hard to get super stoked over that.

Iamtdg

Reaction score
Wait until a defense has a week to gameplan for us not having Dez and see if it's an advantage for us or for them. Middle of a game is one thing. A week to prepare for it is entirely different.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Team's approach against Dez... put best corner on him and give him safety help.

Team's approach when Dez got hurt.. put best corner on Terrance Williams. Safety stands back there and stairs at Romo.

Luckily, the Giants are hurting and those dummies let us march down the field. Eagles won't make the same mistake. Have to hope their offense sputters.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Quote just one post that qualifies. I said this before, and you failed. Wanna fail again?

YOU are the only one crying, bitching and moaning, about something that isn't even happening.

If this is the full extent of what you want to contribute here, I have a idea for you - LOG OUT and never return if you don't like this place. Self ban.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Wait until a defense has a week to gameplan for us not having Dez and see if it's an advantage for us or for them. Middle of a game is one thing. A week to prepare for it is entirely different.
Uhh, what exactly will they be planning and preparing FOR? They have no video, no tendency spreadsheets to go by. They have no idea what we might do.

Iamtdg

Reaction score
Uhh, what exactly will they be planning and preparing FOR? They have no video, no tendency spreadsheets to go by. They have no idea what we might do.

Well, for one, we threw a lot of short passes this last game. They have that. They also know without a doubt they don't have to roll safety help to Dez's side which makes gameplanning their secondary much easier and more enjoyable for the DC. It changes a ton in how they prepare. To say it doesn't is... well.. just like you.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Well, for one, we threw a lot of short passes this last game. They have that. They also know without a doubt they don't have to roll safety help to Dez's side which makes gameplanning their secondary much easier and more enjoyable for the DC. It changes a ton in how they prepare. To say it doesn't is... well.. just like you.
The bolded is exactly what i have been saying.

MY argument is and has been, that without Dez we can possibly take advantage of this. Defenses now have not a whole hell of a lot of book on our offense now, all the spreadsheets and scouting goes right out the window without Dez out there. The resources committed to taking him away - where do you now deploy those? You better guess right.

I never said the team is better without Dez or that losing Dez is a automatic advantage. It COULD be MADE a advantage, if the Cowboys staff has half a brain. We can turn it into a advantage. Make lemonade out of lemons so to speak.

If course, I do understand this will require some creativity and imagination on Dallas' part.

Taking one guy out of the offense and taking your chances with the rest of it is easy. What opposing DC's now have to do, is harder. But worse, it's different. Different can really fuck up a defense.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
So, we have most people asserting that Dez is all-important, that defenses have to account for him on every play, they rotate coverage and double him up, they gameplan for him.

Fine, but you cannot then say having Dez gone makes gamplanning us easier. The formula is easier. They need a new formula now and it will be for the most part, a guess.

Reaction score
I'm gonna assume she is. I mean, she wants Cowboys decorated bedroom furniture. I'm fairly certain Kristy is your cousin.

Top Bottom