Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Is there a reason we can't snap the ball until the one second counts off the play clock?
I know, it was just killing me. I was yelling SNAP THE FUCKING BAAAAALLLLL!" all night. Verne even commented on it.
That is way more work than I am willing to put forth.
Dedication, baby. And just a intense, deep hatred of the TV commentators.
But Kristi Scales is great at mentioning it right away.
Yep she is right there on the sidelines and the team tells her stuff they don't tell the TV people.
Yep,I concur.Too bad this area doesn't have a station that carries the Cowboys
You can stream my local one, all you need is a computer. 95.7, the Kar. KARX-FM Claude-Amarillo.
Re:On your Verne comment,wish I'd realized.Man I'd love to hear Frank Glieber call a Cowboys game one more time.
I was having way too good of a time to leave the game, and come in here and post at DCU or I woulda told y'all. I was surprised too - they had a recording, Brad Sham introducing Verne, with a ton of Verne's old radio calls of past Cowboys big plays, it was awesome. Was really, really glad I hooked my shit up this night. Sham finally said, "And now, the all-time classic voice of the Dallas Cowboys, Verne Lundquist!"
Huh. Isn't that something. I'd have really enjoyed hearing Verne do a Dallas game again.
It was great, man. Really nostalgic. And he did his usual great job. There's nothing like the gravitas he brings, even when he says, "We'll be right back after this station timeout, this is Dallas Cowboys Football!"
Kind of wish I'd recorded Verne for a little bit. But I bet Laufenberg's constant babbling with him would have worn me out anyway.
It actually worked very well, Babe knew he was in the presence of a all-time legend and was not as babbly. He did get Verne laughing though, when he said, "This is a historic night - it's the first time a man named Babe and a man named Verne ever did anything together!"

Oh and at the end, when Dallas was driving for that final score, we heard the Verne of years' past come out, yelling the play by play as only he can, he was getting legitimately excited again. Like the old days.

Having Verne on the radio really took the edge off me for the game, for the first time since the 90s i was actually just happy to be watching a Cowboys game and wasn't nearly as bitchy about what I was seeing than normal. And this in a game where there was a LOT to be bitchy about.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Oh and at the end, when Dallas was driving for that final score, we heard the Verne of years' past come out, yelling the play by play as only he can, he was getting legitimately excited again. Like the old days.
Thanks to dbair, here's all-time vintage Verne calling that last drive:

Verne's last call

Will give ya chills. There's nothing like Verne showing his homer side, but so professionally.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Dooms is gonna assign you an unpleasant avatar if you persist with this f a g g otry. just ask superpunk.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Another random thought....

Is there a reason we can't snap the ball until the one second counts off the play clock?

I swear there were a lot of potential delay of games last night we didn't get caught in.

Is this because its taking too long to get Romo the play, or because Romo is spending too much time diagnosing the defense presnap?

It was maddening to watch not to mention it looked like Romo was having to tell players how to do their jobs as well

I was having flashbacks to the days of when Oggletree was on the field, hope this shit stops ASAP

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I thought you banned CobraKai a long time ago?
I frown on new bans, and SP coming back twice also didn't earn a ban. The Cobra account was never banned, the genius behind it lost his password and is too stupid to get the site to re-set it for him.

All that said, if any one of the crew decides to do a ban, I back it 100%.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Thanks to dbair, here's all-time vintage Verne calling that last drive:

Verne's last call

Will give ya chills. There's nothing like Verne showing his homer side, but so professionally.

Ha, that was great, thx. Brings back old memories of listening to the team when Landry was roaming the sidelines

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Ha, that was great, thx. Brings back old memories of listening to the team when Landry was roaming the sidelines
It was almost like - and I got that same feeling last night - that Verne was helping us will the team to the win.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
That was awesome. Verne is older and not as sharp as he was, but he's still better than Sham.
I've always liked Sham too, and he and Verne were a great team together.

Sham and Hansen though, really great together.

Top Bottom