LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Most of you are missing Doomsday's point. And I cannot believe I'm defending him. It's a potential advantage. A one game advantage. Doesn't mean that said advantage will translate into a win, hence why it's a potential advantage.

I'd feel more better if we knew whether Christine would be active and would get some playing time. I hae a sense that Garrett will be about that bullshit of "working him in slowly".

Reaction score
If Garrett were still the OC, I would have no faith in him being able to put a game plan together to beat Philly without Dez. I'm more confident in Linehan doing it, but this will be his first real test because of an injury on offense since he's been here.

Reaction score
Chip Kelly in his press conference said they would have to react to what the Cowboys would do without Dez because they were unsure what the Cowboys will do game plan wise. Are they going to use more 2 TE sets? Put Beasley on the outside? Although when asked if they would prefer Dez and an easier game plan vs no Dez and harder game plan, he admitted to the latter.

Last edited:

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Chip Kelly in his press conference said they would have to react to what the Cowboys would do without Dez because they were unsure what the Cowboys will do game plan wise. Are they going to use more 2 TE sets? Put Beasley on the outside? Although when asked if they would prefer Dez and an easier game plan vs no Dez and harder game plan, he admitted to the latter.
Because ignorance is bliss? I doubt it. He admits what I have been saying, they're not sure what to do because all film and spreadsheets on tendencies went out the window. He's either got no fear of the unknown, or is bluffing. In his heart of hearts and places he won't talk about, he WANTS Dez on that field, he NEEDS Dez on that field.... He would much rather have Dez out there. It preserves the formula of "how to defend Dallas."

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I'm gonna assume she is. I mean, she wants Cowboys decorated bedroom furniture. I'm fairly certain Kristy is your cousin.
Kristy Scales?
How can you not know if your cousin is single?
She doesn't know my status either. We don't pry into each others lives, and we really don't much care. She could be a lesbian for all I know, and I'm okay with it whatever it is.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Most of you are missing Doomsday's point. And I cannot believe I'm defending him. It's a potential advantage. A one game advantage. Doesn't mean that said advantage will translate into a win, hence why it's a potential advantage.
Well first of all, most of them aren't not missing the point at all. They are taking it and twisting it into something it is not, so they can argue against their own prop. Secondly, I think IF there's a brain anywhere in there (Maybe Linehan) it can be more than a one game advantage. And although it can be a advantage, you're right - that does not necessarily translate into wins. But yeah, eventually they will have meaningful film and tendency spreadsheets on us without Dez.

Reaction score
If Garrett were still the OC, I would have no faith in him being able to put a game plan together to beat Philly without Dez. I'm more confident in Linehan doing it, but this will be his first real test because of an injury on offense since he's been here.

Except I'm really worried that the end of that game had very little coaching input. That was all Romo. (Most of the beginning of the game was Romo too; he was his own coach and diagnosed the defense and moved players around). The only thing that appeared to be Linehan determined (or maybe Garrett game scripted) was when the running backs were going in the game and some of the packages. Romo was incredible but Romo needs a coach to create a running game or Romo (for good and for bad) COULD regress. Last year there were definitely two prominent aspects to the offense. The running part needs patience and discipline OR a powerful dynamic runner. Without the latter, Romo might not wait around for 2-3 gains when he can make 15.

That end of the game had nothing to do with Linehan. He could have gone home and ate pork rinds and beef jerky in his hot tub and the result would have been the same.

Top Bottom