Reaction score
It's all Romo. He was diagnosing the entire Giant defensive intent on and plays. He knew where they were coming and why. Thesuccess of the passing offense and who keeps Dallas in the games especially during the 8-8s was Romo. Jason would be Lane Kiffin without him. That was amazing last night at the end. I get so aggravate that Jason would not intentionally use any play or any matchup or any novel, in the moment play just to will his team to win. But Romo will.

He showed let night that he can't do it alone. If he is throwing distance routes he needs speed, separation and strong receivers who catch contested throws. But really what some are callling "dink and dunk" is just smart football. You want the ball in the hands of the Dunbars, McFaddens, Escobars and Beasleys because of what they can do after the catch. A gain is a gain. But rather have a high percentage completion than low percentage with this group of streets and twilly-small hands.

Randle is just a mediocre player who probably would not even have a chance on most teams. He is slow, not powerful, does not finish runs and can't handle muscling through traffic. It's just a stupid decision to bet anything on him even if you are a lurker dude who claims to lose to Corky. Randle is a loser. Promoting him as running back spackle for Murray is stupid. 4.1 is not 5.6 or 6.7.

Hitchens, Crawford and mincey and Lee gave glimpses of what the team can do on defense. McClain and Hardy might just ignite an inferno that will bring that defense into full terror mode to offenses. They need a safety though.

Iamtdg

Reaction score
Dunbar looked damn good in space. I'm hoping they can keep utilizing him that way. Talk about keeping a defense on their heels. The only issue with it is you have to go deep occasionally to keep the short passing game effective, and we didn't do that at all last night. Correct that and this offense should be lights out. Well, that, and correcting the TO's, of course.

P.S. Romo is pimp.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Dunbar looked damn good in space. I'm hoping they can keep utilizing him that way. Talk about keeping a defense on their heels. The only issue with it is you have to go deep occasionally to keep the short passing game effective, and we didn't do that at all last night. Correct that and this offense should be lights out. Well, that, and correcting the TO's, of course.

P.S. Romo is pimp.

Been beating this drum for as long as he's been here. I knew he would get his opportunities when Jones gushed about him. I think Kinehan pulled Jones' ear on Dunbar.

We know Jones meddles --- not as much as he used to; but when you have Garrett, it becomes necessary. He definitely wouldn't utilize him.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I BIG upside for me was Verne Lundquist on Dallas Cowboys radio for the first time in 32 years, calling play by play. Nostalgia was all over this game because of it, and yes like someone else said it felt like 1979 all over again.

(I pipe in the radio stream to my home theater and listen to Cowboys radio, synched to the game using the DVR to pause the action until the stream catches up. Really love the radio calls, hate the TV ones.)

Everything I said Dallas might do, to impossibly lose to this opponent, they did in spades and STILL, the Giants could not beat us. We had the dumb penalties, the idiot turnovers, the blown game management by Garrett - did everything possible to make it possible for NY to win, and they still couldn't.

Irritating to me was how stupid our fans at the game are - when we get down in the red zone and Tony has to call for quiet because you MORONS are making all noise possible? C'mon now. You're supposed to be doing that to the opponent you idiots.

Loved the ending, was yelling my lungs out for Tony and the Boys to pull this one out after the equally idiotic clock management by NY, and that mental midget Mannings, incredible lack of football savvy, throwing the ball away instead of just laying down and taking a sock.

Thoroughly enjoyable last minute and a half!

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Yeah, thats a direct product of sitting everyone out during training camp/preseason. And for what? Because you're afraid of injuries that literally could strike at any moment?
Every team looked sloppy, I think all of this is more a product of the new CBA than anything else. You simply can't WORK the players in training camp anymore. Can't even make them get in shape. It's hurting the product on the field.

Might as well make the preseason games count.

Iamtdg

Reaction score
(I pipe in the radio stream to my home theater and listen to Cowboys radio, synched to the game using the DVR to pause the action until the stream catches up. Really love the radio calls, hate the TV ones.)

You are one really odd duck.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
You are one really odd duck.
It used to be frikkin easy to to that, I would just tune my receiver to the game and mute the TV sound.

Now, it's hard as fuck to do! If you try to use a receiver, it's about 16 seconds ahead of the action on the screen. So i figured out that if I STREAM the station with a PC, the action on the screen is about 20 seconds ahead of the radio call, as streamed. So, you pause the DVR until the radio catches up!

It used to be quite normal for people to listen to the radio call while watching the game. The TV commentators suck. I merely refused to give up when all the live delay stuff got mandated!

Dude, I used to record games on VCR, with the radio call in the left audio channel, and Pat Summerall and John Madden in the right channel. Those two were the only TV guys I could ever stomach.

I really hate watching the Boys with the frikkin TV sound and commentators. The radio crew knows more about the team, knows the history, has better spotters, better sideline reporting, you name it. You oughta try it some time.

Iamtdg

Reaction score
It used to be frikkin easy to to that, I would just tune my receiver to the game and mute the TV sound.

Now, it's hard as fuck to do! If you try to use a receiver, it's about 16 seconds ahead of the action on the screen. So i figured out that if I STREAM the station with a PC, the action on the screen is about 20 seconds ahead of the radio call, as streamed. So, you pause the DVR until the radio catches up!

It used to be quite normal for people to listen to the radio call while watching the game. The TV commentators suck. I merely refused to give up when all the live delay stuff got mandated!

Dude, I used to record games on VCR, with the radio call in the left audio channel, and Pat Summerall and John Madden in the right channel. Those two were the only TV guys I could ever stomach.

I really hate watching the Boys with the frikkin TV sound and commentators. The radio crew knows more about the team, knows the history, has better spotters, better sideline reporting, you name it. You oughta try it some time.

That is way more work than I am willing to put forth.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Yeah, I didn't think that was that uncommon.

One thing I get really irritated at on TV is the lack of injury information. Sure, they'll tell you if Dez is hurt, but a lot of times when so-called non-name-brand starters go out, they might not mention it for a couple of series or even never mention it. With a billion ads and network promos to run, they don't have time. But Kristi Scales is great at mentioning it right away.

I actually forgot about Sham skipping this game. Kind of wish I'd recorded Verne for a little bit. But I bet Laufenberg's constant babbling with him would have worn me out anyway.

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score

Yep,I concur.Too bad this area doesn't have a station that carries the Cowboys.I can get the radio calls on night games.
Talking about lag,I've got about 2.5 or 3 secs between my main receiver and the wireless secondary in another room.
Re:On your Verne comment,wish I'd realized.Man I'd love to hear Frank Glieber call a Cowboys game one more time.

Reaction score
I BIG upside for me was Verne Lundquist on Dallas Cowboys radio for the first time in 32 years, calling play by play. Nostalgia was all over this game because of it, and yes like someone else said it felt like 1979 all over again.

Huh. Isn't that something. I'd have really enjoyed hearing Verne do a Dallas game again.

Reaction score
Irritating to me was how stupid our fans at the game are - when we get down in the red zone and Tony has to call for quiet because you MORONS are making all noise possible? C'mon now. You're supposed to be doing that to the opponent you idiots.

They have no clue when you are suppose to cheer and when to shut up. They should post instructions on the video board to educate the clueless fans.

Also, i did read somewhere that when the Giants got the first down at the 4 yard line about 25% of the Cowboys fans got up and headed to the exists. Cowboys have mental toughness, the fans need to have it too.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
They have no clue when you are suppose to cheer and when to shut up. They should post instructions on the video board to educate the clueless fans.
They do. "Quiet, offense at work" and the like. At least they used to, and I'm sure they still do. We just have some of the dumbest fans in sports. Happens with every mega-popular team (Yankees, Lakers), but it is irritating.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Collinsworth asked how can you not have a home advantage in this stadium?

Really? The stadium was designed for everything but giving its team an advantage on the field.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
They do. "Quiet, offense at work" and the like. At least they used to, and I'm sure they still do. We just have some of the dumbest fans in sports. Happens with every mega-popular team (Yankees, Lakers), but it is irritating.

[video=youtube;vJZUoqDe4VQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJZUoqDe4VQ[/video]

punches fly at 1:35

Reaction score
The white dude kept yelling for them to go eat a chalupa. Why white people always insulting with Mexican food? I know Middy would send me racist private messages for me to eat some queso. I never really understood that. I do love chalupas btw.

Reaction score
I know Middy would send me racist private messages for me to eat some queso. I never really understood that.

I seriously doubt this. I love me some queso dip, so I'm pretty sure if I ever sent anything it was a dumbass comment about thanking "your people" for queso dip. Which is only racist if you're a sensitive ass bitch.

So how about you stop being a sensitive bitch.

Reaction score
Another random thought....

Is there a reason we can't snap the ball until the one second counts off the play clock?

I swear there were a lot of potential delay of games last night we didn't get caught in.

Is this because its taking too long to get Romo the play, or because Romo is spending too much time diagnosing the defense presnap?

Top Bottom