Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Over he last 20 years I have heard many times the credit Garrett gets about being a good football coach.
Anecdotal crap. Exactly like any other of us saying we have heard how much he sucks.

PROOF, s0n. Otherwise you're just sucking Jason's dick out here.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
It's not often that doomsday is the more rational debater in an argument. Congrats.

Cdgreer

Cheerleader
Reaction score
Go look again. He had 1 winning record in Cleveland. It just shows you don't know football. No I'm not trolling. If you and your cronies want to have a locker room mentality, it's ok. I just started to play your game. It's still my opinion and I have said in different posts that Red is a good coach and why. If it's not to your satisfaction it's ok. Is it really necessary to agree with everyone? Hell no. If any of us were perfect we would own the Dallas Cowboys and we could hire whoever we wanted and we would finally win. The biggest point of the last few days that everyone is overlooking is the fact we need a change higher up before anything else changes.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Hell no. If any of us were perfect we would own the Dallas Cowboys and we could hire whoever we wanted and we would finally win.

The biggest point of the last few days that everyone is overlooking is the fact we need a change higher up before anything else changes.

So what your saying is we need to hire people other than who is currently employed by the Dallas Cowboy which would finally allow us to win.

For instance the entire coaching staff? Or maybe just the head coach?

Then we could hire people who would be able to win.

Got it! Thanks for clearing up your point. At least we are all in agreement now

As to your second point, I do believe everyone here on this board already agrees that Jerry needs to go. Death, retirement, fiery private plane crash....

I don't think we really care how he leaves the Organization. Any ole way will do

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
As to your second point, I do believe everyone here on this board already agrees that Jerry needs to go. Death, retirement, fiery private plane crash....

I don't think we really care how he leaves the Organization. Any ole way will do

For the immediate future, this is most unlikely. I'll settle for just getting rid of Garrett.

Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Garrett is tied to Jerry through the "training" bullshit. Firing Garrett now reflects on Jerry. Garrett will stay.

cml750

Facepalm
Reaction score
While Garrett is the biggest "correctable" problem with the team he will not be fired short of the team imploding with Romo back. Jerry, the real but uncorrectable problem, would rather lose with Garrett and feel comfortable than hire a real coach.

Reaction score
I mean, I know Doomsday says he knows CDGreer from back in the day and all... but god the guy feels like a troll. If you read his posts, they're without logic.

He keeps saying Garrett is a good coach and that he's explained why he's a good coach.

Can anyone point me to the post where he did that? Because all I find is BS about being good because he's close to Jerry's family, and "if he wasn't good he wouldn't be in the NFL."

Oh... and Belichick failed in Cleveland because he "only had one winning season." Even though Belichick took over a dumpster fire of a franchise with a bankrupt owner hellbent on relocating his franchise. Still Belichick took them to their last AFC Central title. With Vinny Testaverde at QB.... :lol

But Garrett is really good because ... wait.... how many winning seasons did he have with a HOF QB in Tony Romo?

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Over he last 20 years I have heard many times the credit Garrett gets about being a good football coach.
Twenty years? Hasn't he only been a coach for like 11 years?

Let me answer my own question: Yes, he has. He hasn't even finished his 11th year as a coach. He was a QB coach for two years, starting in 2005, before Jerry handed him the OC job here.

In a way I don't blame people like cd. They've been fed a bunch of propaganda from Garrett's friends and media people like Aikman and Laufenberg and all the pansies in the DFW media who think being a swell guy and good presentation at press conferences equal good coaching.

But at some point when the evidence hits you in the face often enough, you should be able to see otherwise.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Just my opinion. It's ok. The world as you know it will not change.

Please explain how a head coach that has allowed his team to get gassed repeatedly in the fourth quarter this season is a good coach, in your own opinion of course

cml750

Facepalm
Reaction score
Yes, you certainly are trolling.

Garrett has had how many winning seasons? Cool thanks.

Man do I love this forum where common sense rules instead of agendas. It is great being able to see idiots treated like fucking idiots.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Matt Mosley was just telling an interesting story... He and Cowlishaw were talking about how could the team miss so badly on the backup QB situation, and how they'd think Garrett, as a backup QB himself, should be qualified to judge whether a guy had the talent and mentality to do it.

Mosley said he was told -- not his guess, but he was told by someone with the team -- that Jerry had doubts about Brad Johnson back in 2008 but Garrett (Johnson's old teammate and bud from Tampa) convinced him Johnson could get the job done just fine. Then we had that three game stretch in 2008 when Johnson was terrible. Mosley said he was told that Jerry was "furious" that he'd been convinced this bum could still play.

So at least we know Jerry is capable of getting very angry at his little red buddy. First I've really heard that before.

Reaction score
I truly think Jerry would ditch Garrett if there was enough public pressure. As you've said multiple times though, the Dallas media won't attack Garrett at all anymore. Too fresh off a feel good 12-4 season I suppose.

Reaction score
I truly think Jerry would ditch Garrett if there was enough public pressure. As you've said multiple times though, the Dallas media won't attack Garrett at all anymore. Too fresh off a feel good 12-4 season I suppose.

Someone posted that in order for the team to fire Garrett and staff, it would cost over 25 million. We never should've given him that 5 year extension. That was ridiculous.

Unfortunately, I think were stuck with Garrett for another 2 years at least.

Reaction score
It's like this team is completely jinxed. I mean, the stars aligned that we have that 12-4 divisional loss season at Garretts final year in the contract? God damn.....

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Unfortunately, I think were stuck with Garrett for another 2 years at least.

As much as the losing will hurt Cowboy fans, there will be some monumental screw-up's to witness. As he becomes more and more of a lame duck, I would imagine the players will give less of a damn about him.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
It's like this team is completely jinxed. I mean, the stars aligned that we have that 12-4 divisional loss season at Garretts final year in the contract? God damn.....

I'm telling you, this guy has more lives than a cat. Don't be surprised when Romo brings us back and the storyline becomes "Look how great Garrett is, he brought us back from 2-7 to playoff contention!!!" :facepalm

Top Bottom