ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Just wait 'til the Panthers come in too full of themselves after a blowout win and we upset them. The city will be as crazy as if we were the ones with the 10-1 record and Jerry, Steve, and Garrett will all be as smug as ever even at 4-7.

And yeah, even if we finish, say, 7-9 the story all offseason will be how great we finished and how the bad luck of those gosh darn injuries were the only thing that held us back.

cml750

Facepalm
Reaction score
Just wait 'til the Panthers come in too full of themselves after a blowout win and we upset them. The city will be as crazy as if we were the ones with the 10-1 record and Jerry, Steve, and Garrett will all be as smug as ever even at 4-7.

And yeah, even if we finish, say, 7-9 the story all offseason will be how great we finished and how the bad luck of those gosh darn injuries were the only thing that held us back.

That makes me want to fucking vomit. Not to say you aren't right because you are but it still makes me want to fucking vomit. We are wasting a true franchise QB's career on a fucking trainee who is being trained by Jerry Fucking Jones!!!!

Reaction score
There is irrefutable proof that Garrett is not a good coach, you're just too stupid to recognize it. You were asked to provide instances where Garrett has demonstrated some sort of positive coaching.

I stand by what I say. If Romo wanted to win, he has to know that Garrett is not the coach to get it done.

Romo has carte Blanche with an offense that he gets to direct and improvise at will. Why would he give that up for another coach to come in and restrict him or change the offense away from all the gunslinging impulses that he can do? If you had a job that gave you very little restrictions, almost boundless individual direction, and creative freedom I'm sure you would be fulfilled too. It would be hard to give that up. Romo apparently gets a charge out of playing in this offense where his whims and instincts are welcomed - which may be one of the reasons he seems to be not bothered all that much by losing seasons...while everyone else is frustrated with what they couldn't control in a play or game or season, Romo gets to play and control virtually everything on the offense without coaches criticizing, or frankly, coaching him at all.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Exactly, Omega. Well said. Jerry is extremely close with Romo, obviously, which Jerry loves and Romo is fine with because he's in control. When it comes to coaching, Garrett is obviously just a figurehead.

And more on what you said -- it's amazing how different the offense looked yesterday. It wasn't like the same offense only with better throws, it was completely different routes and everything. Made me realize just how much Romo is improvising with his WRs (and Witten). Not just him improvising in the pocket, but the WRs running different routes, too.

VTA

UDFA
Reaction score
Romo has carte Blanche with an offense that he gets to direct and improvise at will. Why would he give that up for another coach to come in and restrict him or change the offense away from all the gunslinging impulses that he can do? If you had a job that gave you very little restrictions, almost boundless individual direction, and creative freedom I'm sure you would be fulfilled too. It would be hard to give that up. Romo apparently gets a charge out of playing in this offense where his whims and instincts are welcomed - which may be one of the reasons he seems to be not bothered all that much by losing seasons...while everyone else is frustrated with what they couldn't control in a play or game or season, Romo gets to play and control virtually everything on the offense without coaches criticizing, or frankly, coaching him at all.

Too bad there isn't a Romo for every position on the field. The coaching slot would be as obsolete as Jerry thinks it is.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

So basically you are saying that Romo only cares about stats and not about winning.

Lets really think about that for a sec.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
See this offense on Garret's brain 2-7

See this offense on Romo's brain 3-0

It doesn't even look like the same team. Now I'm not saying Romo walks on water but he certainly can control "his" offense better than the back ups could. Especially since Garret handicapped both of the back ups by not giving either of them the full playbook or the ability to check out of plays. Cassel mentioned that two weeks ago, that it would be nice to be able to change some of the plays at the line and that he wasn't given the freedom to do so

cml750

Facepalm
Reaction score

It doesn't even look like the same team. Now I'm not saying Romo walks on water but he certainly can control "his" offense better than the back ups could. Especially since Garret handicapped both of the back ups by not giving either of them the full playbook or the ability to check out of plays. Cassel mentioned that two weeks ago, that it would be nice to be able to change some of the plays at the line and that he wasn't given the freedom to do so

One slight correction, 0 -7 for Garrett and 3 - 0 for Romo.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

Well duh dude.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Exactly, Omega. Well said. Jerry is extremely close with Romo, obviously, which Jerry loves and Romo is fine with because he's in control. When it comes to coaching, Garrett is obviously just a figurehead.

And more on what you said -- it's amazing how different the offense looked yesterday. It wasn't like the same offense only with better throws, it was completely different routes and everything. Made me realize just how much Romo is improvising with his WRs (and Witten). Not just him improvising in the pocket, but the WRs running different routes, too.

Broaddus said today that during the game Dez came up to Romo and told him how the Dolphin corners were covering him and that some inside routes would work. And they did.

It's sad that the players have to take it upon themselves to create mismatche in order to create their own success.

wtf are we paying Red and Linehan for?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Broaddus said today that during the game Dez came up to Romo and told him how the Dolphin corners were covering him and that some inside routes would work. And they did.

?

This kind of stuff goes on everywhere, you know that right?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah but DBs have been covering our WRs like that for years and still there has been no philosophical shift to get players open from that type of coverage.

Its kinda hard to agree with that when our QB, #1WR & TE all put up mammoth numbers every yr

Reaction score
Yeah but DBs have been covering our WRs like that for years and still there has been no philosophical shift to get players open from that type of coverage.

Collinsworth has pointed that out in games "I can't believe Jason Garrett doesn't see that nobody is covering the middle of the field. It's wide open". With Murray catching 57 passes in 2013 and then 53 in 2014, the middle of the field had some activity.

But those Collinsworth Commentaries were Garrett as OC and Dallas lost those games. **

**In the Dbair consolation prize, Dallas did get mammoth good yardage out of their QB, #1WR, and TE in those games. Mammoths of yards. The kind of mammoth of yards that makes one wonder why there are not more TDs. But who cares about TDs or critical plays at critical times in games that produce victories when you have big mammoth of yards (particularly when there are 2 minutes left in either half).

Yeah okay.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
**In the Dbair consolation prize, Dallas did get mammoth good yardage out of their QB, #1WR, and TE in those games. Mammoths of yards. The kind of mammoth of yards that makes one wonder why there are not more TDs. But who cares about TDs or critical plays at critical times in games that produce victories when you have big mammoth of yards (particularly when there are 2 minutes left in either half).

Yeah okay.

Romo's numbers on yards just arnt great. His numbers on comp%, yds per attempt and tds are also great.

Bryant just doesn't rack up meaningless catches. He racks up huge yds after catch, huge tds and more than respectable yds per reception.

T Williams has excellent yds per reception and td numbers.

Witten will be a HOF TE.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Its kinda hard to agree with that when our QB, #1WR & TE all put up mammoth numbers every yr

No isn't hard to agree with. That Romo, Dez and Witten are able to put up numbers despite of the offense is just a testament to how once in a generation type players that they are.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
How do I post videos from Dallas Cowboys.com?

There are several post game Garrett speeches I know you all will love

Top Bottom