Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
According to them they didnt change much with the run scheme,
I got eyes and know every play they run. It's straight up man blocking, pro set stuff from the 60s with some 80s West Coast concepts sprinkled in. There's been NO zone blocking plays

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Having a "hammer" doesnt do any good if he gets hit by a couple guys or more before he gets to the LOS.
Hammer is murder in zone running plays. You get a hammer and run the scheme that fits your goddamned personnel.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I got eyes and know every play they run. It's straight up man blocking, pro set stuff from the 60s with some 80s West Coast concepts sprinkled in. There's been NO zone blocking plays
I'm just telling you what McCarthy himself said, and he said it multiple times in the offseason.

They didn't change much with the run game scheme from what it was.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I'm just telling you what McCarthy himself said, and he said it multiple times in the offseason.

They didn't change much with the run game scheme from what it was.
Yeah he lies a lot. Like when he said he studied up on metrics and watched every game of ours from the last two years. Later admitted, nah.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
They sure as fuck did. Watch them paying attention to detail.
No they didnt. Any idiot can sit there and see almost all these run calls are the same shit they've done for several years.

We havent been a "great" running team for awhile, but they havent been this bad at either.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Injured players probably can't do either

And we got some injured guys
These guys at 100 percent can't do the power blocking required by Fat Mike's scheme. Why are they hurt? FROM FUCKING TRYING TO!

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I've only found one idiot who thinks that.
Literally the only difference is they've been using Luepke as a FB a decent amount whereas the past couple years they had an OL moonlighting as a FB on some plays here and there.

The run designs look almost exactly the same and most of the run formations are exactly the same.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Translation: "I cannot see a move that we can make that will get me the headlines my black soul lives on, so fuck all yaz..."
There's actually several of those kinds of moves they COULD make, but they won't do it.

I mean I'm not oof the mindset of wanting them to give up their entire drafts over the next two seasons, but if they are serious about wanting to make a real run then they need one or two guys. They REALLY need another pass rusher and replacing Lewis as the 3rd CB is another move they probably NEED to make.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Literally the only difference is they've been using Luepke as a FB a decent amount whereas the past couple years they had an OL moonlighting as a FB on some plays here and there.

The run designs look almost exactly the same and most of the run formations are exactly the same.
No, s0n. In prior years it was primarily zone scheme, NO actual FB on the roster. They'd use offensive linemen or a TE as a fullback. We now for the first time since Parcells, have an actual dedicated FB on the roster.

"We're not changing anything in the running game" other than losing Zeke and adding a FB for the first time in decades.

Top Bottom