English Cowboy

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Leaving aside our shit show of a defense, I don't like our pass route design. We can't seem to get anyone open on a regular basis.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
It was definitely a reality check. Hey guys, we really don't have all that great of a team and last year was a fluke, we caught a lot of people by surprise.

Last week is what looks like a fluke. Trevor Siemien just stomped a mud hole in this defense. Elway cant wait to be rid of him. Let that sink in. Of course when you give up almost 200 yards rushing, pedestrian QBs look like All Pros.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I'm not willing to call last year a fluke

This was our worst game in years. We did ok vs NYG who was built specifically to beat the Cowboys

I don't know what the fuck went wrong in this game and why we couldn't run the ball but writing off the entire last seasons successes because of this game is just crazy

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Leaving aside our shit show of a defense, I don't like our pass route design. We can't seem to get anyone open on a regular basis.

Fails all around.

Front office didn't properly address the deficiencies on defense this off-season. And before you say it, David, all 32 teams participated in the NFL Draft, so drafting 3 DB's, including 1 in the 6th round, does not fit my definition of properly addressing a glaring deficiency.

Offensive play designs are bad. Our best plays are Beasley running to grass on crossing routes or a defensive player forgetting about Witten. We try to force things to Dez way too much. Also, early on in the game when it was 3rd and long..why the hell was the fullback Keith Smith on the field?

Defense played with no heart minus maybe Sean Lee. That waiver-wire pickup from Green Bay, Brian Price, was a zero. Lawrence started out fast but like any NFL coaching staff that does not include Jason Garrett, the Broncos made the necessary adjustments. Heath is awful as advertised. Anthony Brown is way too grabby. Lewis is a step slow for a cornerback.

We were exposed today. I think we are a very good team but we are not talented enough to defend championship caliber teams.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
writing off the entire last seasons successes because of this game is just crazy
That's not what happened. I have been correctly saying last year was a fluke since that season ended. We had a easy schedule, two rookies nobody had film on caught people napping. It is what it is. We are a 8-8 team that overachieved for one fluke season.

And there was NO SUCCESS! A successful season in Dallas ends with a Super Bowl win. That's Roger Staubach's definition, he defined it after our first SB win. Period. There was NO success last year or any year since the end of SB 30.

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score

Thats been Garrett as long as I can remember. 31 other teams can get receivers open but the offensive genius hasnt been able to figure it out.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Denver specializes in dismantling the opponent in its home opener, now 17-1 in those games since 2000. So there's that.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
We don't have any type of deep threat, no SPEED.

That's what Brice Butler was supposed to provide. But he's got the hands of a prepubescent boy trying to unhook his first bra and can't catch shit. 1 catch out of every 5 thrown his way ain't gonna cut it

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Garrett's after loss game speech must have been epic

Lots of kudos, slaps on the backs and clapping. Lots of clapping

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
So the game was switched to my local fox and it's on

Then they say because of NFL rules we won't be able to show you the remainder of the game

Perfect again

I'm sure I won't miss much

Maybe a Denver pick six or something wonderful like that

You called it.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
It was definitely a reality check. Hey guys, we really don't have all that great of a team and last year was a fluke, we caught a lot of people by surprise.

How many years has it been since they won back to back games?

I actually expect them to beat the Cardinals but they have some really tough teams coming up. The Chiefs and Raiders might be better than Denver and they also have Packers and Falcons on the roster. If the secondary (actually the entire defense) plays like this against Aaron Rodgers he might throw for 1,000 yards in that game alone.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Cant you just picture Garrett skulking into Jerry's office tomorrow and throwing Rod and Linehan under the bus.

Maybe this is the beginning of the end for Red. Jerry thinks this team is a Super Bowl team. If they have an epic fail of a season there is a chance he could be on his way out.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Maybe this is the beginning of the end for Red. Jerry thinks this team is a Super Bowl team. If they have an epic fail of a season there is a chance he could be on his way out.

That is just wishful thinking

Garett's blowjobs are way too good for him to ever get fired

Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score
And now Green Bay's down by three scores before halftime. Is this someone's way of telling me to go to bed early?

Top Bottom