Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Gawd damn that game still has me in a bad mood. Cant believe they shit the bed so bad, I was starting to believe in this bunch, even some of the decision makers. They quickly reminded me why I stay forever pessimistic

REALISTIC.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

A. FIRST. YEAR. COACH. Imagine that. Jerry afterwards kept saying how the Broncos were a "well-coached" team. He emphasized that.

Take a look at both Vance Joseph's and Jason Garrett's resumes.

Joseph started off as a graduate assistant in 1999 -2001. He became a college DB coach in 2002 thru 2004.

In 2005 he became an NFL assistant DB coach with the 49ers, and then became the DB coach of the 49ers the following year.

In short, Joseph was a DB coach for 10 years before he became a DC. He was a DC for 1 year, and then became an HC. Almost 20 years Joseph spent learning and coaching before he became an NFL HC. Garrett became an HC in nearly 1/3 of that time. He was fast-tracked. Two years as a QB coach --- doing nothing to distinguish himself, but yet was catapulted to being not just an OC, but the HIGHEST-PAID OC at that time. Four years later, he's the head coach.

SEE THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE TWO. There is no short cut Jerry. This shit is of your making.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
We shit the bed plain and simple

There are no excuses

We failed in every single aspect of the game. Everyone failed. Dak, Zeke, and Dez

Every single person targeted by Dak dropped at least one pass. That includes #82 dropping one in the end zone that would have been a TD

There is enough blame for everyone to take a huge bite. There was plenty of shit to go around and everyone got a mouthful

Even Sean Lee couldn't tackle

Wtf is up with that?

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
A. FIRST. YEAR. COACH. Imagine that. Jerry afterwards kept saying how the Broncos were a "well-coached" team. He emphasized that.

But Garrett is much more talented at kissing Jones ass and making Jerry feel comfortable.

That's what really matters in this organization.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score

Joseph started off as a graduate assistant in 1999 -2001. He became a college DB coach in 2002 thru 2004.

In 2005 he became an NFL assistant DB coach with the 49ers, and then became the DB coach of the 49ers the following year.

In short, Joseph was a DB coach for 10 years before he became a DC. He was a DC for 1 year, and then became an HC. Almost 20 years Joseph spent learning and coaching before he became an NFL HC. Garrett became an HC in nearly 1/3 of that time. He was fast-tracked. Two years as a QB coach --- doing nothing to distinguish himself, but yet was catapulted to being not just an OC, but the HIGHEST-PAID OC at that time. Four years later, he's the head coach.

SEE THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE TWO. There is no short cut Jerry. This shit is of your making.

what a concept but thats not how it works in jeri-land where the highest priority is jeri's comfort and being the center of attention

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Fails all around.

Front office didn't properly address the deficiencies on defense this off-season. And before you say it, David, all 32 teams participated in the NFL Draft, so drafting 3 DB's, including 1 in the 6th round, does not fit my definition of properly addressing a glaring deficiency.

But we drafted 4

:owned

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Jerry Jones: Denver Loss "Not What Our Team Is" | Dallas Cowboys

Interesting Jerry talks about how well coached Denver is a couple times. Then he goes on to talk about Jaylon Smith having a good game. Strange I must have missed that part. Shows why he shouldnt be anywhere near football ops.

Yeah I'd agree with him on Denver being well coached, at least yesterday. They didn't look so well coached when they were barely beating San Diego Monday night. They looked great yesterday because we were so awful.

As for Jaylon Smith. I still hope he makes a full recovery but I didn't see his game as "good". He missed some tackles himself and really didn't make any plays that I remember at the LOS.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Hell, I'd take P.J. Fleck right now.

Harbaugh might choke out Jerry but he would be a great choice. Stanford's David Shaw as well.

My #1 choice would be Gruden though.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Hell, I'd take P.J. Fleck right now.

Harbaugh might choke out Jerry but he would be a great choice. Stanford's David Shaw as well.

My #1 choice would be Gruden though.

I'd love Shaw here, I think he'd be perfect but it just doesn't seem like he wants to do the NFL thing.

I do think Gruden might be the first guy Jerry would call if/when he ever wakes up and finally sees he cant win shit with Red Goober

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
The buzz seemed to say the new right tackle and left guard would be plug and play and we wouldn't miss a beat when the reality is they're both effectively rookies in terms of experience actually playing games.

That's about the only "excuse" I can come up with but I admittedly don't know what the hell I'm talking about when it comes to evaluating talent and performance

Zack Martin and Fredrick got their asses handed to them a few times during the game too.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
We shit the bed plain and simple

There are no excuses

We failed in every single aspect of the game. Everyone failed. Dak, Zeke, and Dez

Every single person targeted by Dak dropped at least one pass. That includes #82 dropping one in the end zone that would have been a TD

There is enough blame for everyone to take a huge bite. There was plenty of shit to go around and everyone got a mouthful

Even Sean Lee couldn't tackle

Wtf is up with that?

Lawrence played well. But yea, other than that everyone across the board lifted their skirts.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I'd love Shaw here, I think he'd be perfect but it just doesn't seem like he wants to do the NFL thing.

I do think Gruden might be the first guy Jerry would call if/when he ever wakes up and finally sees he cant win shit with Red Goober

Wasn't there rumors in the off season that Gruden is trying to get the Tampa gig?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
He had a pretty good preseason, could be real help as pass rusher

Todd Archer
ESPN Staff Writer*
Defensive end Damontre Moore is eligible to rejoin the Cowboys today after serving his two-game suspension for violating the substance-abuse policy. The Cowboys get a one-day roster exemption. They will need to release a player to fit Moore on the 53-man roster on Tuesday.

Top Bottom