dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Any of our coaches ever figure anything out like this? (specifically the HC)

Dan Graziano
ESPN Staff Writer*
Broncos coach Vance Joseph on how his team stopped Ezekiel Elliott and the Cowboys' run game: "We went out in base front and we're playing man-free, so they knew they couldn't run the football. That was our plan, to make them throw the football. He could have run it 15 more times for 10 more yards, but that wouldn't help him win. Nobody has played them that way. It was definitely a surprise to them, in my opinion."

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Any of our coaches ever figure anything out like this? (specifically the HC)

Rookie HC... in first home game, outsmarts the "genius" offensive HC. Too busy during the offseason going on vicotory tours and having photo-ops with successful coaches.

Last edited:

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Did they even consider doing screen passes? As an adjustment? Or even a couple of draw plays? Funny as to how that (draw play) use to be Garrett's staple early as an OC.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Broncos coach Vance Joseph on how his team stopped Ezekiel Elliott and the Cowboys' run game: "We went out in base front and we're playing man-free, so they knew they couldn't run the football. That was our plan, to make them throw the football. He could have run it 15 more times for 10 more yards, but that wouldn't help him win. Nobody has played them that way. It was definitely a surprise to them, in my opinion."
Anyone else have a hard time believing no one else has tried this? If they haven't, it's only because they didn't think they had the secondary to hold up. Still seems like teams last year loaded up on the run and we did it anyway.

I'll have to check with xwalker or Fuzzy to get the real truth.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Anyone else have a hard time believing no one else has tried this? If they haven't, it's only because they didn't think they had the secondary to hold up. Still seems like teams last year loaded up on the run and we did it anyway.

I'll have to check with xwalker or Fuzzy to get the real truth.

You'd have to think others have tried. But, in this instance, Denver was successful in stopping Zeke and Dak looked atrocious. I know they tried a couple of screens but Denver either sniffed them out or Dak threw the ball over Zeke's head. It was just bad.....

I really don't care about the D at this point. I don't even care about Elliot. I do care that our future franchise QB looked so horribly inaccurate and inept. Everything revolves around the QB.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Did they even consider doing screen passes? As an adjustment? Or even a couple of draw plays? Funny as to how that (draw play) use to be Garrett's staple early as an OC.

I think they tried to set up a screen or two but Denver jumped those.

I cant remember the last time I saw the lead draw, you'd think it would have some usefulness here.

Top Bottom