dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Troy said Dak knows the standard in Dallas is Super Bowls, even though he doesn't have that kind of ability and we haven't sniffed that game in 25 years.
Seems more like a Capt Obvious type statement to me then.

Prescott has always said all the right things, in the beginning his leadership and work ethic etc etc made a lot of the vets take to him really fast (like our OL in 2016)

To me it's a little shade thrown at Romo maybe more than anything else. Romo never understood what the ultimate goals were (and IMO didnt care). I think Prescott WANTS to win and puts in the time (but isnt talented enough). I don't think it mattered to Romo, who was happy to be one of the guys, date hot women and make a shit ton of money.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Did Prescott do it on his own or did they end up saying Moore called that play?

I thought they said it was designed to go a certain yardage and then get down to spike it, and Prescott fucked it up by running further downfield. I could be wrong but I thought I remember reading that.

But I agree with you on your overall point, Prescott's decision making is poor (and slow) but that's what happens when you spend all night on the ganja.

I believe it was an impulse call by Dak. That's whay was reported and I believe confirmed by MM in a press conference.

Kirk61

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Dak is due, this will be his bestist season ever as the bestist QB in all the world. Dak or bust, YAY!!!

Aggiepride

Practice Squad
Reaction score

No, Dak doesn't throw INTs because he doesn't risk the biscuit enough. Those other QB took chances and threaded the needle. They had confidence in their accuracy. As a result, they made plays for their team and scored points.

Believe it or not, Romo did the same. He took chances to make plays. Sometimes those chances don't work out.

If a QB is going to get big bucks, the QB needs to make plays that a normal QB can't.

To use an absurd example, If you put me in the game I won't throw a single INT. I promise you I won't. I also probably won't get one pass off either.

It's not about one single stat. In the NFL, you've got to anticipate, throw your receivers open, etcetera. And if you don't know what that means, watch highlights of Dan Marino throwing to Duper and Clayton.

Marino would sling that ball before the WR even made a break and throw it to a spot where he knew the WR would be.

Dak can do that too. I'm not saying he can't, but he isn't as good at doing it, and when he does take a chance it seems to not pay off as often as those other guys.

Dak's style, going all the way back to being a rookie, was to be sure the receiver is open before throwing. But when you're a QB who needs to make the play, you also have to anticipate if the receiver will be open and trust it.

The conservative approach is fine when protecting a lead etc.

Aggiepride

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Troy said Dak knows the standard in Dallas is Super Bowls, even though he doesn't have that kind of ability and we haven't sniffed that game in 25 years.
Troy is a diplomat. The optics of calling out any Cowboy QB looks bad. He is a national figure. He's going to say nice things. As does Roger.

I just watched Drew Brees being interviewed about Derek Carr. He had nothing but praise. Of course!

Troy also once said that Romo was a better QB than him.

People just say nice things. I don't put any stock in what Troy says publicly. Behind closed doors it could be an entirely different conversation.

Aggiepride

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Did Prescott do it on his own or did they end up saying Moore called that play?

I thought they said it was designed to go a certain yardage and then get down to spike it, and Prescott fucked it up by running further downfield. I could be wrong but I thought I remember reading that.

But I agree with you on your overall point, Prescott's decision making is poor (and slow) but that's what happens when you spend all night on the ganja.
What you wrote about Dak fucking it up by going further than designed is how I remember it happening as well.

I recall that you can even see Dak hesitate as if he is going to go down and then deciding to go further instead.

I do fault Dak on that play because that is a designed play. It's no different from when a WR is supposed to run 10 yards and then cut. It doesn't matter if his instincts tell him to go 13 yards. He is supposed to go 10.

It was a designed play that they practiced.

Aggiepride

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Seems more like a Capt Obvious type statement to me then.

Prescott has always said all the right things, in the beginning his leadership and work ethic etc etc made a lot of the vets take to him really fast (like our OL in 2016)

To me it's a little shade thrown at Romo maybe more than anything else. Romo never understood what the ultimate goals were (and IMO didnt care). I think Prescott WANTS to win and puts in the time (but isnt talented enough). I don't think it mattered to Romo, who was happy to be one of the guys, date hot women and make a shit ton of money.
Some of Romo's reputation was based on perception more so than reality.

For example, sure, Cabo looked bad, but he and Witten were working. It's funny how nobody criticized Witten for not caring, yet he was there too.

touchdown

Defense Wins Championships
Reaction score
For those that live in Fantasy Land and believe that Dak will take the Cowboys to the SuperBowl, I'd just like to know what drugs you are taking, because I might like to try them...

Aggiepride

Practice Squad
Reaction score
For those that live in Fantasy Land and believe that Dak will take the Cowboys to the SuperBowl, I'd just like to know what drugs you are taking, because I might like to try them...
I've seen worse QBs than Dak take their team to the SB. They need more parts around them than maybe the next guy.

I do believe Dak is a good to very good QB depending on the day. But I don't even think he is the best QB in the NFC East. I think most people would say that Hurts likely has that title, and, here's one for ya, I think that by the end of the season most people will say that Danial Jones is at least as good as Dak if not better.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
I'd laugh, but they just might be dumb enough to pay him. Hopefully that Brinks truck gets a flat.

RogtaDru

Spectator
Reaction score
I'd laugh, but they just might be dumb enough to pay him. Hopefully that Brinks truck gets a flat.

My gosh it's so depressing to know that your team's QB peaked his rookie year based on a dominant oline, RB and conservative playcalling while he still had plus mobility as well.
This 8 year experiment will not improve based on coach or team support.
The eyes and brain can't be fixed.
Decision Making as a QB, it's a pretty important skillset.

It's WHY the Cowboys lose.
And will continue to do so as long as the SleepNumber decision maker keeps taking snaps here.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

They could walk away from him after this season if they wanted to. Yes there's the dead cap space but they could also designate him a post June 1st cut next yr.

I still think if he fails to get the team deep into the playoffs he is on the road to being out of here after this season, especially if interceptions continue to be a huge issue.

Top Bottom