dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Notice it says things like "prediction" and "wait till the next offseason"

In other words, it aint happening unless he wins big this coming postseason.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Well, my 4 to 5 million per year prediction to keep Cooper Rush was on the high side, which might be a reflection of what the rest of the NFL really thinks of Cooper's skill set.

If the team is not near 100% and Dak gets hurt, I still don't think Rush can win consistently.

Dallas CAN win a SB with Dak. I've seen worse QBs win, and it seems Dallas is doing a credible job of bringing in talent. BUT, of course, so are other teams. Don't sleep on the Lions. I think we play them this year.

However, in an age that is pass happy, I think it's wise to keep drafting legitimate QB prospects. The third or 4th round is a good round to take a shot

I don't know what Mike White will do in Miami, but he has a few starts under his belt now and his confidence is growing. Tua will suffer another concussion. White will then take over a nice team. I wouldn't be surprised if he established himself as a legit starter.
According to a report I saw he turned down two other offers to stay in Dallas

Aggiepride

Practice Squad
Reaction score
My gosh,
It truly is GroundHog Day.
Pathetic. Year after year after year, smh.

Pretty sure it said a little more money. I think one of them was the Bengals.

I'll try and find the article again.
No need, if it was a little more money then it makes sense for Rush to stay in Dallas. There's no State income tax in Texas (speaking of which, I need to do mine), so after taxes he might have actually been making less or the same.

RogtaDru

Spectator
Reaction score

hard to imagine anyone peaking under a linehan offense
True,
and yet all the offseason yap sounds as if a full 180 back to that style of offense is the intent. Well, at least that's what Mac is publicly making it sound like.
And I'm still sticking to Dak being the best version of Dak that year imo, lol.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score

True,
and yet all the offseason yap sounds as if a full 180 back to that style of offense is the intent. Well, at least that's what Mac is publicly making it sound like.
Romo thrived under Linehan. lol

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score

True,
in his rookie yr, dak was maverick in top gun

dont think, just do

or maybe romo was giving him all the answers to the test

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
or maybe romo was giving him all the answers to the test
doubtful...Romo had plenty of the same issues Prescott does...like throwing into double and triple coverages and constantly audibling out of runs for passes

both of them are flawed and both of them are coach killers

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Romo was a putz. Nobody could have ever won shit with him.
romo had a knack for committing the back breaking turnover, but better coaching wouldve helped

maybe if romo had a defense that showed up things wouldve been different

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
doubtful...Romo had plenty of the same issues Prescott does...like throwing into double and triple coverages and constantly audibling out of runs for passes

both of them are flawed and both of them are coach killers
forgive my ignorance but please tell me what coach romo killed ?

you think garrett's shortcomings were romo's fault ?? youve been to the embarrassing garrett thread right ?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
romo had a knack for committing the back breaking turnover, but better coaching wouldve helped

maybe if romo had a defense that showed up things wouldve been different
Get so tied of "he didnt have this or that" around him.

Our defenses in 2007, 2008 and 2009 were among the league's best and Romo managed to win one playoff game and never sniffed a conference championship game, just like Prescott.

It isnt surprising that Romo's best yr (2014) came when he was not THE focal part of the offense.

I don't see any coaching that could have changed his ways. He was terrible at game preparation and it showed up at key points in key games by having all the turnovers. Championship QB's and great team leaders don't go on a drunken vacay for a few days before the biggest game of their life, nor do they respond to a 44-6 beatdown in which you sucked ass by saying "if this is the worst thing that ever happens to me I'll be fine"

Romo was a loser just like Prescott. Jimmy Johnson and Bill Belichick wouldnt have won with them either, and would have gotten rid of either of them instead of wasting year after year.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
forgive my ignorance but please tell me what coach romo killed ?

you think garrett's shortcomings were romo's fault ?? youve been to the embarrassing garrett thread right ?
OK, Romo didnt get many coaches "fired" so maybe I should have used the term "franchise killer" with him, because he put up good enough stats to make everyone think everything was fine and that he was "good" when in fact he was just as big a part of the problem as anyone else there. Ask yourself this, if we were owned and/or GM'd by anyone other than the Jones, how many coaches do you think we'd have ran through when Romo was here?

Jones is stupid for sticking with Garrett here as long as he did, but he did it in part because Romo wanted him here.

Romo had more pull with Jones than any guy save Aikman. I've said it numerous times, Romo could have gotten Garrett run out of here almost anytime he wanted (but especially before he signed that mega deal) had he said the word, but he didnt. Because Romo was just fine "being one of the guys"...drinking it up and making his money. He didnt care about winning.

The term "coach killer" can be interpreted in a number of ways but one of the common themes with "coach killers" is they themselves are never to blame for the failure of the team, no matter what they do on or off the field. Usually they can put up "stats" but they can never perform when it maters most or get a team over the top.

In the end, Jones, Garrett and Romo are the same in my book. They deserve each other and are all the epitome of losers.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
OK, Romo didnt get many coaches "fired" so maybe I should have used the term "franchise killer" with him, because he put up good enough stats to make everyone think everything was fine and that he was "good" when in fact he was just as big a part of the problem as anyone else there. Ask yourself this, if we were owned and/or GM'd by anyone other than the Jones, how many coaches do you think we'd have ran through when Romo was here?

Jones is stupid for sticking with Garrett here as long as he did, but he did it in part because Romo wanted him here.

Romo had more pull with Jones than any guy save Aikman. I've said it numerous times, Romo could have gotten Garrett run out of here almost anytime he wanted (but especially before he signed that mega deal) had he said the word, but he didnt. Because Romo was just fine "being one of the guys"...drinking it up and making his money. He didnt care about winning.

The term "coach killer" can be interpreted in a number of ways but one of the common themes with "coach killers" is they themselves are never to blame for the failure of the team, no matter what they do on or off the field. Usually they can put up "stats" but they can never perform when it maters most or get a team over the top.

In the end, Jones, Garrett and Romo are the same in my book. They deserve each other and are all the epitome of losers.
thats prob the best way to put it is that romo and garrett go hand in hand and were enabled and encouraged by jerry

i also felt like romo often tried to do too much and he was too quick to play hero ball. he definitely should have recognized that DAL needed to run the ball more.. i argue the game plan the coaches put together was dog shit more often than not

i guess if he lacked that killer instinct and was fine w/ status quo, theres not much that can be done. but we will never know if a change of scenery wouldve done anything for romo....but i think more likely than not it would have

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
thats prob the best way to put it is that romo and garrett go hand in hand and were enabled and encouraged by jerry

i also felt like romo often tried to do too much and he was too quick to play hero ball. he definitely should have recognized that DAL needed to run the ball more.. i argue the game plan the coaches put together was dog shit more often than not

i guess if he lacked that killer instinct and was fine w/ status quo, theres not much that can be done. but we will never know if a change of scenery wouldve done anything for romo....but i think more likely than not it would have
Hard to complain about the game plans when even his own teammates on defense were the ones complaining about all the run calls he changed to passes.

I guess you could say he got a change of scenery with CBS and now even they are complaining about the same things. That he is completely unprepared for game days and doesn't know basic shit about the teams he is covering.

He made something of himself from nothing (UDFA) and became a quality NFL player spo he should be commended for that, but he was never THAT good and I think really great coaches like Jimmy Johnson or Belichick (and probably even Parcells had he not gotten old and burned out and stayed awhile) would have replaced him pretty quick. Hell if he had pulled that Cabo shit on Jimmy I have zero doubt his ass would have been gone as soon as the offseason started. Jimmy would have shipped him to some team in Siberia or something

Top Bottom