dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
If that's true (above) I'd probably start aggressively trying to see what I could get for him, as long as they can get a suitable replacement in place. Moving on from him just for the sake of moving on isnt smart, but if they have a good Plan B then maybe it's something that needs to be looked at.

I'm all for keeping Prescott, but not if it means giving him an enormous deal that will cripple the team's cap for the next 5-6 yrs. He has to have a strong supporting cast (something he should realize) and if he crushes the cap our ability to field a strong roster will be compromised.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
If that's true (above) I'd probably start aggressively trying to see what I could get for him, as long as they can get a suitable replacement in place.
45 mil a year on a 3 year deal, which means we are right back with him at the trough after two? It's time to let him become a FA and draft a QB, and sign Dalton to a extended deal. And nobody's gonna give you anything worthwhile for him, knowing they are looking at 45 mil a year?

This is the kind of stuff that makes me think he doesn't want to be in Dallas. #2 highest paid player in the league behind Mahomes? No way.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
45 mil a year on a 3 year deal, which means we are right back with him at the trough after two? It's time to let him become a FA and draft a QB, and sign Dalton to a extended deal. And nobody's gonna give you anything worthwhile for him, knowing they are looking at 45 mil a year?

This is the kind of stuff that makes me think he doesn't want to be in Dallas. #2 highest paid player in the league behind Mahomes? No way.
Not sure I think Dalton is a suitable replacement.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Not sure I think Dalton is a suitable replacement.
I'm lookin at him as a stopgap. Not a replacement.

Somebody either Dak or his handlers apparently want to see how Jerruh reacts when you put him over a barrel.

nickb

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Russ is one of the QB’s I’d be happy to trade for

I just don’t like the raping the Seahawks would give Jerry to get him
You would almost have to do a sign and trade so they get a QB back and it would offset at least 1 of the first rounders they would be asking for but I'm with you as far him being 1 of those QBs you at least ponder a trade for

nickb

Practice Squad
Reaction score
That’s why they haven’t agreed to a deal yet. Last season Dak wanted a 4 year deal. Stephen said “we just don’t do 4 year deals”. They want to lock him in a 5-6 year deal but Dak wants to be able to be a free agent again by the time he’s 30 years old and by the time the new tv money kicks in. So now that we are another year into negotiations he wants a 3 year deal now (again in order to hit FA by age 30). Stephen has already said they won’t do. 4 year deal so like you said, why would they do a 3 year deal.

That’s why it’s really looking like at the very least this will be Dak’s last year in Dallas.

It’s going to very interesting to see if they tag Dak on March 9th (the deadline to use the tag) and then trade him before the draft. If that happens I’m looking directly at Chicago who has pick 20. Would you take a 1st and 3rd for Dak? I would!

I would then try to trade down a couple picks (12-14) and draft Mac Jones from Bama. Or worst case, just pick him at 10. Then with the 20th pick I’m drafting Trevon Moehrig from TCU.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No no no no no no no no on Mac Jones
Alabama doesn't even know that meaning of what a QB is....

Texzilla

Spectator
Reaction score
They badly miscalculated sticking to five and six year deals. The cap will almost double with the new TV money’s. I would offer $35m 3 yr and see if Francis bites. Then he gets a blockbuster deal on his third contract. It’s incomprehensible what QBs will make in 25 or 26.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
They badly miscalculated sticking to five and six year deals. The cap will almost double with the new TV money’s. I would offer $35m 3 yr and see if Francis bites. Then he gets a blockbuster deal on his third contract. It’s incomprehensible what QBs will make in 25 or 26.

Dak's team badly miscalculated. He'll play on another 1 year deal or get traded but no one is going to give big money to a guy coming of a serious leg injury.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Dak's team badly miscalculated. He'll play on another 1 year deal or get traded but no one is going to give big money to a guy coming of a serious leg injury.
Compound fracture. Bone stickin outta the skin. Playing in the sand of all things while it's still all swole. Let him become a FA nobody's gonna give you shit in a trade for him for the very reason you cite.

nickb

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Compound fracture. Bone stickin outta the skin. Playing in the sand of all things while it's still all swole. Let him become a FA nobody's gonna give you shit in a trade for him for the very reason you cite.
Plus, I may be naive here, but I just don't see a team out there shelling $40 large/yr for him.
This is again a classic case of us bidding against us.
I heard on Cowherd the other day that he has made upwards of $50M from endorsements...good luck getting that as the (insert team name here) QB!!!

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
jones and spawn will never have the discipline to let him test the market or walk, I suspect the deals already largely wrapped up and jeri just wants to drag this out until the last possible second for maximum media attention, its so fucking played out with these yahoos, you'd think folks would catch on by now

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Here are more details
38ab034f933e33f3a50ed0ef5203c3d3.jpg

First 3 years at $42 Mils with a record setting guaranteed $126mils

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
But I guess if you give Romo 100 million dollars with a broken back, I shouldn't be too surprised. I was heartbroken the kid broke his leg last year and felt sick to my stomach. Good for him, bad for the Cowboys.

Top Bottom