dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Wow, you mean an end of the draft rookie guy surrounded by backups to backups on the OL couldn't be successful?

Gee I am stunned.

Not being successful and being rated as the worst (starting) QB in the league are two different things entirely

I don’t ever want to see any Cowboy player at any position for any reason be rated as the worst in the league. I don’t care what the situation is.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Not being successful and being rated as the worst (starting) QB in the league are two different things entirely

I don’t ever want to see any Cowboy player at any position for any reason be rated as the worst in the league. I don’t care what the situation is.

So because he was bad for a game as a rookie with a mediocre supporting cast basically no offseason work and no preseason, he is doomed forever? He can't possibly develop or get better?

I don't necessarily believe he is ever true starter material, but it's way too early to tell.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
So because he was bad for a game as a rookie with a mediocre supporting cast basically no offseason work and no preseason, he is doomed forever? He can't possibly develop or get better?

I don't necessarily believe he is ever true starter material, but it's way too early to tell.
Granted, he couldn’t have had much of a worse situation to start his first NFL game

But I believe the Broncos had to start a running back at QB for a game due to Covid

And DaNooch still rated last in the league

English Cowboy

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Granted, he couldn’t have had much of a worse situation to start his first NFL game

But I believe the Broncos had to start a running back at QB for a game due to Covid

And DaNooch still rated last in the league
The Broncos opened in the wildcat formation so didn't officially start a QB in that game.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Let's be honest for a minute here. I keep reading all these predictions on how much the Cowboys will sign Prescott for. The guy is coming off a devastating injury. He's not getting signed long term until he can play a full season, regaless of all the talk from Jerry and his spawn. Dak will get franchised again and play out 2021. His agents fucked him pretty good.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Let's be honest for a minute here. I keep reading all these predictions on how much the Cowboys will sign Prescott for. The guy is coming off a devastating injury. He's not getting signed long term until he can play a full season, regaless of all the talk from Jerry and his spawn. Dak will get franchised again and play out 2021. His agents fucked him pretty good.

If that happens he’s probably gone

Isn’t it historically the case that no QB has ever signed with the team that tagged them twice?

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score

I think it was PFF that predicted that the Cowboys will sign Dak to 4 years at $156M ($39M per) with $115M guaranteed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
If that happens he’s probably gone

Isn’t it historically the case that no QB has ever signed with the team that tagged them twice?

The only QB I can think of that has been franchised twice is Kirk Cousins.

You’re right though, if they franchise him again and he actually plays under the tag he’s going to walk after the season.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I think it was PFF that predicted that the Cowboys will sign Dak to 4 years at $156M ($39M per) with $115M guaranteed.

Dak didn't get that money when he had two good legs.....

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
True but it’s likely close to what he’s actually going to get.

From what dbair posted, maybe you're correct. Things could get interesting and ugly at the same time. I don't sign him long term until I know he can play on the ankle. But that's just me.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
From what dbair posted, maybe you're correct. Things could get interesting and ugly at the same time. I don't sign him long term until I know he can play on the ankle. But that's just me.

Did you see the pic he took on the beach with his girlfriend? His ankle does look a little odd.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Did you see the pic he took on the beach with his girlfriend? His ankle does look a little odd.

I saw that and it looked very odd. I said it before....he should have taken the money. I just can't fathom him receiving a huge pay day after the injury but this is Jerry we're talking about.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Can someone post that pic in question?

I saw the one on the beach and I didn’t notice anything different

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Can someone post that pic in question?

I saw the one on the beach and I didn’t notice anything different

Here is the tweet. Maybe it’s the angle of the picture or maybe he’s just got big ass ankles? If you go to the actual tweet there are 3 photos. One is a close up of the ankle.

Top Bottom