Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Here is the tweet. Maybe it’s the angle of the picture or maybe he’s just got big ass ankles? If you go to the actual tweet there are 3 photos. One is a close up of the ankle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thx MrB

That’s the pic I saw to

I’m just not seeing it

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
They mismanaged Zeke (paid him too early) and they'll mismanage Dak (pay him at the 11th hour for a premium). Jerry and Stephen are great at 3D chess.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I don’t see anything in that pic that alarms me too much

I’m more curious what the doctors are telling the team about his condition
I don't either to be honest, he's had two surgeries on it and one was not that long ago. It should be swollen some.

I doubt he's be walking around in the sand barefoot if there were some really serious issues still remaining.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
They mismanaged Zeke (paid him too early) and they'll mismanage Dak (pay him at the 11th hour for a premium). Jerry and Stephen are great at 3D chess.

Also paid Jaylon too early. If they had waited even 1 more season they would not have given him that contract.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

Well they could have simply overpaid Dak in either of the two previous lengthy negotiations they had, and they didn't. They seem pretty determined to keep his deal within whatever budget they had established for themselves.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
If they don’t clear enough money by the 9th they won’t be able to franchise him either. I wonder what kind of money they save by Sean Lee and Tyrone Crawford retiring.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
This is what Dak’s agent is predicting 3 yrs $123M

The entire problem before was the years on the contract

The Cowboys wanted to lock him up for 5 years and Dak wanted 4 years so he would have a better chance at hitting the market and getting another contract out of Jerry

So this is even worse than what was proposed before which was the sticking point in the first place.

Why would Jerry all of a sudden agree to a 3 year deal when he refused to agree on a 4 year deal the last two seasons?

Makes no sense at all

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score

The Cowboys wanted to lock him up for 5 years and Dak wanted 4 years so he would have a better chance at hitting the market and getting another contract out of Jerry

So this is even worse than what was proposed before which was the sticking point in the first place.

Why would Jerry all of a sudden agree to a 3 year deal when he refused to agree on a 4 year deal the last two seasons?

Makes no sense at all

That’s why they haven’t agreed to a deal yet. Last season Dak wanted a 4 year deal. Stephen said “we just don’t do 4 year deals”. They want to lock him in a 5-6 year deal but Dak wants to be able to be a free agent again by the time he’s 30 years old and by the time the new tv money kicks in. So now that we are another year into negotiations he wants a 3 year deal now (again in order to hit FA by age 30). Stephen has already said they won’t do. 4 year deal so like you said, why would they do a 3 year deal.

That’s why it’s really looking like at the very least this will be Dak’s last year in Dallas.

It’s going to very interesting to see if they tag Dak on March 9th (the deadline to use the tag) and then trade him before the draft. If that happens I’m looking directly at Chicago who has pick 20. Would you take a 1st and 3rd for Dak? I would!

I would then try to trade down a couple picks (12-14) and draft Mac Jones from Bama. Or worst case, just pick him at 10. Then with the 20th pick I’m drafting Trevon Moehrig from TCU.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

Makes no sense at all
It's an agents pipedream, that's all

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
It’s going to very interesting to see if they tag Dak on March 9th (the deadline to use the tag) and then trade him before the draft. If that happens I’m looking directly at Chicago who has pick 20. Would you take a 1st and 3rd for Dak? I would!

I would then try to trade down a couple picks (12-14) and draft Mac Jones from Bama. Or worst case, just pick him at 10. Then with the 20th pick I’m drafting Trevon Moehrig from TCU.

I am glad you are not running the team then.

Top Bottom