dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
In reality if you have a top 5 pick you go QB. Pay one on that rookie deal and let Dak leave. Spend that 40 mil you save on some D help.

That's fine if the guy can play, but the QB spot has proven to be a crapshoot even with really early picks.

It's a no brainer when you have a generational talent like Elway or Aikman with the #1 overall pick, but otherwise.....

Number1

Practice Squad
Reaction score
That's fine if the guy can play, but the QB spot has proven to be a crapshoot even with really early picks.

It's a no brainer when you have a generational talent like Elway or Aikman with the #1 overall pick, but otherwise.....

JJ may look at it like ... Romo UDFA, Dak R4 pick - but if there's a QB that wows him, he'd do it in R1

but your right most R1 QBs don't workout so well

me - I'd likely draft a big school QB (who won't freeze) in R3 who can throw on the move

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
When can the Cowboys start talks with Dak again?

As soon as the season ends right?

If the draft rolls around and Dak isn’t signed then this next draft is going to get really interesting

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Count me in. Too bad they keep winning meaningless games. Wilson went out the window now.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

With the way 2020 has gone with COVID, the election, Dak being gone for the season the perfect 2020 ending to this Cowboy season will be for the Cowboys to win the division and win at least one playoff game to make damn sure that they completely fuck up our draft position for 2021!

That is the only fitting and logical outcome to the way this fucked up year has been going

ShaneFalco

Spectator
Reaction score
Count me in. Too bad they keep winning meaningless games. Wilson went out the window now.

Need to lose rest of their games at the very least.
Good thing is DAL has the trade pieces to go get Zack. If they can stay at 8 or move up to 6-7, it won’t be hard to get to 4.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
With the way 2020 has gone with COVID, the election, Dak being gone for the season the perfect 2020 ending to this Cowboy season will be for the Cowboys to win the division and win at least one playoff game to make damn sure that they completely fuck up our draft position for 2021!

That is the only fitting and logical outcome to the way this fucked up year has been going
The biggest problem I have with this scenario is not the draft position or getting run off the field in the playoffs. Nope. The biggest problem for me is this gives Jerry that glimmer of hope that he is on the right track, the rationalizations will mount, it will be business as usual. A 3 or 4 win shit show of a season and getting flexed of national games would have been better in that regard.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
DAL trading up for a qb is not gonna happen and i dont see any reason to waste time on it

ShaneFalco

Spectator
Reaction score
The biggest problem I have with this scenario is not the draft position or getting run off the field in the playoffs. Nope. The biggest problem for me is this gives Jerry that glimmer of hope that he is on the right track, the rationalizations will mount, it will be business as usual. A 3 or 4 win shit show of a season and getting flexed of national games would have been better in that regard.

Yeah, I can see Ol’ Jeeruh getting delusional and thinking they are on their way to a SB next season.
I think there’s actually going to be a lot of movement into the top 10 this year to acquire a QB. I see 5 QBs gone by pick 13 regardless of how it all pans out.
Prepare yourselves for the inevitable hype and rise of Mac Jones and Kyle Trask into the top 10. And rightfully so. They both have played themselves into that position.
League is driven by the QB position.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
DAL trading up for a qb is not gonna happen and i dont see any reason to waste time on it

That’s assuming Dak signs a contract

If he is still fucking around trying to get a better deal from Jeruh by the time the draft rolls around then we could be looking for a QB

hopefully Dak receives some better advice this time around and jumps on whatever contract Jeruh throws at him well before the draft so that scenario is completely off the table

ShaneFalco

Spectator
Reaction score
o
That’s assuming Dak signs a contract

If he is still fucking around trying to get a better deal from Jeruh by the time the draft rolls around then we could be looking for a QB

hopefully Dak receives some better advice this time around and jumps on whatever contract Jeruh throws at him well before the draft so that scenario is completely off the table
DAL should be actively shopping DAK in the off-season anyways. I don’t even know if they can or he just walks when his tag ends. If so let him walk and move on. Forget a contract cause he’s not the answer.
Find a way to get ZWilson. If you can’t get Wilson, draft M Jones or Trask and move on. Dalton as the bridge QB next season is perfectly fine.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
The salary cap is going to be reduced, from all I hear. Another huge QB contract for yet again another guy who hasn't done jack shit really? Not responsible IMO. Especially when we have myriad other personnel problems to address.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
The salary cap is going to be reduced, from all I hear. Another huge QB contract for yet again another guy who hasn't done jack shit really? Not responsible IMO. Especially when we have myriad other personnel problems to address.

Jerry is going to look at how this team performed before Dak got hurt, then how they did without Dak to justify throwing even more money at him.

nickb

Practice Squad
Reaction score
All you have to do is look at that fucktard of an organization called the Eagles as a cautionary tale...I've always been in on Dak just not at the price tag he wants and i don't give a fuck if he is "the next in line"...that fucken' argument is lazy

ShaneFalco

Spectator
Reaction score
DAL is in the unique position to move up and get a QB.
DAL has 2 offenses to play with.
DAK-ZEKE-COOPER
ROOKIE QB-POLLARD-LAMB-GALLUP

Trade DAK and Cooper and DAL 1st round pick to either JAX or CAR. Or NYJ if they reclaim the #1 pick.
Remember NYJ and JAX have 2 1sts.
Trade Zeke to another team for a 4th.

JAX could have,
DAK-COOPER-SHARK-SHENAULT-DAL 1st rounder-JAX 2nd 1st rounder(pick 26

CAR
DAK-MCAFFREY-COOPER-MOORE-ROBINSON-DAL 1st rounder

DAL
LAWRENCE OR ZWILSON-LAMB-GALLUP-POLLARD-CAPSPACE!!!!

JAX could go into next year like this.
QB-DAK
WRS- COOPER-SHENAULT-SHARK
OT- ALEX LEATHERWOOD ( DAL 8th pick)
RB- TRAVIS ETIENNE or NAJEE HARRIS (26TH PICK)
TE- BREVIN JORDAN (1st pick 2nd round)

DAL gets a cheap franchise QB and cap space and JAX, NYJ or CAR get to rebuild quickly.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
DAL is in the unique position to move up and get a QB.
DAL has 2 offenses to play with.
DAK-ZEKE-COOPER
ROOKIE QB-POLLARD-LAMB-GALLUP

Trade DAK and Cooper and DAL 1st round pick to either JAX or CAR. Or NYJ if they reclaim the #1 pick.
Remember NYJ and JAX have 2 1sts.
Trade Zeke to another team for a 4th.

JAX could have,
DAK-COOPER-SHARK-SHENAULT-DAL 1st rounder-JAX 2nd 1st rounder(pick 26

CAR
DAK-MCAFFREY-COOPER-MOORE-ROBINSON-DAL 1st rounder

DAL
LAWRENCE OR ZWILSON-LAMB-GALLUP-POLLARD-CAPSPACE!!!!

JAX could go into next year like this.
QB-DAK
WRS- COOPER-SHENAULT-SHARK
OT- ALEX LEATHERWOOD ( DAL 8th pick)
RB- TRAVIS ETIENNE or NAJEE HARRIS (26TH PICK)
TE- BREVIN JORDAN (1st pick 2nd round)

DAL gets a cheap franchise QB and cap space and JAX, NYJ or CAR get to rebuild quickly.
Not that any of this will remotely happen, I am sure you must have noticed over the last 25 years, this FO doesn't think that fast.

Top Bottom