Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I kind of like that hat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do too B. I hope he's able to heal up and come back, both physically and mentally. I think these types of injuries can be as much mental as anything. I hate to see a young guy get injured that way, regardless of how I feel about him at the position. I'm rooting for him.

Reactions: MrB

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I do too B. I hope he's able to heal up and come back, both physically and mentally. I think these types of injuries can be as much mental as anything. I hate to see a young guy get injured that way, regardless of how I feel about him at the position. I'm rooting for him.

He got the hat from a local company called Bullzerk. Check out their website. They have some cool stuff.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
At home on his couch watching the game and listening to the Cha Ching, Cha Ching, Cha Ching sounds as his price kelps going up each week

Dak is going to get PAID!

It’s funny because going into this season I though if Dalton gets a chance to play he could really rebuild his stock but man he has looked really bad at times. I know it’s not all his fault but I think his stock has dropped even more.

Number1

Practice Squad
Reaction score
At home on his couch watching the game and listening to the Cha Ching, Cha Ching, Cha Ching sounds as his price kelps going up each week

I'd feel better about it if Dak had been there for moral support

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Dak is going to get PAID!

It’s funny because going into this season I though if Dalton gets a chance to play he could really rebuild his stock but man he has looked really bad at times. I know it’s not all his fault but I think his stock has dropped even more.

I agree

With how well Dak was performing in this offense even with all the problems I expected Dalton to do much better with the weapons we have

nickb

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I'm starting to rethink my stance on Dak based on how pathetic this team has been without his leadership ands play
The smart thing, since we most likely will not win another game this year, is to sign Dak to a long term contract (I now at minimum he is getting tagged again) thereby guaranteeing stability at the most important position on the field
We then need to stockpile picks and trade down since I don't think we would have to trade too far to get multiple extra picks...I see us drafting, best case, #2 and we could certainly entice the Jaguars to trade up to go get Fields
We have way too many holes on this team for us to have the luxury of grabbing Fields or Lawrence an Dak can get us there but we need to provide him with more than what is there
I still would like a reboot to Meyer or Riley...ok admitting you screwed the pooch on the McCarthy hire and move on...no excuses either about the pandemic or what not McCarthy has been a failure so far...lets see what the next 8 games tells us about him
I know, I know, I know who runs the FO but a man can dream can he not?

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I'm starting to rethink my stance on Dak based on how pathetic this team has been without his leadership ands play
The smart thing, since we most likely will not win another game this year, is to sign Dak to a long term contract (I now at minimum he is getting tagged again) thereby guaranteeing stability at the most important position on the field
We then need to stockpile picks and trade down since I don't think we would have to trade too far to get multiple extra picks...I see us drafting, best case, #2 and we could certainly entice the Jaguars to trade up to go get Fields
We have way too many holes on this team for us to have the luxury of grabbing Fields or Lawrence an Dak can get us there but we need to provide him with more than what is there
I still would like a reboot to Meyer or Riley...ok admitting you screwed the pooch on the McCarthy hire and move on...no excuses either about the pandemic or what not McCarthy has been a failure so far...lets see what the next 8 games tells us about him
I know, I know, I know who runs the FO but a man can dream can he not?

Trading down and staying within the top 5 would be ideal. Pick up an extra 1st in next years draft and still be able to draft Patrick Surtain II.

What’s going to be interesting though is if they land at #2 and decide to take Fields. I know
This team needs defense but hitting the reset button on the QB position and spending that $40M/per on the defensive side of the ball (and OL) could also be ideal.

nickb

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Trading down and staying within the top 5 would be ideal. Pick up an extra 1st in next years draft and still be able to draft Patrick Surtain II.

What’s going to be interesting though is if they land at #2 and decide to take Fields. I know
This team needs defense but hitting the reset button on the QB position and spending that $40M/per on the defensive side of the ball (and OL) could also be ideal.

I used to think that if you can upgrade the most significant position on the field then do it but the way the D played today I would take the sure thing understanding the ankle is the elephant in the room
You can continue to add to this D especially at LB, CB and God forbid S

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I used to think that if you can upgrade the most significant position on the field then do it but the way the D played today I would take the sure thing understanding the ankle is the elephant in the room
You can continue to add to this D especially at LB, CB and God forbid S

That’s definitely an option. With two QB’s already projected in the top 5 and possibly 1 or 2 more climbing the Cowboys could have their pick of the best defensive player on the board (whoever that might be).

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
In reality if you have a top 5 pick you go QB. Pay one on that rookie deal and let Dak leave. Spend that 40 mil you save on some D help.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
In reality if you have a top 5 pick you go QB. Pay one on that rookie deal and let Dak leave. Spend that 40 mil you save on some D help.

That’s the way I would go.

Have you looked at the other QB’s besides Fields and Lawrence? Zach Wilson is intriguing.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
1. Jerry is getting older and doesn't want to start over with a rookie QB
2. Dak is legitimately good (sometimes great) whereas Fields is a maybe
3. Ohio State QBs have never succeeded in the pros

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I'm not advocating for any particular QB nor was I saying we would draft one. I was speaking of reality... Not Jerryactric.

Reactions: MrB

nickb

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Had a buddy say the same thing about Buckeye QBs and I do love the intangibles that Dak brings to the table which we can't guarantee anyone coming out has but no risk it no biscuit...

nickb

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Heard Kellerman mention that about saving money with a rookie
Fuck I guess I'm torn about what to do as I could see both sides of the coin and saving that money to pay D players makes sense but I do like known vs. unknown

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Heard Kellerman mention that about saving money with a rookie
Fuck I guess I'm torn about what to do as I could see both sides of the coin and saving that money to pay D players makes sense but I do like known vs. unknown
That one guy gobbles up a huge percentage of the much shrunken due to covid, salary cap. Shit has changed drastically.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
bcd7af818e688b4cbf0d16600ca2033c.jpg

Top Bottom