Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
So we have apparently made Dak an offer of $33mils per year with $105 mils guaranteed.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
72bf6d666a6f12cfddbfa4d8c353d956.jpg

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
So we have apparently made Dak an offer of $33mils per year with $105 mils guaranteed.
Wasn't that the original offer last August? Haven't seen any recent news about any offers.

Wonder if this is a bigger offer than the one he turned down. Stupid of us to reward his failed gamble.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
It doesn’t sound like it’s the original offer

I’ve seen the report on a couple different Cowboys sites so I just figured that it was a new offer

I don’t remember the original offer covering so much guaranteed money

But I could be wrong, it’s not like THAT has ever happened before LOL

nickb

Practice Squad
Reaction score
It doesn’t sound like it’s the original offer

I’ve seen the report on a couple different Cowboys sites so I just figured that it was a new offer

I don’t remember the original offer covering so much guaranteed money

But I could be wrong, it’s not like THAT has ever happened before LOL
Yes I believe you are correct as this contract has $5M more in guarantees than what was previously being reported at the beginning of the season...still less than Wentz or Wilson in guarantees so lets watch this egomaniac believe he should get more than them...

nickb

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Have a buddy who works at the Four Seasons in Maui and he gets a lot of NFL players there and is always chatting them up
Recently talked to Brandin Cooks and he said that Dak is the 3rd worry when defenses start scouting the opponent...also that we need to retain Cooper and b/c Dak's arm is average, Cooper is being underutilized on deep posts and gos
We just cannot pay a guy this kind of coin if he is limiting the offense in this way

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Have a buddy who works at the Four Seasons in Maui and he gets a lot of NFL players there and is always chatting them up
Recently talked to Brandin Cooks and he said that Dak is the 3rd worry when defenses start scouting the opponent...also that we need to retain Cooper and b/c Dak's arm is average, Cooper is being underutilized on deep posts and gos
We just cannot pay a guy this kind of coin if he is limiting the offense in this way

Dak was 2nd in yards, 4th in TD’s, 3rd in yards per game, 5th in QBR, 5th in completions

Is he really what is “limiting the offense”?

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Dak was 2nd in yards, 4th in TD’s, 3rd in yards per game, 5th in QBR, 5th in completions

The most responsible for stalling the offense is now installing that same offense in New York.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nickb

Practice Squad
Reaction score

When certain routes cannot be implemented into the offense then yes he is limiting what the offense can do.
Plus, last years numbers were all fluff. Romo had plenty of years like that and it always wound up in the same way...complete underachievement when it mattered most, in the playoffs!!!
I am not interested in his stats for 8-8, no how no way...Winston is in this realm numbers wise as well.
To be clear I am not in the camp that he can carry this team to a championship so would not pay him what he wants...when you have to put too much around him to succeed he cannot take up 10-15% of the salary cap.

nickb

Practice Squad
Reaction score
The most responsible for stalling the offense is now installing that same offense in New York.

We shall see but the QB is part of it...

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Plus, last years numbers were all fluff. Romo had plenty of years like that and it always wound up in the same way...complete underachievement when it mattered most, in the playoffs!!!
So, you were against the big Romo contract too?
When certain routes cannot be implemented into the offense
Care to name any of those? Or have any evidence we took anything out of the playbook because we don't have a QB who can throw it? Dude has a highlight reel full of every throw there is, successfully completed. He can make all the throws and HAS made all the throws.

He does dumb stuff at times, misses reads, tries to extend plays too much, takes sacks you shouldn't take, has a lousy ball come out of his hand at times... but that's EVERY QUARTERBACK who has ever played the game in this league. But he protects the ball much better than most, puts in the work and does what he's asked to do. And for the most part does a fine job.

Name me one regularly starting QB who hasn't had stinker games, stinker seasons. Who hasn't been streaky during a season - sometimes all-world great, sometimes stinking the place up. They ain't none. It's part of the game.

All that said, I am against the big contract, and for all the same reasons I was against the Romo deal. Neither guy has any skins on the wall. Dak has NO "leverage" in my eyes. He should be exposed to the free market to find out what he's really worth. THEN we negotiate. We should play hardball with any QB who hasn't accomplished anything.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
When certain routes cannot be implemented into the offense then yes he is limiting what the offense can do.
I am not interested in his stats for 8-8, no how no way...Winston is in this realm numbers wise as well.
To be clear I am not in the camp that he can carry this team to a championship so would not pay him what he wants...when you have to put too much around him to succeed he cannot take up 10-15% of the salary cap.

So Romo was a perennial 8-8 QB that underachieved and now Dak is an 8-8 QB who underachieves

What has been consistent between the two QB’s?

Maybe the QB’s haven’t been the limiting factors over the last 10 years

lons

UDFA
Reaction score
Dak is a whole lotta great things, Superbowl Winning Quarterback will never be one of them. We have a new Head Coach, why saddle him with Dak for the next 5 years? Throw the franchise tag on the fucker and let's see what you HC thinks after a year. Hell, tell Dak to fuck off and eat this next year of suck and draft a QB for the first time since fucking Aikman in the first round.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Throw the franchise tag on the fucker and let's see what you HC thinks after a year.
Looks like that's exactly what's happening. The tab will be 31.6 mil. Against only 74 mil of cap space.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Dak is a whole lotta great things, Superbowl Winning Quarterback will never be one of them.
So, he's Dan Marino? But will never be Jeff Hostetler or Trent Dilfer or Brad Johnson or Joe Flacco?

Dak can win the SB. But people seem to want that mythical, non-existent thing called a QB who can "do it alone." It's never happened and never will happen. There's not ONE quarterback who has won a SB who didn't also have a great defense and excellent special teams there with him. Who didn't have great coaching. It simply doesn't exist.

QB isn't the problem in Dallas. You're fine with the one you have. If we could improve it on the cheap I'd love that. But I see no way to get there presently. And even if so it would be a crap shoot, like any rookie QB is.

They want a 5 year deal, Dak wants 4. That's the hangup. So, we'll likely tag him and see what happens with a starting QB who doesn't report to camp, doesn't participate in OTAs, and might not even come in until week 5 or later. If he holds off from coming in we likely sign a veteran QB under FA and go from there. Probably do anyway, even if just as a backup.

I still think we should instead hang the non-exclusive tag on him and let the suitors come. Expose him to the real market. Let him see what the league really values him at. THEN when nobody thinks he is worth a long term taller dollar deal and giving up two first round draft picks, we lower our offer drastically and say "See? You lost the gamble again!"

But we don't have any testicular fortitude in our FO.

The above line by the way, IS why we haven't even so much as sniffed a SB in 24 years. Not due to who's playing QB.

langston

Spectator
Reaction score
Just throwing this out there, any guess who might be the Cowboys starting QB in 4 or so years????? Can you see it now John Stephen Jones ……. grandson of Jerry ...…...…… talk about keeping it in the family ………. LMAO

C.mon Jerry don't be scared hang that non-exclusive tag on Dak "Dookie" Prescott

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Just throwing this out there, any guess who might be the Cowboys starting QB in 4 or so years????? Can you see it now John Stephen Jones ……. grandson of Jerry ...…...…… talk about keeping it in the family ………. LMAO

C.mon Jerry don't be scared hang that non-exclusive tag on Dak "Dookie" Prescott

All joking aside I absolutely think that John Stephen will be on the team. I don’t know if he’ll play QB but he will definitely be on the team. I would not be surprised if they draft him a round or two early just to guarantee that he ends up on the team.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I always find it odd when people who talk about Dak talk about his "leadership" and then give a luke warm endorsement of his talent. It makes me think that I'm qualified to be an NFL QB, since I was a leader and all. And I'd give the team a hell of a discount.

Top Bottom