SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
lol

I haven't even picked up a book since that last book I mentioned (Comrad J).

Now that football season is over, I might pick up that JFK book I mentioned to sbk earlier.

I'm reading Jim Marrs' book,"Crossfire",about the JFK assassination.
This is the book Oliver Stone's movie "JFK" is based on.
After reading about halfway through the book,I can tell Stone's movie is very loosely based on this book.
Conspiracy theories aside,it's an interesting book.

Reaction score
Im halfway through the second book of song of ice and fire, clash of kings... Theyre Loooooong (1000 pages in paperback) but good. gotta power through before game of thrones starts back up in april.

Good stuff. I'm about to start book 5. Usually not into lore and such, but its well done.

Reaction score
I'll have to check out these JFK books. I'm an ardent Oswald did it guy, but I like checking out the other side.

Reaction score
Reading this right now...pretty good WWII bio.

shiftys_war%2BRevised.jpg

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
I'll have to check out these JFK books. I'm an ardent Oswald did it guy, but I like checking out the other side.

Yeah,we've discussed this before.
I'm liking this book for Marrs' research and attention to detail.This book is nowhere near the paranoia fest that the movie "JFK" was.Stone only used a small part of the material for his movie.
Check it out if you get a chance.

Reaction score
wuthering heights by emily bronte. the story is very interesting considering the fact that the book was first published in 1847.

Cythim

Reaction score
JRR Tolkien's Unfinished Tales. It is really too bad he didn't get to finish his writings.

hairic

Spectator
Reaction score
For January:

Non-fiction:
I Chose Liberty: Autobiographies of Contemporary Libertarians. Compiled by Walter Block.
Random library book: Information Theory, Inference, and Learning Algorithms by David J.C. MacKey... I regret this.

Fiction:
War of the Worlds by H.G. Wells
Random library book: 11/22/63 by Stephen King

Last edited:

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
Someone recommend a book for me.

I'm not really into politics or hobbits.

Maybe something sports related.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Someone recommend a book for me.

I'm not really into politics or hobbits.

Maybe something sports related.

Sports wise Blood, sweat and chalk by tim layden is great. It is a breakdown and evolution of the offensive and defensive systems in football...that sounds boring but it is filled with stories and stuff from some of the nfls greatest teams...for instance there is a whole chapter on the cowboys bang 8 slant under norv turner and where it came from...

great book.

Cotton bowl days is a must for cowboys fans and mike fishers stars and strife is a good cowboys book on the cowboys dynasty from mike fisher and richie whitt. Lots of crazy stories. Great insight to jimmy and the team. Alot about how jimmy didnt like aikman and aikman wanted out....great stuff.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I just ordered a couple of books I am looking forward to.

yes I appear to be an 80s la metal head but I like all kinds of music and right now my head is wrapped around the LA scene in the early 80s.

About to read The Dirt by the motley crue guys
http://www.amazon.com/Dirt-Annivers...=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1325862794&sr=1-1

Tales from a ratt, Things you shouldnt know by bobby blotzer
http://www.amazon.com/Tales-RATT-Things-Shouldnt-Know/dp/0615364012

Sex, Drugs and Bon Jovi by rich bozzett
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...ipbooks&field-keywords=sex+drugs+and+bon+jovi

cant wait till they get here.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
Thanks, Hairic/Theebs.

I'll be buying a couple of those out in the next few weeks or so.

Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score
In the middle of The Inner Circle by Brad Meltzer; outstanding as always.

Top Bottom