Reaction score
I just got done reading this book:

x16491.jpg

Decent book. Interesting. I'm intrigued by espionage.

Not sure what my next book will be.

Anyone else read?

C

Cr122

I just got done reading this book:

x16491.jpg

Decent book. Interesting. I'm intrigued by espionage.

Not sure what my next book will be.

Anyone else read?

Haven't read that book, but it looks like a good one.

I've been reading a lot of Stephen King lately.

Reaction score
Haven't read that book, but it looks like a good one.

I've been reading a lot of Stephen King lately.

I read a lot of Stephen King years ago. I'm more into non-fiction now.

My favorite King book would be Eyes of the Dragon. I read that when I was 13, and loved it. Hearts in Atlantis was pretty good too.

C

Cr122

I read a lot of Stephen King years ago. I'm more into non-fiction now.

My favorite King book would be Eyes of the Dragon. I read that when I was 13, and loved it. Hearts in Atlantis was pretty good too.

Good books, pretty much I like everything King writes.

One of my favorites was Bag of Bones.

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
Good books, pretty much I like everything King writes.

One of my favorites was Bag of Bones.

I'm re-reading "It".Been 10 years or so,so it's kinda nostalgic and still good enough to reread.

Eyes of the Dragon is King's most under rated book.

I'm a prolific reader,read every fiction genre,from Louis L'Amour to Robert A Heinlein to Robert B Parker to Michael Crichton.

I'll read non fiction if well written,hate the dry tone some people take when writing non fiction.

Comrade J looks interesting.I too,am intrigued by intrigue,I especially like the whole Cold War and it's aftermath.

Reaction score
Comrade J looks interesting.I too,am intrigued by intrigue,I especially like the whole Cold War and it's aftermath.

I trust you meant espionage.

And if that's the case, the author (Pete Earley) published two other books that were, IMO, better.

My favorite book that I've read at least 4 times is the following:

x16494.jpg

I'm very familiar with this book, and the story it's based on. I held the same position in the Navy, and worked out of the same office that John Walker, the person the book is about, did. He is probably the biggest reason why we lost the Viet Nam war.

The other is Confessions of a Spy, based on CIA spy Aldrich Ames.

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
I trust you meant espionage.

And if that's the case, the author (Pete Earley) published two other books that were, IMO, better.

My favorite book that I've read at least 4 times is the following:

x16494.jpg

I'm very familiar with this book, and the story it's based on. I held the same position in the Navy, and worked out of the same office that John Walker, the person the book is about, did. He is probably the biggest reason why we lost the Viet Nam war.

The other is Confessions of a Spy, based on CIA spy Aldrich Ames.

lol @ me.

yeah,don't know why I typed that.

I am fairly familiar w/Walker and Ames stories,but am always interested in a different telling of any story,especially when

recommended by a fellow reader.

Strangely enough,my nephew is an Intelligence WO in the Army.Meaningless,I realize,but sychronicity,you know?

sbk92

Reaction score
I get into biographies of people I find interesting or conspiracy theory type stuff.

Big on anything about the Kennedy assassination. Right now I'm reading a book on Marilyn Monroe's highly questionable suicide. Stuff like that fascinates me.

Reaction score
I get into biographies of people I find interesting or conspiracy theory type stuff.

Big on anything about the Kennedy assassination. Right now I'm reading a book on Marilyn Monroe's highly questionable suicide. Stuff like that fascinates me.

Intersting that you mention that. That is a topic that really interests me, and the following book was recommended to me:

Regicide: The Official Assassination of John F. Kennedy

Familiar with it?

sbk92

Reaction score
Intersting that you mention that. That is a topic that really interests me, and the following book was recommended to me:

Regicide: The Official Assassination of John F. Kennedy

Familiar with it?

No but I'll have to check it out.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I just finished reading this:

2009592345624448.jpg

It's a pretty good book. It's located in the business section of the bookstore. He talks about how he started, his principles, and how he got to where he is today.

Right now I'm reading this:

genrationkillbook.jpg

It's written by a guy who was embedded with a Marine company during the invasion of Iraq. It can be graphic at times, but it's also a good one.

Last edited:

63echo

Reaction score
And here I thought the DCU didn't have an active book thread! Boy, was I ever wrong!

I've been reading 11/22/63 by Stephen King. I wasn't planning on getting this book since I'm not a child of the Kennedy era and ain't particularly interested in learning more about, and because, with the exception of Cell, nothing King has written in the last 15 years has turned my crank even a little bit (though I have read everything the man has ever written).

This is a GREAT novel, though. It's definitely not horror (at least, not yet...I'm only halfway through), but it's damned brilliant and I'd give it my highest recommendation to any fiction fan.

C

Cr122

There are lot of threads our members don't know we have.

You just have to dig a little to find them. You'd be surprised.

Reaction score
Im halfway through the second book of song of ice and fire, clash of kings... Theyre Loooooong (1000 pages in paperback) but good. gotta power through before game of thrones starts back up in april.

Reaction score
lol

I haven't even picked up a book since that last book I mentioned (Comrad J).

Now that football season is over, I might pick up that JFK book I mentioned to sbk earlier.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Last book I read was The Last Stand about the Battle of the Little Bighorn this spring by Nathaniel Philbrick.

Last edited:
Top Bottom